ThetaKek's Staff Application

ThetaKek

25 minutes ago, Entity said:

Yikes.

The whole goal of being a staff member is not to climb the ranks and be as high as possible, it's about helping others.

You're a cool guy in-game but I just don't see you as a good staff. 

Not only that but you were advertising your app, which is against the rules of being staff.

I'm not gonna be toxic here but it would be really nice if you can post proof , should have done it while posting this.

+1  nice app, I see him ingame at times and he hasn't been a huge trouble maker from what I understand.  Opinion may change based off proof if given

Edited by IAreGunnie
  • Informative 1
On 1/13/2020 at 11:41 AM, ThetaKek said:

I don't really understand what you would call advertising vs. asking if someone would refer me or asking for assistance on my app ie. a proofread or suggestions. If you are refering to what I had said in a discord server, I pasted that before even posting this for the purpose of asking if my paragraphs looked good enough and if anyone had any suggestions, I was not forcing anybody to look at my application or to +1 even if they didn't want to.

That's advertising your app friend, I get it that you were asking for help but that's genuinely not allowed. Technically it isn't even your app if you are having people help you with it. It should be YOUR app and people shouldn't be helping you with it. Also, the rule states:
Do not advertise your application on any platform

Which you definitely did. My point stands and will not change. If proof is REALLY needed then I can get on later and post it but you admitted it anyways.

Again no hate to you Theta but that's just my opinion.

Read new edit on original post

Edited by Entity
  • Cringe 1
16 minutes ago, Entity said:

That's advertising your app friend, I get it that you were asking for help but that's genuinely not allowed. Technically it isn't even your app if you are having people help you with it. It should be YOUR app and people shouldn't be helping you with it. Also, the rule states:

Which you definitely did. My point stands and will not change. If proof is REALLY needed then I can get on later and post it but you admitted it anyways.

If that's really advertising then I deserve to be denied, but there were some staff that got help on their applications and they still became staff.

And I really didn't advertise my application itself I had the group check out the 2 paragraphs and my ban section, none of them gave me any input so it is still my genuine staff application.

Edited by ThetaKek

Even though it was borderline advertising, logically, that shouldn't be a reason to deny it. This was just a minor "oops" that can be avoided in the future. No more than a verbal warn would be necessary as Entity has already provided. A lot of people know Theta which shows he not only knows the server but a lot of the community knows him.  Personally, I know that he has his morales intact and he would be a well-adjusted staff member for the community.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Entity said:

I think this is just incredibly harsh. More than half our staff team is guilty of this. Almost everyone who's become staff after me has asked others to view the application, or asked for referrals., and probably people before me. I honestly do not think this is a valid criticism of the player or his application.

• Cringe 1
On 1/14/2020 at 8:48 AM, Cireland said:

I think this is just incredibly harsh. More than half our staff team is guilty of this. Almost everyone who's become staff after me has asked others to view the application, or asked for referrals., and probably people before me. I honestly do not think this is a valid criticism of the player or his application.

It is valid criticism, and I do not ask of it being Denied. I gave my honest opinion for a -1 so you might have a different opinion. Plus the advertising part wasn't even the main reason I -1'd, if you would've read my first post then you would know this.

Oh, and telling everyone that you're making an application and telling them when you made one is LITERALLY the definition of advertisement. You making this post literally made me cringe hardcore, just because Theta is your friend doesn't mean you bend common sense.

By all means, I'm only stating facts. I like Theta anyways so I meant no hate towards him.

Read my original post again, thanks!

Edited by Entity

+1. The bans are questionable. However, I have seen him in game. He's a decent player. To be honest I thought he was staff when I first met him. He admits he was wrong and PLENTY of our staff have also been banned before. The advertising application thing is also something I question. However, I didn't see it and depending on HOW he did it... thats what I am questioning. All staff applicants ask for +1's and/or recommendations. THE APPLICATION LITERALLY ASKS WHO RECOMMENDED YOU. You can't just put random people down without asking them first. 

• Like 1
On 1/14/2020 at 7:28 AM, Entity said:

I respectfully disagree, I can understand a review of an application especially for a staffing one. Personally it's a +1 from me. No issues from Theta and he at least deserves a shot after playing for this long. 

• Like 1
On 1/14/2020 at 6:03 AM, Entity said:

It is valid criticism, and I do not ask of it being Denied. I gave my honest opinion for a -1 so you might have a different opinion. Plus the advertising part wasn't even the main reason I -1'd, if you would've read my first post then you would know this.

Oh, and telling everyone that you're making an application and telling them when you made one is LITERALLY the definition of advertisement. You making this post literally made me cringe hardcore, just because Theta is your friend doesn't mean you bend common sense.

By all means, I'm only stating facts. I like Theta anyways so I meant no hate towards him.

No idea why Entity decided he was going to enforce the rules for one person and not for all the staff, as many applicant send their draft application to server staff asking for review, corrections and suggestions. I was in that discord, and not once did Theta put in a link advertising his app, or asking others to leave a +1. All he did was show his paragraphs and ask others to look through and provide suggestions. People in that discord already knew Theta was shooting for staff. Your information is irrelevant, should not have been brought up, and should not sway public opinion in the slightest. Plus, you have made a mistake reading DMs/Private Messages before, often interpreting them the wrong way, so your idea that this is "advertising" is quite invalid. 

+1

Theta has been around for a while now. He has experience on both servers, and although a bit goofy at times, is extremely respectful, competent, and mature to handle the staff position. As a close friend of Theta, I can attest to the attributes I've listed above and personally give him my referral, as Theta has gone above and beyond to not only put serious work into his application, but into his image in game. Constantly is on the server, and actively works to make it a better experience for others, despite not having access to staff tools. Good luck, and add Buddha to referrals!

• Like 1
  • 300 IQ 1

6 hours ago, eXg-Buddha said:

No idea why Entity decided he was going to enforce the rules for one person and not for all the staff, as many applicant send their draft application to server staff asking for review, corrections and suggestions. I was in that discord, and not once did Theta put in a link advertising his app, or asking others to leave a +1. All he did was show his paragraphs and ask others to look through and provide suggestions. People in that discord already knew Theta was shooting for staff. Your information is irrelevant, should not have been brought up, and should not sway public opinion in the slightest. Plus, you have made a mistake reading DMs/Private Messages before, often interpreting them the wrong way, so your idea that this is "advertising" is quite invalid. 

You know, I respect that. Good job Buddha.

Again it was only my opinion and wasn't meant for an instant deny. It wasn't meant to sway opinions because it's an opinion; My opinion.

Also now that I see it, I was being quite harsh to Theta. I also apologize for being nasty on Teamspeak that one day, I really don't feel like I was fair. I was feeling super guilty about the situation since I found out and I couldn't just let it stay. I wanted to play on the server without feeling like I was hiding something that could harm the server. You know?

I do change my response about this thread though.

Edited by Entity
  • Like 2
  • Friendly 1