DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Chess/checkers Boards

dr_Sneakyy

I would like to see the chess/checkers boards brought back. I am not for sure why they where taken away in the first place (probably for a good reason). I feel like putting these games back in would definitely enhance the RP experience for everyone on the server. Also it gives the players another way to gamble with other people. Some people may not be good at dueling/fighting for wagers. With the chess games though you use strategy and skill to beat the player. I feel this would be great for the type of players that do not like PvP, but instead likes the strategy aspect better. Thank you -Good day!

14 minutes ago, Garnet said:

It was taken out due to its lack of optimization/exploitive nature.

Unfortunately this is not something that can be implemented until it is fixed, and it hasn't been in 4 years.

Is there nothing else we can do though? There must be some minor addon that allows this. Not even an addon, but anything external?

1 hour ago, dr_Sneakyy said:

I feel this would be great for the type of players that do not like PvP

I don't see why you can't just do something online like Skribble, Krunker, or (like Garnet said) Chess/Checkers. I briefly remember the chess boards from way back when it was still in game, but I can't voice any actual experience with them. But since Garnet says they were exploitable, I don't see a good enough reason to add or attempt to fix them.

5 hours ago, dr_Sneakyy said:

ok, got it thank you both for the info though I really did not know why they where taken down, but this explains.

An exploit used was to avoid rp and admin situations by entering the seat which was quite the annoyance.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...