Objective Change

{GG} CJ

Please read the TL;DR at the bottom if you wish for a faster understanding of the suggestion

Description : Suggesting a Objective Rotation. Obviously it has exceeded a week for map rotations and personally I've had enough of Comms, Company, and Town Center. I would like to suggest a change back to the objectives Factory, Construction, and Company. Most of the things said will be put in the perspective of having an all objective war. 

As of right now, it seems that if you claim company, you will automatically have comms. Comms right now is a little "broken" with the whole body blocking and spamming through the only entrance with 2 m60's posted and ammo crates stashed inside. This isnt me crying about it..just what it is. 

If you have Company and comms, you either hold the main road, hills on either side, or make a last ditch effort for capping 1 objective (Town Center). Town Center is not a bad objective at all, just the placement is offsetting and unfair to how close Company and Comms are right now. 

Having Factory Company and Construction, they were all spaced and had multiple entrances / exits for attacking and rotating. None of these objectives really favored either side, neither does the current 3 (Maybe comms to RU?). Simply put, it was just more fun to play these objectives. It involved a lot of coordination for each side, strategic rotations and placements, and communication. I just dont see that with the current objectives except Company. 

TL;DR - The current objectives are static..dry..lackluster. Trying to get that more dynamic war time experience and bring better planning to the players all around. Definitely had more interactive field with war leaders and all participants. Can we bring back Fac, Const, Comp?

If I missed anything that would help this post then go ahead and comment

Edited by {GG} CJ
  • Like 2
  • 300 IQ 1
  • Winner 1
1 minute ago, Vibe said:

But you guys were complaining before about the main 3 getting stale. Atleast when all 5 are active war leaders on each side can agree on 3 or more objs if they want so they never really get stale.

I'd almost agree with you. The idea of weekly rotations of 3 objectives was far better than a flat 5 objectives. However, without the weekly rotation coming to fruition, it seems pretty redundant to have to make suggestion posts everytime you want the objectives changed.

• MilitaryRP Super-Admin

I was a HUGE supporter of switching the objectives. I was excited for the change as it was going to be my first time playing Comms and Town. But holy hell do I miss the old OBJ's. This isn't just a case of "the grass is greener" either.

Like CJ said, I miss the exotic strategies of having to rotate people crossmap. As it stands, if you capture Company, you can immediately send troops to comms without abandoning Company due to their close proximity. You can completely abandon 66% of the map and still win. Yes if you are pushing to Comms/Comp you should send people South of Fac Mountain but you get what a mean. We have this great, open landscape, but war leaders will often ignore two thirds of it. Cons/Fac/Comp allowed for so much more freedom and plans of attack. You can and should use the map in it's entirety.

As I was typing this, Vibe and Gotham had commented. Weekly rotations would be great as all 5 objectives would get played. However time is a scarce good so I understand updates may not be at the pace they were proposed. If that's the case, reverting to Cons/Fac/Comp would have my vote.

I would rather see it go back to all 5 objs, and allow the war leaders decide on the 3 obj war when it is sub 80 players, which it has been for the most part, and sub 60 would be 1 obj. Like Vibe said, this would allow for the war leaders to change it up every now and then, a lot less maintenance from Garnet's end that he seems to not be able to put out.

+1. To be honest I miss the old OBJ's. I don't like the fact that two of the objectives are incredibly close to each other. I never played on 5 OBJ wars because I never played during that time but I would like to see how they play out.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...