DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

MilitaryRP Update [8/15/2019]

• The Garnut

logo.png

Weapons/Balancing Update & Misc

SSO and Vega have been reassigned their final pieces of weaponry

Elite classes were reassigned their weaponry, an RU Mercenary equivalent has been implemented

Diplomat classes have been removed (lack of use)

5% speed boost and G3A3 has been removed from RU Riot

The Secondary of all Elite factions is now the deagle

Some more optimization has been pushed onto the server

Crate drop system is underworks!

Squad System

Functionality restored, cleared of all errors.

Rangers now carry the ability to create a squad through this menu!

un0yAT3.png

Not that important but still neat:

Russian Elite : Mercenary

Primary weapon is now an SVT-40 (w/ AVT 40 conversion)

AVT 40 conversion Kit

Automatic Firemode

Increases fire rate by 20%

increases recoil by 25%

US-Equivalent introduced

US Elite : Venal

Loadout: SR338 DMR, Deagle, Speed Boost

THE WEAPON BALANCING UPDATE IS OFFICIALLY OVER. I DON'T SEE ANY ISSUES AND I'M SURE HOPING IT STAYS THAT WAY!

• Like 9

Might want to change the sr338 in some way it’s damage isn’t that great for a 60RPM weapon the M14 is the same style of weapon with similar damage numbers of 70 vs 74 but it has a fire rate of 100 idk but it doesn’t seem that worth it for a donator class when the weapon of a base faction outperforms it in numerous ways, the rest of the update was great though keep at it!

• Like 2
  • The Garnut
33 minutes ago, Illexion said:

Might want to change the sr338 in some way it’s damage isn’t that great for a 60RPM weapon the M14 is the same style of weapon with similar damage numbers of 70 vs 74 but it has a fire rate of 100 idk but it doesn’t seem that worth it for a donator class when the weapon of a base faction outperforms it in numerous ways, the rest of the update was great though keep at it!

All weapons of the same classes handle the same with slight variations, the RPM and damage on the SR338 would be almost identical to that of the SVT40. 

Try out the weapon in-game !

• Like 1

I bought the new Elite and test it in-game its good, but I want to see if you can change the fire rate boost it up from 60 to probably 80 or 100 (if im pushing it tell me) 

The gun im talking about its the SR338

And if the RU MERC has the same stats as the new elite if you can increase the fire rate as well but I want to try it in war let you know the rest info

Also the team chat don't work for Venal (US Radio)

Edited by Dexx2
  • Winner 1

Just want to put my opinion on some of the weapons out there since personally I'd see other weapons fit or weapons fit better by working a different way. For most of my critiques I'll be referring to the class they are assigned to or the weapon type in general.

In no way is this supposed to be directly hateful it's just my critique on the current weapons that have been deployed:

US Army : Demolition

IMO should have the XM1014 shotgun so that it can differ from the US Marine : LMG. This class is what made the distinction between Army and Marines for the most part and I feel it should be brought back with an high firerate similar to how it was before the update, but have a slightly higher spread. Should also have a limit of 4 in respect to 2GA's demolition class having a limit of 4 since a semi-shotgun that is very versatile shouldn't be accessible to everyone.

Russian Forces : Demolition

Should have it's firerate match the pre-update XM1014 and have spread increased. ATM is too reliable at most ranges due to it's high damage even with slug rounds.

US Marine : LMG

Should have the M-60 replaced with the M249, with a higher firerate but significantly lower damage(~32-35). My LMG should not be able to have the same TTK as a DMR with 200 rounds. The LMG should serve it's purpose of extensive covering fire in the form of a devastating amount of lead being tossed at a direction. Should be around a 3-4 shot kill with aroud 40% recoil, forcing users to use the bipod for most situations or forcing them to have to extensively pull down if they decide to spray while hip-firing. The LMG class should be used more defensively than anything and I think this will complement that most rather than a slow firing 1-2 shot weapon.

US MARSOC : Sniper

M82A3 should have firerate increased to it's previous firerate of 120 (I believe, could be wrong on that exact number). With the MARSOC Sniper class now being the only class with a sniper on US, I only see it fair this change be made both for the balance of the weapon and making it feel more realistic. Currently the weapon just under-performs in comparison to every other sniper, It's damage hardly compensates considering it takes the same amount of bullets to kill every other class regardless. The rifle's high recoil makes spamming it when attempting to snipe useless and causes people to take time regardless, however with the current firerate it just feels restricting and slow since the sight resettles by the time you can fire again and since their is no animation like pulling back the bolt, it just feels like I'm scared to shoot it again.

ALL ASSAULT RIFLES + BATTLE RIFLES

Need to have aimspread significantly reduced. A 90% max that reaches that amount in 2 shots is really un-reliable and makes AR'S more of a CQC weapon than a medium range weapon. Should be a max of around 40-60% aimspread, increasing by 12-20% per shot.

Designated Marksman Rifles

Need to have an uncapped firerate, similar to that of pistols but a high recoil, making them feel similar to their real counter-parts while still retaining balance because spamming them will result in un-controllable shots. Damage could use some tinkering for balance purposes, just imo they feel really fucking dull and weird to play with.

-Most of my critiques are for US classes since it is what I main however I will say this for Vega Group : Enforcer. Don't re-use weapons for classes, it just makes them feel un-inspired and considering the 4 new added weapons that haven't been assigned to any class, it's a real missed opportunity. I'll leave @Oatlife to put input for the rest of Vega classes though since I know he has some criticism as well.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Pencil said:

Russian Forces : Demolition

Should have it's firerate match the pre-update XM1014 and have spread increased. ATM is too reliable at most ranges due to it's high damage even with slug rounds.

+1

1 hour ago, Pencil said:

US Marine : LMG

Should have the M-60 replaced with the M249, with a higher firerate but significantly lower damage(~32-35).

Dont care about whether it gets replaced, but the firerate just feels broken.

1 hour ago, Pencil said:

ALL ASSAULT RIFLES + BATTLE RIFLES

Need to have aimspread significantly reduced. A 90% max that reaches that amount in 2 shots is really un-reliable and makes AR'S more of a CQC weapon than a medium range weapon. Should be a max of around 40-60% aimspread, increasing by 12-20% per shot.

Also agree with this. AR's came in a little too hot on the first stage of the beta. However, this caused them to be nerfed into the ground. A little buff back up and I think they'll be in the goldilocks  zone

Also, thank you for fixing squads!

Edited by {GG}otham
  • Like 1
On 8/15/2019 at 6:29 AM, Dexx said:

I bought the new Elite and test it in-game its good, but I want to see if you can change the fire rate boost it up from 60 to probably 80 or 100 (if im pushing it tell me) 

The gun im talking about its the SR338

And if the RU MERC has the same stats as the new elite if you can increase the fire rate as well but I want to try it in war let you know the rest info

Also the team chat don't work for Venal (US Radio)

The SR338 is decently good but the firerate just kills it, along with the Radio problem it can’t see any radio messages or type in radio, and I was gonna talk about the card but it already got fixed❤️

But I would love to see the SR 338 get either a faster fire rate(doesn’t have to be huge but some kind of faster fire rate) or a conversion attachment so it can fire faster

edited after reading gammas post, i forgot it only has 11 shots so if it even had a slightly faster fire rate it’d make the gun way better instead of a shot every 2-3 seconds 

Edited by Harris
  • Like 2
3 hours ago, Harris said:

The SR338 is decently good but the firerate just kills it, along with the Radio problem it can’t see any radio messages or type in radio, and I was gonna talk about the card but it already got fixed❤️

But I would love to see the SR 338 get either a faster fire rate(doesn’t have to be huge but some kind of faster fire rate) or a conversion attachment so it can fire faster

As harris said the SR338 is a good gun but it has shit firerate. the Merc has conversion so it makes it already better than SR. So increasing firerate so it can fire faster will make this a great gun even with it's 11 bullet mag size

• Like 1

For whatever reason, don't know if intentional or not, but the Vega Sniper (SV98) does 100 damage base with only a suppressor and scopes. Previously it did 125 for both Vega and GRU. This means Vega is the only faction with a sniper that does less then 125 damage.

• The Garnut
14 hours ago, Oatlife said:

For whatever reason, don't know if intentional or not, but the Vega Sniper (SV98) does 100 damage base with only a suppressor and scopes. Previously it did 125 for both Vega and GRU. This means Vega is the only faction with a sniper that does less then 125 damage.

I'd suggest you re-do your research

• 300 IQ 1

I think for whatever reason garnet balances things based off DPS which is a bad way to balance things in an FPS but regardless there is a bit of firerate there to compensate and the damage doesnt matter as much unless your going against something like a juggernaut or nailgunner.

Edited by Illexion
Spelling