Required time/age for staff

spilq

Description: In my opinion the required time for staff should be increased severely. It is only at 24 hours but you can get that by just afking in spawn. I suggest it to be bumped up to 100 hours at least. The age limit is another problem, it needs to be increased to 14-15 as 13 is too low.

Reasoning: the hours needs to be raised because they should get to know the community better and be an active member. The age limit will help with staff maturity as 13 is a very childish age.

no offence to current staff that are 13.

• Like 1
  • Friendly 1
  • Winner 1
29 minutes ago, Spilq2 said:

Description: In my opinion the required time for staff should be increased severely. It is only at 24 hours but you can get that by just afking in spawn. I suggest it to be bumped up to 100 hours at least. The age limit is another problem, it needs to be increased to 14-15 as 13 is too low.

Reasoning: the hours needs to be raised because they should get to know the community better and be an active member. The age limit will help with staff maturity as 13 is a very childish age.

The current MRP requirements for staff are 75 hours minimum and a minimum age of 15. So if you guys want to change it to MRP requirements you can. But seeing as I’m not DRP staff I’m not going to +1/-1 but I thought this could be helpful information 

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

-1 for age, +1 for playtime.

Age limit should stay. If staff are incompetent, no matter the age, they're usually weeded out and removed. A lot of good younger staff apply, and we shouldn't discourage them from trying and maturing. 

Playtime should be increased. Players need a lot more in game experience, and frankly need more TS experience. Too many people apply with barely enough hours, and in return don't know how to evaluate sits as well. 

• Like 1
58 minutes ago, eXg-Buddha said:

Age limit should stay. If staff are incompetent, no matter the age, they're usually weeded out and removed. A lot of good younger staff apply, and we shouldn't discourage them from trying and maturing. 

Playtime should be increased. Players need a lot more in game experience, and frankly need more TS experience. Too many people apply with barely enough hours, and in return don't know how to evaluate sits as well. 

Alot of bad staff are younger, so might as well root out as many as possible before letting applicants in. +1 to both.

Edited by Kicks

-1 to both. I do see what you mean with the limits, however I also believe that younger staff learn quite a bit from our staff experiences. Whether that's dealing with trolls or other grumpy staff, they still learn quite a bit. We don't even have many younger staff applying and if they do then they usually get removed sooner or later for their behavior. Allowing these younger staff to join our team reduces missed reports and allows them to have an experience they might eventually give up on. Just my thoughts on this.

Also playing for 100 hours wouldn't change your behavior, playtime is really only a number.

Edited by Entity
  • Like 1
21 hours ago, Prince said:

The current MRP requirements for staff are 75 hours minimum and a minimum age of 15. So if you guys want to change it to MRP requirements you can. But seeing as I’m not DRP staff I’m not going to +1/-1 but I thought this could be helpful information 

+1 for making it to MRP requirements.

I fully agree, 13 year olds are not even close to mature enough and I don't like working along side them in all honesty.
No offence to the kiddos but like theres very rare cases where a 13 year old with 24 hours is actually decent.

They are increasingly hard to train, don't care about the server and are easily manipulated by other people (staff or normal players)
Its so easy to change the opinion of a 13 year old compared to someone who is 16+. 
At 13 you're still a little kid, we shouldn't be putting responsibilities on them unless we know for sure that they can handle it. 

On 1/21/2020 at 2:22 PM, eXg-Buddha said:

Buddha says it all for me, +1 for playtime, -1 for age

On 1/21/2020 at 2:22 PM, eXg-Buddha said:

except petal

• Toxic 2
  • 300 IQ 2
2 hours ago, Kicks said:

And how much experience you have with staff and rules. 

You really don't need experience to read the message that pops up on your screen when you join. But hey, if you want to get possibly warned/banned testing out if a rule is present then by all means I'm not here to stop anyone.

• Friendly 1