[Suggestion] SEAL Tactical class change

Pencil

Description: With this post I aim to change the weapons of the current US SEAL : Tactical class. Currently the class has the five-seven, super90(non-donor), and m9k frags grenades. With the recent addition of Rangers and them having frags I see it fit to have the SEAL class replaced to not have grenades to balance out the amount of grenade whitelists on each side. I am hoping for the change to be for the US SEAL : Tactical class to be replaced with a AR class. AR's because currently we are very restricted W/L wise to how and where we can play. The AR's I see best fit that could mould easily into the current meta and not have to be stat changed are the AR-15 SOPMOD and the H&K G36C. With the hopeful change of it no longer having the nades and shotgun. I also propose having the class title changed to US SEAL : Operator ,  to fit it's new change of pace and style.

Another small change that I wish could be implemented along side this is the removal of the US SEAL : Commander class' shotgun in exchange for the AR or just the plain removal of the shotgun. Though it would be preferred it maintain it's 3 weapon status as it adds diversity and usefulness to the class.

Reasoning: With Rangers added US has 3 faction whitelists with nades and after talking it over with Gildarts, the leader of Rangers, we had agreed it would be fairest to switch one of the US classes. After talking it over with my SEALs we had all agreed upon us not needing nades primarily and that we rarely use the class. Frankly I usually used it because it's faster than JUGG. So we aim to help balance by making SEALs to be more than a CQC faction without having both an SMG and sniper, but a medium-short ranged faction with the SMG and AR. The reason I bring up the sniper are because of previous posts and people trying to bring back the SEAL sniper.

Additional Information: N/A

Edited by Pencil
  • Like 5
  • 300 IQ 2

+1:

Reasons:

1) We have an SMG and Shotgun, so objectives are limited due to having only Close quarters combat weapons, none of the SEALs use Tactical due to that main reason, changing the nades and shotgun to an AR would make the class actually useful and not just a class that you're whitelisted for. 

2) Usage; It is almost impossible to win mid-long range gun fights unless you have a donor weapon while on the SEAL whitelist, changing the Tactical class to an AR class would make it more fair for the faction and would allow us to be put on different objectives/rotations to other objectives.

~Side note: Every other  faction has an AR except SEALs ((And Vega)), in turn, giving them a major advantage

Edited by Vaccc
  • Like 1

That SOPMOD AR is extremely busted. Maybe a limitation on the attachments put on, OR you can go with the HK-416. Again, the HK would also need heavy attachment restrictions, but +1 regardless. I agree with what Pencil and Vac have to say, and it would balance out gameplay.

• Like 1

+1

Being in SEALs for awhile tactical just isn't used. The hit box doesn't feel that great and the shotgun doesn't fit the current map too well. The only time we seem to use the class is just for raids. Of course rangers are going to want grenades, so we only see it fit to pass it over to them and try something new. My ideas were to either just keep the current playermodel, or to bring back #flippergang as the US SEAL : Assault playermodel and use the current assault player model for the new AR class. Either way we feel that with there already being 2 sniper and 2 grenade factions it would be a little unbalanced. I think this will fit right in. ~ Hydrus

+1 

We are extremely limited to close quarters combat without any donor weapons, the only time tactical is useful is for raiding or playing comms and the shotgun isn’t really powerful, only leaving you with grenades and a Five-Seven.

14 minutes ago, Shmolph said:

bring back #flippergang as the US SEAL : Assault playermodel and use the current assault player model for the new AR class.

-1 to this tho. Assault model should stay for the SMG class. If we do swap the tactical class the model could stay the same or use the assault model with the night vision goggles.

Edited by Hivemind
  • Like 1

ad6005252a7a585892c8c850cca92341.png88c00b70ccdf82086ceabd79d4b4d736.png

CODMW2 Guy 4 - LEFT (Name of the model, don't know the actual "code" name or if that is a thing)

CODMW2 Guy 8RIGHT (Name of the model, again I don't know if there is an actual file name nor how to get to it)

Pretty sure these are the models of what @Hivemindwas suggesting. Personally I don't mind these models and they do look pretty nice. In my personal opinion if the model was to be changed, I'd prefer Guy 8. Also feel free to say which model you prefer, if you prefer these or the ghost model, if you want a different model all together, etc. 

Edited by Pencil
  • Like 1
7 hours ago, Fier said:

-1. I'm not in agreement with this type of change because regardless of Tactical's replacement the nade classes are unbalanced. Yes, in theory, the amount of nade classes per side should be 2 factions, totaling at 6 slots - except that Rangers Breacher class isn't a permanent thing AND there are donator classes which include grenades as well. Now I can see replacing Tactical because Seals would rather a different class but I don't think the reason should just simply be to balance out the amount of class slots for each side.

I don't really understand what you're trying to say... Yeah grenade classes are op, but SEALs doesn't use it at all, we don't all we don't want it, and someone is going to have to drop the class if Rangers wants it. Whether or not the faction is permanent we won't use the class. It will just sit there and collect dust. I guarantee the ar and smg will be used at all times.

34 minutes ago, Fier said:

A possible solution could be to replace the shotgun that Tactical uses with an SMG, change its model, limit the amount of nades you can carry, and then give the assault class an AR. Of course that isn't a final solution and will still need tweaking. I'm not in Seals so I'm not one to claim what you guys are wanting and am here to provide other possible solutions.

I see that Seals aren't wanting the class for more than just balance, I apologize that I may not have read the post all the way through, that is on me. And what I mean by Rangers Breacher not being a permanent thing is that I'm pretty sure those classes are changing seeing as how they're a legitimate copy of GB with basic model changes

Of course, all of this response is based on Rangers classes being changed and if that isn't the case officially then I'd be all for this change.

An SMG with nades even if they're "limited" would just make the class better than it already is. 

Anyways, +1 to your class loadout change from Shotgun + Nades to an AR.