MilitaryRP | The Nostalgia Update

Just now, Garnet said:

I was never aware I removed third person, or do you mean the abusable third person we used to have?

Thats the one.

I do enjoy seeing plans like this because it shows (like you said in your post) that you're once again taking your activity with the community further. Which I couldn't be happier with. I am interested to see what you have planned for Airforce when the idea is full and fleshed out. It makes me wonder if you have plans to add an RU equivalent faction later on down the line once you can see how the airforce works in the server. 

As for our admins+ controversy, while I do genuinely love and get along with my higher ups, I won't shy away from saying that it seems like the active staff team as a whole could use some improvement, get some clarification for rules that aren't exactly specified. I do have some concerns about our current admins, I won't name names to avoid drama, and i'll keep the concerns to myself (and you, garnet) if you'd like to hear them. But for this problem I think you being more active in the community will give the higher ups a reason to do the things they're meant to do.

Aside from all of that, it looks like a lot of great ideas that can lead to a lot of great things for the server and the community as a whole. Appreciate the work Garnet.

This update sounds really good, as Milton said we always love to see you be involved with the community, also the Admin+ situation is understandable but I think that some people are expecting Manager things from them when they are Admins but also having updates and suggestions from any Admin+ should be needed as they are high staff on the server or they are sitting back as they don't think they can do anything, either or the absence of a Manager, as stated many times before, is shown time and time again, someone that is put into that role would help in my opinion, not sure if the 4th one is that or not.  

Next, the GameMasters, would this be separate from staff itself are would they kinda work together in creating the events on both the event server and main server? Adding on would staff be restricted to just staff or can they also be GameMasters?

As to the the rest of the update it looks good I like the event server idea with at least two events a week it would make it more fun for the player base and give us something to do for the hour and ten minutes of peace time, and Air Force sounds fun being able to role play calling in air strikes and even just flying the planes or helicopters is fun.

Other than that thanks for the update Garnet!

• Like 1

I did try to do shit when I was more active but I usually get shut down by people saying I'm going for a power grab when I'm only an Admin trying to help implement things, Admin don't really have any real authority over anything and the lack of a Manager isn't helping. The current admins on help a lot with the actual maintaining part with the server rather than implement new ideas as like what I said before being known as the "power grab admin" won't help you. I don't want to call out Gildarts but it really hard to reach him for clarification of the rules and the admins basically have to make a guess on that, which causes more confusion. Basically we have no upperstaff, all the divisions are also temporarily staff with no division leaders with me and Aidan mostly doing the blunt work but we can't make any changes to the divisions. 

Edited by Draggy2
  • Like 4
  • Cringe 3
  • Community Director
2 hours ago, Garnet said:

4) You will all know within the following day or two, we may or may not lose half our playerbase because of this change 🙂

hehehehe 😉

All-In-All great update! I'm really glad to see you make these types of changes. I think some people forget the namesake of the community. You know I'm with you 110% on this. Let me know if you need any testing!

1 hour ago, Garnet said:

I was never aware I removed third person, or do you mean the abusable third person we used to have?

90% sure he means the abusable 3rd person, after making 3rd person this locked, awkward perspective, people still manage to exploit the system. I have many times suggested to the staff team to disallow these practices as you have edited the script to stop the abuse, and people still do it by exploiting. They should be punished for exploiting

Edited by Alex Conway
  • Cringe 1
  • The Garnut
54 minutes ago, Remake said:

I think that some people are expecting Manager things from them when they are Admins

The difference between Admin and Manager is a title. Same powers other than the ability to promote, which doesn't account for much. This is why we have not had a manager, nobody is really putting any thought or work into their title other than their sit quota. 

someone that is put into that role would help in my opinion, not sure if the 4th one is that or not.  

As of now, as I stated above, nobody is worthy of the role "we just sit around because there's no manager" is the exact mindset that stops people from achieving the rank.

Next, the GameMasters, would this be separate from staff itself are would they kinda work together in creating the events on both the event server and main server? Adding on would staff be restricted to just staff or can they also be GameMasters?

Gamemasters would be the staff ranks for the event server, completely separate entity. They cannot warn/ban, etc.. However, they are able to use the appropriate permissions to set up events!

14 minutes ago, Draggy2 said:

I did try to do shit when I was more active but I usually get shut down by people saying I'm going for a power grab when I'm only an Admin trying to help implement things, Admin don't really have any real authority over anything and the lack of a Manager isn't helping.

When there is nobody above you, there is really no reason to let others "shut you down" when you are merely trying to climb up the ranks. Setting your rank to Manager doesn't just give you more authority than before. People like Phantom, Burton, and even Evity/Nightbot(DarkRP examples) had more authority and presence over the server when they were a moderator than their superiors.

14 minutes ago, Draggy2 said:

I don't want to call out Gildarts but it really hard to reach him for clarification of the rules

Gildart is for the most part out of the picture, he's a highly trusted member who can be there when needed as a Super Admin, but consider his involvement minimal.

PS

I feel you took this post far too personally, this is merely the state of the staff team considering where we used to be.

8 minutes ago, Alex Conway said:

hehehehe 😉

You're the only one who knows currently 

• Like 2
  • The Garnut

I'm aware i'm doubeposting, but I feel this needs to be clarified in its own post;

I do not have an ETA as of right now, I can let you guys know I am far more interested in launching a second Rust server as to stop losing out on a few hundred dollars a month. After that is done, I will look into the possiblity of revamping StarwarsRP. There is no telling what will be the narrative then. I'm at an all-time high activity as far as development/mapping goes, and so, it should not take too long.

• Like 4
  • Community Director
4 minutes ago, Garnet said:

You're the only one who knows currently 

Well damn! Aren't I special?

2 minutes ago, Garnet said:

All I know is that this is my all-time high activity as far as development/mapping goes, and so, it should not take too long.

Please don't burn yourself out! You put in long hours and we appreciate it, but sometimes you go too long and it wears you out! If you need anything, you can hmu on steam!

• Cringe 3

It's already been said, but there is a huge issue with complacency in the staff team. I haven't been as vocal as I used to be on the forums, but I've pretty much kept my overly-critical opinions in the TS. Unfortunately, it seems many players don't agree with my experiences that have worked in the past, which further shows me why Ieft in the first place. However, it still pains me to see the current state in terms of the mindset and I truly wish for improvement despite being uninvolved. I'm still around to impart any wisdom, even if it falls on deaf ears, because I still get enjoyment out of trying to help achieve goals.

Apart from that obvious problem that has been around for quite a while now, it's refreshing to see your interest in implementing possibly controversial ideas, which is something I think the server needs. I'm glad to see Rust has been doing well and I've been trying to get into it.

• Like 4
  • Cringe 1

A dedicated event server will be hosted where GameMasters will have the ability to use NPC spawners, /event chat, spawn weapons, noclip, and cloak themselves in order to set up a linear, well-made event. Documents will be provided for Gamemasters, and I'm hoping for 2 unique events a week. The Gamemaster to contribute the best events will be incentive with free credits per successful event host. The event server will be in their hands to spend hours on and organize a perfect event. Events may eventually take place on the main server, but the event server will still be used for preparations.

GameMasters in MRP pog

1 hour ago, Koulit said:

So would gamemasters be a separate entity from staff where someone would need to fill out an application in order to become one, or would it be another division, like HR and Operators?

Garnet has already answered this question in one of his responses where he quotes more than a few people. Gamemasters would be separate and I'm assuming would also be an application. If that isn't the case, I'm hoping Garnet would be able to clarify.

@Garnet If you ever need any UI or design done for some upcoming MRP and DRP related projects, don't be afraid to message me on Steam. I've also got a prototype that I'd like to show you, I've just got to get a sort of showcase together for you to see it and all - when I get that all ready, I'll send the showcase to you on Steam or something.

On 12/23/2019 at 11:25 PM, Alex Conway said:

hehehehe 😉

All-In-All great update! I'm really glad to see you make these types of changes. I think some people forget the namesake of the community. You know I'm with you 110% on this. Let me know if you need any testing!

90% sure he means the abusable 3rd person, after making 3rd person this locked, awkward perspective, people still manage to exploit the system. I have many times suggested to the staff team to disallow these practices as you have edited the script to stop the abuse, and people still do it by exploiting. They should be punished for exploiting

Yeah I already said that hoe what's not to understand

• Cringe 1
  • Haha 1