Next Garnet Gaming Garry's Mod Server?

Nutter

• The Garnut

Hello Garbage Gamers!

Just like I set out to do, as soon as my summer classes hit and my schedule free'd up a little bit, I had been able to allocate hours of my day back to Garnet just like in the past.

I would ideally like to get more active in-game and over Teamspeak, but it seems that I had been absent from these two spots for long enough to get spammed and harassed immediately after reconnecting, leading me to get overwhelmed and hop right back offline (unless it's the late night hours)

I am now entirely done with the thousand tickets of donation support that were awaiting to be processed (incredibly sorry for those who spent awhile waiting for their items' return), I had been able to provide server upgrades (new CPU, SSD), we now host the #1 Murder server, and have had somewhat frequent updates to both servers that are actually following community input. IE: vehicles on MRP/Weapons reworking/quality of life DarkRP updates.

I think we have hit a stage where Garnet is absolutely ready to take on a third server, and I would like for it to be as successful as can be, so I will more than likely end up being the the main active Super Administrator overlooking it. I had juggle a couple of categories for popular gamemodes that I think would allow us to continue growing, and I have compiled a short list, it includes:

Starwars Roleplay, 2nd DarkRP server, SCPRP, Zombie Survival, and PoliceRP (or just a second DarkRP server based in a city)

I would like to know you guys' opinions as I put them to a high value, and they might sway my decision, as right now I have my eyes on creating a SUCCESSFUL Starwars RP server that would allow staff complete freedom to host events, which I failed to do in the past.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd attempt to re-open the PoliceRP server once again tbh, as it was actually really fun to play on and I know @Dillan misses it a lot pog.

Don't really see the point in a second DarkRP server tbh, wouldn't that just "thin" out the community in between the two servers? Never really tried to play SWRP or ZS before, so I can't really comment on those. And I'm not a huge fan of SCPRP servers, especially after my first time playing it today lmao.

• The Garnut
7 minutes ago, My name is GEO said:

Just do PoliceRP so niggas can get their donators back from months ago lol.

Everything from PoliceRP has unfortunately been wiped during our move to the new server machine. It would have to be from scratch.

In terms of StarwarsRP, I personally feel like you missed your window with that one. Too many established communities in that area. Not only that, but from my experience, starting a starwars server requires a lot of "bedrock" so to speak to start out. (assuming you're referring about CWRP like the previous one). To start one you need Leaders, gamemasters, docs, etc hitting the ground running. I'd love to see it, but it'd be a hell of a feat.

I've seen multiple DarkRP servers work for a previous community I was apart of. Gives the DarkRP players a sense of choice. Players would just bounce between the 2 servers depending on what they wanted to do at the time. One of the servers, was in a city, the other was on rockford(more of a suburban map). Was pretty cool, if you wanted a sort of "bread and butter" set up, this would be the go to. You already know the set up for it, and are familiar with the plugins etc. Pretty safe pick.

In my opinion PoliceRP was a really good idea, because it's a game mode that fits the community. MRP and DRP are gamemodes where a community is more easily attained. There is a structure to it that isn't really found in things like zombie survival and SCPRP, which I'd consider minigames in a sense. But also with PRP, which people kind of realized, is that there also needs to be a structure right off the rip.

The thing that I personally would love to see, is the rise of Team Deathmatch again. Like 4-5 years ago I played on a Team deathmatch server, and it was fire. Every ~45ish minutes the map switched, you picked red team or blue team, then started duking it out. You got credits for playing and getting kills, you spent credits on different weapons. And you unlocked different skins and attatchments with kills on the weapon you were using. Was really fun, but I'm not sure how realistic it would be to set up all over again, and not sure of the longevity of it seeing how it's no longer around.

Holy shit, it took me like 3 hours, but I found a video of someone playing the server for a better idea as to what I'm trying to describe above ^^

3 minutes ago, {GG}otham said:

The thing that I personally would love to see, is the rise of Team Deathmatch again. Like 4-5 years ago I played on a Team deathmatch server, and it was fire. Every ~45ish minutes the map switched, you picked red team or blue team, then started duking it out. You got credits for playing and getting kills, you spent credits on different weapons. And you unlocked different skins and attatchments with kills on the weapon you were using. Was really fun, but I'm not sure how realistic it would be to set up all over again, and not sure of the longevity of it seeing how it's no longer around.

I really like the idea of this actually, I played a similar server a few years back but it disappeared sadly, this seems like a pretty cool idea.

SWRP would be cool to start back up again. Right now the gamemode itself is poppin (Just by looking at the server menu), so if you were to get it done just right, I'm sure you can pull in a decent player base.

SCPRP doesn't really need a lot of maintenance I don't think. I'm pretty sure it sort of runs it self so to speak, just like the Murder server. 

3 hours ago, {GG}otham said:

^^ This would be fucking fire. I could see my self playing on it between wars on MRP, or when I'm just bored. 

Archived