Better use for Sidearms

Nutter

• The Garnut

Description: Hello Nutters, i'd like to propose turning handguns into a more effective part of a given class' loadout. My idea is to substantially lower recoil and aimspread, albeit keeping range/bullet drop short at 100-200M as to disallow the weapon from being used in long range combats. Also significantly buffing the withdraw time for sidearms (currently at anywhere from 2-4 seconds depending on the specific gun) would allow for a quicker draw in combat, without cooldown.

Reasoning: It has come to my attention through reading the forums and playing on an alt that sidearms currently have no practical use; their damage is currently very well placed at 20-30 per shot, as to require a minimum of 4 shots to kill (assuming body shots). I think in allowing the handguns to serve as laser beams in very close quarter, as well as have incredibly short withdraw times of say a second flat, in a scenario where one runs out of ammo in close-mid range combat, switching to pistol could be a very viable option to killing off an enemy.

Please let me know what you think of this proposal, it could be added as early as tomorrow's planned update for MRP, and could be reverted right away if it is deemed OP/ineffective.

• 300 IQ 2
42 minutes ago, Garnet said:

let me know what you think of this proposal

Instead of just making them super accurate at close range, have it function as a high damage at close range as well, with a huge damage drop off at range. Most handguns are pretty much worthless at anything over 50m anyways.

In terms of making sidearms more useful, keeping the damage how it is, no matter how accurate, isn't going to stop a bhopping ghillie with an AEK from being the more viable option in CQC. My two cents. 

Edited by shrimpus
  • 300 IQ 3

"Remember, switching to your pistol is always faster than reloading"

-Gaz

• Like 3
  • Winner 1
31 minutes ago, DooMs said:

+1 I would like to see this implemented 

also.. Would love to see mercenary class viable again. 

I'm not sure what makes Mercenary a bad class [unless you compare it to things like Cachet and Prestige]. Is the merc Mosin messed up like the donor Mosin is? Only asking that question because the GRU Mosin is completely fine.

If Garnet wants, I can edit this post with a link to the existing post about the Mosin being broken and under-powered in comparison to almost everything else (although the Mosin is still pretty good if you actually know how to use it) (Ignore me, I keep forgetting that Merc no longer has the Mosin and has the SVT-40)

Aside from that:

+1. I personally wouldn't be using sidearms, but depending on how much this changes the meta, I might (in response to how other people may potentially abuse this, although it doesn't look like that is likely). This may convince people to play the Support roles even if they don't own an extra weapon.

Edited by Torch
On 12/1/2019 at 8:24 PM, GoogleBot2Point0 said:

"Remember, switching to your pistol is always faster than reloading"

-Gaz

“Remember reloading your sidearm is faster than switching to your primary and reloading that”

-BatHulkSmash after killing me in an MW1 1v1

needless to say +1

also more donor guns plz

Edited by Captainswag

Important Information

Terms of Use | Guidelines