[MRP] Reinventing Red Bull on Credit Store

Ethan

What do you think after reading the suggestion?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Choose one below

• First version (speed boost, forced keys, 5 credits or $1000, 10 minute cool down)
    • Second version (speed boost only at base, free, no cool down)
    • Neither, I disagree with the suggestion (*if so please provide your criticism in a comment please*)

Reinventing Red Bull on Credit Store

Description:

What I am suggesting is to add back Red Bull to the credit store, but to change how it works. I have two different ideas for how it could be re-implemented. Both involve Red Bull being a temporary item that goes away after it's timer ends (timer being around 10-30 seconds) instead of sticking till death even when the item expires like the other items (if this is possible, if not then the entire suggestion won't work). The difference in the two ideas comes here: If possible, upon purchasing the Red Bull, the speed boost will apply and you will be forced to hold out your keys during the duration of the effect. It will cost around 5 credits (or maybe costing in-game $ instead to give money some use, cost in $ could be like $1,000 each use) with a 10 minute cool down as it will be a temporary boost in one life rather than a long-lasting effect. The second way you could do this would be to bring back vending machine, and remove the /credit menu so that you can only purchase this perk at your base to prevent it from impacting gun fights as often. This would be free to use and have no cool down so you can use it every life.

Reasoning:

This version of Red Bull could fill the void that not having vehicles has left of speeding to an objective (sadly now as an individual instead of with 20 soldiers all jam packed on the hood). This would also cut travel time to objectives which would allow for those larger maps to be a bit more playable (if it was added for this reason, maybe make the boost free and have no cool down so that all players can use it to get away from base and to an objective faster). If the first version were added, it could be used strategically outside of the base to make flanks/ambushes, but would be risky as you wouldn't be able to defend yourself while using the boost.

Additional Information:

Use poll to show support, unless you have additional comments/questions that you think should be addressed. If you disagree with the suggestion, I would like to hear about it below in a reply.

Edited by Ethan
small edit to second version
  • Like 1

I agree upon using it for travel purposes only. If its sole purpose is going to be using it to get to an obj, then im all for it. But forcing your keys out is something else. The reason why is because I agree upon using it for travel purposes only. If its sole purpose is going to be using it to get to an obj, then im all for it. But forcing your keys out is something else. The reason why is because the issue of "basecampers" if youre running out with no defense weapon then youre gonna have an annoying time buying it and attempting to get to an objective. If there's a suggestion I could add, it would be yes let the duration of it be within 10-30 seconds so they can run, but dont restrict them on their weapon choice. 

On another note, when it comes to actually purchasing this, I think everyone should have an equal opportunity at a vending machine. Not everyone is afk-ing and farming x amount of credits, but people on the server are rich. If you set the price to back to tiaga which was roughly around 200$ or even up a couple hundred more dollars, the leaders or commanding officers could spare a few dollars and give the money to the lower enlisted. The reason i think this is gonna be a suitable method is 1) it'll bring people together to push as a collective unit and 2) bring the bond closer between enlisted and officer. Also another plus note, if people go to the extent of doing it, it'll make people purchase in game money.  

• Informative 4

Ugh Ethan im with you but not,

People already move fast, way faster then when I first started on the server. I get the reasoning not having cars suck, but its annoying when you have flash running at you with the already bad hitboxes and hit reg. Cars on the new map are most probably coming back. If anything I would recommend making Garnet do a Beta testing on CSDesert to see the best way to implement vehicles with the least amount of lag for the new map and suggest multiple ways he could implement it on the server. Im willing to talk to you on TS tonight when im done work because I want to talk about some other suggestions I have and I know youre advocate for RP.

• Informative 1

i voted no, atleast for this map. On CS Desert, the objectives are hella close to everything. Especially since the default movement speed is still pretty nutty. If we were back on Siberia, it'd be a plus one, but I think this is highly unnecessary. Also, it takes about 15 seconds as is to get to an objective. It'd be hilarious to see 15 US run into 15 RU @  Comms and everyone still has their keys forced.

• Like 1
  • 300 IQ 2

-1 , redbull in all it's forms I've seen it was purely dumb and only beneficial to those who grinded out credits and money(at least how it was on taiga forest/siberia redbull). But this suggestion towards it just seems neither beneficial nor practical. Not to mention how dumb it would be to be running and someone asks "hey man there's enemies ahead, get your gun out" and responding: "can't man I chugged a redbull 5 seconds ago". That and as Trip mentioned, keys out right outside of base is basically a death wish, that and the fact that redbull has been known to be a problem for hitreg and fast movement has a history to fuck with the source engine( usually results in the model outrunning it's actual hitbox, for example the scout in tf2 outrunning it's hitbox with a certain weapon boost) . Now granted I don't know if that was the problem with Taiga redbull, because I can't see the hitbox and nor have I asked if it was the issue.

If you want to have a boost of sorts I think the best way to do it would be to bring back the speed reduction having weapons out used to have, allowing for you to vary in speeds instead of all the same speeds(exception to donors w/boosts).

Edited by Pencil
forgot me closed bracket
  • Like 1
6 hours ago, {GG}otham said:

i voted no, atleast for this map. On CS Desert, the objectives are hella close to everything. Especially since the default movement speed is still pretty nutty. If we were back on Siberia, it'd be a plus one, but I think this is highly unnecessary. Also, it takes about 15 seconds as is to get to an objective. It'd be hilarious to see 15 US run into 15 RU @  Comms and everyone still has their keys forced.

Yeah, guess I didn't mention that this suggestion is keeping in mind that this suggestion won't be accepted for a while (if at all), and I expected this would only come after the new map is up. I agree, on CSCDesert it definitely isn't needed.

1 hour ago, Pencil said:

-1 , redbull in all it's forms I've seen it was purely dumb and only beneficial to those who grinded out credits and money(at least how it was on taiga forest/siberia redbull). But this suggestion towards it just seems neither beneficial nor practical. Not to mention how dumb it would be to be running and someone asks "hey man there's enemies ahead, get your gun out" and responding: "can't man I chugged a redbull 5 seconds ago". That and as Trip mentioned, keys out right outside of base is basically a death wish, that and the fact that redbull has been known to be a problem for hitreg and fast movement has a history to fuck with the source engine( usually results in the model outrunning it's actual hitbox, for example the scout in tf2 outrunning it's hitbox with a certain weapon boost) . Now granted I don't know if that was the problem with Taiga redbull, because I can't see the hitbox and nor have I asked if it was the issue.

If you want to have a boost of sorts I think the best way to do it would be to bring back the speed reduction having weapons out used to have, allowing for you to vary in speeds instead of all the same speeds(exception to donors w/boosts).

That's why I have two versions, you seem to be more on board with the second version which gives you a speed boost only at your base through a vending machine or something, costing nothing, and having no cooldown. Simply would be to get to the objectives faster. The first version is what you seem focused on, so lets talk about that. You say that being forced to have your keys out is strange, but I think it's much better (for those that want to activate their red bull at any time not just at their base) to force keys out so that it takes some actual thought instead of just being a speed boost that is only an improvement. The hitreg issues on Taiga honestly weren't that bad, what was bad was that large amount of special forces members would use it and it would last for 15 minutes, several respawns. So this is what I mean by reinventing Red Bull, it was definitely an annoyance in the past, and I feel it is a good solution for vehicles not being in the server *on other maps, not cscdesert* (I say this because this suggestion isn't needed on cscdesert).

13 hours ago, br0ken- said:

were you playing another Taiga lol, Personally on this map the objectives are so close to both bases redbull isn't needed. Beside that I am almost certain there's no way to make it fade away once the time is up unless by dying, Just like all other perks (What I mean is why wouldn't that be implemented on other perks too in the first place if it is possible) 

No, on Taiga I could hit shots and it honestly didn't feel much different from right now. Still hit reg issues, and I have honestly never seen them get a significant amount better as it is Garry's Mod (not a game made for the best PvP) and it is hard to notice most of the time if a shot that hit and didn't register was you missing or not, just my opinion on it. I did state above in a reply to Gotham that this suggestion is kinda put in place with the intent of it being used on larger maps where travel time to objectives could be an annoyance like Taiga and Sibera/TaigaForest. But there is a way to make it fade away, that's how the spawn zone in DRP works with an effect applied then goes away after time leaving that zone (which is another possibility similar to version two of this suggestion so the bases give you a constant speed boost of 1.5x and go away after a certain amount of seconds when you leave base. Of course, I know that this working for perks would be different, but I know it is possible. Whether or not it is worth the coding effort is another thing, I don't know much about that. But I assume it hasn't been implemented on other perks because it isn't an issue worth putting that coding effort in for.

Edited by Ethan

If you want to use it for travel purposes then why not consider making it once you get to an objective the effect ends, there could also be a set time in order to prevent not going into the zone so it wouldn’t end

• Dumb/Shitpost 1