[MilitaryRP] Donor Sniper Meta Fix

AlexConway

9 minutes ago, Kruger said:

buffing the SOC ones would make the SOC factions with grenades less popular to join. 

I fail to see the correlation Kruger.
Snipers are meant to thin out a push against your location, Grenades are meant to clear the location.

I'm going to +1 but warily, I myself have donated for the Orsis, and I can see that it's honestly too strong.
We need to head back a couple maps, to where snipers were more balanced amongst each other.
SEALs Mk-11 was a good sniper, most of the time, I was contending with the "better" players toe to toe with it.
It wasn't a Guaranteed 1 shot like the Orsis though.
Overall, Yeah, Let's try out this change, If the collective of us are like "Aight fuckit this is trash" and we never touch it again, then that's something telling about it, But I don't think it'll be like that

Seeing the amount of negativity this post is getting, im gonna go ahead and toss my opinion in here.

Currently newer players to the server have no chance against the orsis. Especially when, a 2GA for example has what is considered to be one of the worst sniper's in the server.  Nerfing the Orsis/Mosin's damage to be more in line with the other snipers on the server can balance out gameplay pretty well for both new and experienced players.

And if the orsis is a donate gun, and that's your argument... That you donated for it. Why doesn't the m14 donor 1 shot? Why doesn't the Venal SR-338 1 shot? I mean, you paid for it right? Because having weapons like that is fair to nobody. I know that Garnet himself doesn't want his servers to be pay to win, pulling the orsis off of the top means better balance all around, less focus around snipers and more focus actually playing the obj during war.

"I paid for this so it justifies how broken it is" is the most self defeating argument I can think of in this context. You're literally saying "I have to pay money to be good at this game."

There's no point to try getting into a sniper SOC faction since the dono mosin/orsis is readily available to all, The snipers for SOC factions are heavily underused because the orsis is literally the powerhouse of the snipers.

+1 to nerf the damage of the donator snipers down. Quit using the argument that you paid money for it, so it should be the best. That is you saying "Fuck new players, fuck people who can't afford it, I paid money so I'm hot shit."  Donation weapons are subject to change just as the rest of them, if you buy into them thinking that they will always be the best then you are sadly mistaken.  Don't act entitled to the best because you put money into it.

• Like 2
  • Spicy 1
  • Haha 1
  • The Garnut

I'm just going to reach out here and lock this thread, i'm sorry to be rude to any donators or regular players alike, but here is the situation.

Donator weapons are meant to be supplementary to your loadout, and as such, they are in-line with other weapons, with the exception you might see a 3-10% forgiveness/buff in any of the following stats: damage, recoil, spread - you are paying for the weapon's class in your loadout, NOT its stats. If a gun was severely out of balance and this resulted in unfair gameplay, it would be nerfed ASAP (as happened in the past), and I don't care how many people decided to go forward and charge back, lashed out that they lost their 'unfair' weapon. The situation with the Orsis would be that it has a LOWER damage output than counterparts (100 vs 125) IE: M82. It's fire rate is largely the same (now nerfed to be 90RPM instead of 120, and its recoil values are fairly similar too.

The only reason for this post is due to the fact that the Orsis is so accessible, thus allowing the average user to have a sniper, which is a heavily restricted weapon, hence the $20 price tag... 

I have gone ahead and changed around the orsis stats to represent the stats of the M82 for a restart cycle as to show you this makes absolutely no difference, with that being said, I will NOT screw over a big portion of our playerbase who paid for a Sniper and give them a DMR 4 years later.

• Like 3
  • Cringe 1
  • 300 IQ 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 5
  • The Garnut
9 minutes ago, Milton said:

Why doesn't the m14 donor 1 shot? Why doesn't the Venal SR-338 1 shot?

DMR vs Sniper

9 minutes ago, Milton said:

There's no point to try getting into a sniper SOC faction since the dono mosin/orsis is readily available to all, The snipers for SOC factions are heavily underused because the orsis is literally the powerhouse of the snipers.

Just like with all other things, having access to such classes and utilizing their playermodel is a status symbol. Theoretically you can stay an Army Private and donate for your guns. Is that ideal? no. You want some form of progression on the server.

And finally I'd like to add, these snipers seem to only be a problem between objectives, which you have multiple routes to get into. 3-4 per objective on Echo, not to mention that shortly we will have a HEAVILY forested map with lots and lots of cover. I do not see snipers dominating for much longer. When it comes to holding an objective, I personally find snipers to be SEVERELY under-powered, and I typically opt for a shotgun and/or SMG when taking over an objective.

• Like 1
  • Cringe 1
  • Disagree 3
  • Agree 3