Reduce the time between wars

bramnbu

I feel like we should reduce the off-time between wars, 1 hour and 15 minutes seems like way too much. Some new players quit playing early on because they feel like it’s boring and that there isnothing to do. Sure there are sims sometimes, but after a while that gets boring aswell. And I feel like most players have had a moment when they jointhe server and see “Time until next war: 1:10:38” (example) in the top left corner. So they go back to being afk or leave the server and join later duringthe day.  I suggest to maybe reduce it back to 1 hour like it used to be.

I know the time between wars used to be 1 hour, so if anyone can tell me the reason why it got changed that would be good. I typed this on my phone so sorry for any errors.

5 minutes ago, .br0ken said:

The time was extended so that faction leaders can host the tryouts during one peace time instead of splitting it

Thanks for telling me. I kinda figured this would be the answer, but does tryouts really take over an hour to complete?  Seems really long, but I don’t really wanna talk about this myself since I’ve never been a faction leader. 

15 minutes ago, DannKeb said:

I feel like we should reduce the off-time between wars, 1 hour and 15 minutes seems like way too much. Some new players quit playing early on because they feel like it’s boring and that there isnothing to do. Sure there are sims sometimes, but after a while that gets boring aswell. And I feel like most players have had a moment when they jointhe server and see “Time until next war: 1:10:38” (example) in the top left corner. So they go back to being afk or leave the server and join later duringthe day.  I suggest to maybe reduce it back to 1 hour like it used to be.

I know the time between wars used to be 1 hour, so if anyone can tell me the reason why it got changed that would be good. I typed this on my phone so sorry for any errors.

It used to be 2 hours 

I remember on old Taiga SSO tryouts consistently wouldn't finish till after war started. As well after hosting tryouts for FM if people make it through all portions with the current time it is still cut close, with usually 10-5 minutes left. So I think the current time is a good balance.

Edited by Normal Hooman
  • Like 1

The current time right now is very close for tryouts as br0ken said for special forces factions that want to test multiple aspects, and extending it by another 15 minutes to 1:30:00 is honestly what I think would be best. There is plenty to do as long as your Officers/Faction Leaders are actively hosting their in-character events with enlisted like kidnaps, raids, sims as you mentioned, and the tryouts. There is also recruiting (which I rarely get time to do because of the 1:15:00 minute time limit for me to get a good recruiting session done, I need around 40 minutes and then the 10 minutes for war prep, so recruiting sessions often times end up going into war, which I try my best to avoid doing as a Spetsnaz faction leader), and teaching/training for new Enlisted to engage in and learn about the server.

TL;DR: Current time is alright, there is plenty to do though, and if a change was to be made, it should be extended to 1:30:00 instead of reduced again.

I honestly don't think we should shorten peace time and instead extend the war time to like around 40 minutes. More peacetime to hold tryouts and do whatever RP and more war time to play and shoot up people. It would be like 1hr & 15 mins. till war and then 40 min. wars.

• 300 IQ 3
2 hours ago, Aurawra said:

I honestly don't think we should shorten peace time and instead extend the war time to like around 40 minutes. More peacetime to hold tryouts and do whatever RP and more war time to play and shoot up people. It would be like 1hr & 15 mins. till war and then 40 min. wars.

This seems like a good compromise, +1 for this I guess

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Aurawra said:

I don't know how much 10 minutes would really effect the amount of people who stay. I mean there's a slight chance it would keep some people around, but I really don't think 10 minutes would matter that much. I also don't know if anyone else has noticed, but US has been playing really close up to RU base (this was obviously before the csdesert event). If I were playing my first war, and was getting killed about 60 seconds after leaving the base I'd honestly get pretty upset and leave. So, if you're wondering why some people are leaving maybe we should think about how people are playing the war. That's just my thoughts, so feel free to tell me what you guys think.

8 hours ago, Santa Claus said:

I don't know how much 10 minutes would really effect the amount of people who stay.

I mostly think the 10 extra minutes can be used for winning wars. With the extra 10 minutes, you can turn wars by experimenting with new war plans or flanks. It takes a minimum of 5 minutes to currently capture an objective, assuming that you have at least 10 people on the point and no enemies slowing down the capture rate. It's usually unlikely that capping an objective will take 5 minutes since you will have incoming enemy forces that can either clear the objective or slow down a cap.  

Y'all are funny, I think really should be up to faction leaders and there respected officers if they need the time or not. But if other players join and they feel "bored" you can do raids? Or even step out of your way and make a nice event with the Staff team or even just plain sims teach the new guys the ropes

• 300 IQ 1
  • 2 months later...