DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Punishment for RDM in a sit

Vaelex

[Description] Implementing a separate punishment from just a warn on players who RDM in a sit. It is vastly different from a regular RDM in street, though both are out of character it is a clear malicious intent towards not only the staff taking the sit but also the player. Usually the players who RDM in a sit generally have zero intent to actually roleplay on the server, this would make it much easier to remove them from the server if you could BAN based off the RDM. The actual ban would be somewhere within the 2-4 day range, in my personal opinion I would put it at 4, coinciding with the 4 day ban for NITRP. Though by definition NITRP is 3 cases of rules being broken. RDM in a sit is something I would score under NITRP not only is the player on a sit roof, but most of the time it is after the staff has established what is happening, then the player proceeds to pull out a gun and kill the player and even possibly the staff if they are unable to freeze them within the amount of time it takes to kill a person.

[Reasoning] This would make it much easier on the staff team, not only allotting the staff more time to take other sits, but weeding out toxic players. If they only had 1 count of RDM on a report, then all you can do is warn them for that, however 5 minutes later they Propblock Spawn or Mass RDM, assuming they were just a minge. Though this is a very minute change, I'm sure many staff could agree that there have been multiple occasions where similar things, like previously said have happened to them as well.

[Additional Information] Blank

Edited by Vaelex
  • Like 3
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

-1, I feel that putting a different type of warn in just for sits is a bit overkill.

In the rules, it says "Random Death Match; Killing players with no RP reason" which i interpret as, "If someone kills another person without a reason that agrees with the rules, it is RDM". I also feel staff would still just use RDM, making this entire thing useless (if it were implemented).

In other words, adding a different type of RDM is pointless, they both achieve the same goal. A point could be made that we could just make it so RDM in sits is an auto NITRP ban, but the way I see it is If someone kills both the staff and the reporter, odds are whatever they were reported for was against the rules too. Even if you're staff on duty, you could technically just count him shooting you as Att. RDM, because if you weren't in God Mode, you'd have died. This is a good suggestion, but one that I feel isn't necessary. 

• Agree 1
17 minutes ago, Kicks said:

In other words, adding a different type of RDM is pointless, they both achieve the same goal.

I don't really think they achieve the same goal, one is skipping the other 2 steps towards a NITRP ban and the other is the generic 3 offenses 1 ban. 

19 minutes ago, Kicks said:

A point could be made that we could just make it so RDM in sits is an auto NITRP ban

This is something I am shooting for, but leaving it as an unspoken rule isn't really necessary since the implementation is so simple. If it were to be left as an unspoken rule a lot of staff wouldn't really feel comfortable banning on that premises. 

• Informative 1

A lot of people sometimes when they already  RDM in a sit it's either a they're just toxic and they most likely mass RDMs 80% of the time (In my opinion)

Or it's just someone who accidentally shoots someone or is trying to shoot someone before they get teleported into sit and then they accidentally hit that person.

Adding a separate punishment just feels unneeded for it The current punishment is fine. 

1 minute ago, OpTic Gunner said:

A lot of people sometimes when they already  RDM in a sit it's either a they're just toxic and they most likely mass RDMs 80% of the time (In my opinion)

This is exactly what I'm talking about, they are usually toxic and Mass, however a lot of the time you cannot actually ban them for mass that that point in time, probably because they weren't able to kill more before you took the sit. 

2 minutes ago, OpTic Gunner said:

Or it's just someone who accidentally shoots someone or is trying to shoot someone before they get teleported into sit and then they accidentally hit that person.

This is a separate case, however it is a vast difference between the two and can be clearly seen.

3 minutes ago, OpTic Gunner said:

Adding a separate punishment just feels unneeded for it The current punishment is fine. 

The current punishment is a warn, for RDM in a sit, which not only is out of character, but is then supervised by a staff member. I'm not sure where the unneeded bit comes from. It is a very simple implementation that would make a lot of sits much easier. 

On 2/17/2020 at 5:34 AM, Illusionss said:

+1 I think this would help a lot with the toxic players , Makes sits go smoother if people follow, and overall good idea.

You could just add the max rdm amount to whatever they're already getting warned for. Believe me when I say people either learn or leave once they realize they're gonna sit doing nothing for a good 10 mins or so. -1.

Edited by TheDudeAbidesV2

As someone who has RDMed in a sit out of pure anger (not proud about it at all) ,  I feel it is a very good idea, and is a nice way to cool it down, and/or show that you need to follow the rules or there will be consequences. +1

+1  i was a bit skeptic towards this at first because some people are confused when they are brought into a sit and just starting attacking with whatever they can but then they're not going to react well to a sit due to the fact that they've done something which has got them in that situation at first. However, it is really annoying losing all your stuff in a sit of all things so yeah. I also like watching people get banned.

• Forums Moderator

Literally on my second sit ever a guy RDM'd in a sit. I couldn't do anything else then just warn him for that and the other thing he did (which I forgot what it was lol). It should be more of a punishment just cause most staff think it's a big deal. +1 

-eli. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...