GRU Model Fix

Sim_One

Description: 

What I am suggesting is that current GRU models hitboxes be fixed or the models to be changed overall. (If the models were to be changed an example is SAS01 - SAS04)

Reasoning:

To begin with the hitboxes of the current GRU classes are all body shots meaning that no matter where they get hit, being arms, toes, or head, it will be counted as body damage. This makes the models almost unplayable due to the fact that you get one shot by an orsis, or any other sniper, and CQC is almost impossible because most people can out damage you. Head glitching is always something that the staff team has been trying to eliminate in the community, and the current GRU models are short making it possible for someone on the GRU model to kill people without even their head showing giving an unfair advantage to anyone who has to snipe against a GRU model. Overall, this makes for an infuriating experience for both US and GRU due to the hitboxes and the headglitching potential of the models. 

Information:

Test of the GRU hitboxes

Current GRU hitboxes.

https://gyazo.com/2a98c22019601605140a0303b76c82aa

https://gyazo.com/988dbcab9f56c305b9466a4d094e4b91

Just a little thanks to Kendal & Dex for helping with the original post, most of all thanks to the nutter himself for telling me to repost. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

+1 The fact that it takes like 3 orsis shots to kill Army/MD/GB models

(the PMC or PCM ((whatever the hell they are)) (The PMC  (specifically army and MD models)  will need to be addressed soon or later as it’s beginning to be bs, but that’s for another thread)

and yet GRU models are basically a wall of a hitbox getting shot anywhere and dying, definitely needs changed/edited hitbox/model

• 300 IQ 1

+1 for the switch to the SAS models. This post was made by duel when we swapped back to csdesert for valentines day last year. It got a lot of support but was never implemented. Pretty sure garnet said something like if this gets 50 or something +1's/likes it would be done and it did but i think the post got deleted and he just forgot about it. Switching to the SAS models would be better as they are already on the server and have working hitboxes that are fair for both sides

• Agree 2

+1

DISCLAIMER: Obviously biased as I'm currently active GRU.

GRU models are currently only used in the following circumstances:

Tryouts

Headglitching

RP Events

Zero Donator Classes

No current GRU members will use our playermodels in war, outside of GRU sniper, as it's virtually a death sentence. I like the models themselves, but the hitboxes definitely need adjusting.

It makes our tryouts wack too, as a lot of people will aim for the head, when in reality it doesn't do any more damage.

Overall, I'd be down for a hitbox adjustment, though a playermodel swap would be fine as well, if doable.

Edited by Praetor_Don
I'll repost this on my main when I get home. Account is still bugged.
  • Agree 1

These have been broken since before I was COL, and few people remember that nowadays.

The thing is that if you want to change the playermodels you'd need to find some that are accurate enough - SAS models for Spetsnaz GRU dont really make sense and people are just going to bash on you for that. Garnet has been pretty adamant on playermodels for some time now, so idk if this would get accepted or not. It would be easier to have someone fix the playermodels and then suggest them so Garnet only has to swap them out.

+1 Switch to SAS models.

If you play the sever anytime recently you always see GRU members playing on prestige for Gille due to the fact that you will get one shot with a sniper regardless of it is an arm shot. I would love to actually play the GRU models themselves

11 minutes ago, Frosty said:

SAS models for Spetsnaz GRU dont really make sense and people are just going to bash on you for that.

Frosty is right. SAS models are pretty iconically SAS, otherwise we would've used them in the past. Trust me, I've tried.

I would talk to a modeler and see if you can get the current ones fixed.

• Like 1

+1 

I remember back on Delta this was even worse. There were a few boxes in front of the US base that GRU models could shoot from. This literally means that it would be IMPOSSIBLE for US to shoot me unless they were behind me. This was extremely unfair as it could ruin wars. Yes, i used it, but keep in mind I left GRU 8 hours later. The addition of a new model would be better. The SAS models are "too SAS". I believe the perfect solution to this is finding a new player model pack that works well. I am more than happy to go around searching for packs that could work. I think using SAS models are too much of a lazy move tbh. It doesn't make sense to use a playermodel that we used before (except for PM like prestige and guardian).

1 minute ago, shrimp said:

SAS models are pretty iconically SAS, otherwise we would've used them in the past.

lol as I was writing this shrimps said exactly what I was going to say.

Obviously agreeable they need to be fixed/swapped but as stated above the SAS models would be too recognizable and questionable to use. If somehow you were to suggest a small pack with russian esque models or as shrimps said 

47 minutes ago, shrimp said:

talk to a modeler

then that would probably work best.