Cease and Disperse Suggestion

{GG}otham

4 minutes ago, Cameron said:

Lol I talked about Meta game because it is basically assuming you’re with the opposing faction, US wouldn’t just kill random people that walked up if anything they would get apprehended and interrogated

Excellent suggestion, however we can not do group kidnaps, so entire realism isn't on the table as they can bring 2 people and be completely immune(although I have made a suggestion on this). Not to mention I'm pretty sure in a war zone. Any approach straight up to a gate would be met with a warning shot, and then a fatal one.

10 minutes ago, Cameron said:

, I say people are just going to be targeting and it doesn’t really make sense at all since we have KOS lines up hello?

KOS lines are for crossing. Being able to clear enemies away from them in an RP standpoint is beneficial. Especially seeing how 99% of raids start with people idling in front of them.

12 minutes ago, Cameron said:

you call this comms message and their is nothing to really determines what leaving around the base means

I mean I'm no scientist, and don't have a finished degree, but If I had to guess..."leaving around the base" means uh.....leaving the area in 30 seconds before you're fired upon. Just my guess.

Forgive my sarcasm, but your over use of "hello?" as if I'm completely retarded for making this suggestion has made me impatient with you. There is no use continuing this conversation, as apparently we're at a fundamental disagreement.

13 minutes ago, Cameron said:

Lol I talked about Meta game because it is basically assuming you’re with the opposing faction, US wouldn’t just kill random people that walked up if anything they would get apprehended and interrogated, same could go with RU but you know Putin’s kinda a badass, second my next argument has 100% valibilty your claiming if you see people near your KOS line you can call this Cease and Disperse and kill them, I say people are just going to be targeting and it doesn’t really make sense at all since we have KOS lines up hello? Or so that’s what I’m getting from your post, you see people hanging around, you call this comms message and their is nothing to really determines what leaving around the base means also, you just say 30 seconds like hello?

US and RU do kidnapping all the time so at this point, both sides have information of what uniform they are wearing meaning that we can assume that they are from the other side.

13 minutes ago, Jasmin said:

US and RU do kidnapping all the time so at this point, both sides have information of what uniform they are wearing meaning that we can assume that they are from the other side.

I mean that’s one life if you use the same information after that person dies against them that’s basically NLR

18 minutes ago, {GG}otham said:

Excellent suggestion, however we can not do group kidnaps, so entire realism isn't on the table as they can bring 2 people and be completely immune(although I have made a suggestion on this). Not to mention I'm pretty sure in a war zone. Any approach straight up to a gate would be met with a warning shot, and then a fatal one.

KOS lines are for crossing. Being able to clear enemies away from them in an RP standpoint is beneficial. Especially seeing how 99% of raids start with people idling in front of them.

I mean I'm no scientist, and don't have a finished degree, but If I had to guess..."leaving around the base" means uh.....leaving the area in 30 seconds before you're fired upon. Just my guess.

Forgive my sarcasm, but your over use of "hello?" as if I'm completely retarded for making this suggestion has made me impatient with you. There is no use continuing this conversation, as apparently we're at a fundamental disagreement.

Lol you need a define point in which that person is no longer KOS, hence we have KOS lines and basecamp guidelines, etc is it going to be render distance or is it going to be 3 steps back? They’re is too much room for loopholing. Especially for stuff like OC is a whole bunch of RU allowed to get shot because a US sees them? No it would be illogical. Again I think KOS lines are plenty good for keeping unwanted people out of your base, also what are you ANP watching lines to see if toes pass? If the people at the line bother you so much just walk away and if it’s a raid prepare your troops. To me it just seems like tedious unrelevant RP all it does is extend KOS lines 

13 hours ago, {GG}otham said:

"/comms [Open] Attention Non-US personnel loitering at the FOB. This is your warning to Cease and Disperse.(30 seconds)"

The comms message along with it's timestamp is comparable to the timestamp with the kill log.

/advert instead of /comms because /comms doesn't show up in /logs for whatever reason. Only console, and console doesn't have a time stamp for comms messages, only job changes, name changes, etc.

Other than that, I agree that this would be a good way to give some better interactions between the nations due to it being O-1+, the trust in Officers has risen since a year ago, most factions pick their Officers more carefully nowadays from what I have seen, so this should be fine for O-1+ to enforce.

3 hours ago, Cameron said:

Lol you need a define point in which that person is no longer KOS, hence we have KOS lines and basecamp guidelines, etc is it going to be render distance or is it going to be 3 steps back? They’re is too much room for loopholing. Especially for stuff like OC is a whole bunch of RU allowed to get shot because a US sees them? No it would be illogical. Again I think KOS lines are plenty good for keeping unwanted people out of your base, also what are you ANP watching lines to see if toes pass? If the people at the line bother you so much just walk away and if it’s a raid prepare your troops. To me it just seems like tedious unrelevant RP all it does is extend KOS lines 

It is going to be a reasonable amount away, determined by the O-1+ that called it, but the full range that the O-1+ can't go past for this would be render distance. Since it is O-1+, it is simple to explain it to Officers that if the enemy is in the process of running away, don't kill them.

The only issue I see besides /comms not showing in /logs would be how long this would last. I would say a Cease and Disperse advert would last for a short 2 minutes. This gives 30 seconds for any enemies to disperse, then the 2 minutes to KOS any enemies still around the base, or attempting to come back.

If an Officer abuses the Cease and Disperse system by calling it just to be annoying, it can easily be dealt with by PM'ing that Officer about it, screenshotting their responses, and discussing it with their higher ups/leader so that the Officer can be punished for doing so if necessary.

If the /comms is changed to /advert, and a timer of 2 minutes is given after the 30 second time to disperse to enforce the KOS, then returns to normal, I feel it should be fine. I think a reasonable guideline for Officers to follow is to only call this if there is a group of enemies around the base, being 3+ (following what is considered Mass RDM, a group, and a kidnap group). This would prevent Officers calling it against only two enemies, being overly sensitive with it. Of course, further regulation of it would be determined by the faction leader's.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Cameron said:

Just leave then.. you still failed to prove what constitutes as to where people are not KOS anymore

I believe I have, and whether or not you as an individual have seen that, i could care less. After your mockery and sarcasm, I figured it best to just disregard you. People will think and decide for themselves. After all, it's just a suggestion.

Edited by {GG}otham

Honestly having seen a lot of this happen In person and having no way to deal with it and RU starts to run in for no reason and same goes for US Troops it could help keep a more RP situation and a lot more realistic instead of having them minge infront of a place they shouldn't be or being complete cancer.

Edited by deathadder2222

This would be cool in the event that we implement it right.

Seemingly it could be abused by just spamming, cease and disperse, get out of here. But I mean implementing a cooldown will stop that. So since nobody or at least I think nobody has mentioned it in this thread, let's say 10 minutes? That's a reasonable amount to a certain extent. Even 5 minutes could work to limit it being spammed. 

There also comes the issue of how long the effect will last, i.e once the 30 seconds is up, how long do we hunt those that linger near our base? How far out can we hunt them? Shit like that could be hard to enforce. So way I see it being fair would be, after the 30 seconds is up, ALL opposing forces within formidable distance of the opposing forces base will be KOS for 10 seconds. The distance being I'd say for US base about up to the hill IMMEDIATELY outside of the base it pretty fair, but that hill doesn't surround all around which can bring on the rise problems.

Another way we could fix the what distance is KOS is just making it, "if you're not fucking fleeing from our base after the 30 seconds, you get a bullet". This of course would have to be within reasonable distance too.

In all, it's a pretty cool concept, little hard to enforce but I'd say punishments would be up to staff discretion and have to be agreed upon by staff in possibly a meeting or on this thread.

My main points are brought up in bold for what I think should be added, though I'd suggest reading the full post to get the full picture.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Going to bump this because it still holds merit. I was just warned and jailed for RDM in this case.

9606c1e963db322f60b7aa47b6e27542.png

In RP, we got a message from RU in comms requesting that we do our briefing at front gate. Since we aren't complete retards, of course we didn't comply. However, I still went to check it out. I'm then greeted by this.

b6f97e39496f79e5ce0a0b3a32f56964.jpg

An enemy with an explosive in plain sight. Within RP, it's pretty much common sense to deduce that this is the guy that was on the open comms asking us all to come to front gate. And even after DB was over, he was gathering a crowd of US telling them to come to him. 

The current server rules mean that as long as this goes on with 2 people there, we literally have to watch him sit there and blow up all the morons that are going to the gate regardless of what we say. I bit the bullet and killed him because personally I feel the "common sense" addition to the rules should cover this type of thing.

At the very least, re-add explosives to being KOS to the ROE

• Like 3
  • Winner 3

+1 get your filthy capitalist pigs off our territory you ignorant sluts

I love ya'll and its kinda fun to dick around and get people's foreskin at the front of base but it's kinda dumb considering RP purposes. Also, a pretty good memory to share lol:

ulMPnEb.jpg

qhGHm4p.jpg

JzbM2Gh.jpg

Nothing beats a Marine Warrant Officer reloading a shotgun to infinity at the RU FOB. Good times. @PaperJam (cant find you ;( )

~Kat

• 1 month later...

Initially I was on the fence seeing as this could be abused or add minges to the server, but after reading everything this is a solid +1.

Allowing the Officers to secure their bases from anyone that isn't their personnel. This would be helpful with securing base and surroundings for briefings, debriefings, and to help defend from raids. Both sides would heavily benefit from this addition. Being a US main for the past 4 months, I know the flaws of the US side. They're weak at defending the base and doing well in wars. Both are needed for debriefings after wars when we get raided. Allowing them to KoS anyone nearby to defend the base while being able to hold a debrief would be benefitial to the US, and in turn for the Russian side as well.

I would suggest that the distance for the KoS zone would be a grenade's throw distance. So for Russia, if a prestige stood on the wall and threw a nade, that's the distance. For US, a jug on the outer walls throwing a nade. This would make it so that it is a good distance from base while keeping it within reason.

[Edit] Reading other suggestions about briefings being eavesdropped on makes this suggestion that more valid. Allowing US and Russia to force eavesdroppers to leave or die would allow briefings to go more smoothly ajd easily while maintaining a fair sense of RP. I would also suggest that raids still be allowed during these moments of cease and disperse if they wish to try their luck.

Edited by Volatos

+1, Honestly this is a issue I have alot. Irl if you loiter around a us military base you will be detained. Trust me had a similar issue happen while airsofting. This wouldn't be a hard system to implement at all. 

Edited by MattWatson