MilitaryRP Update [2/22/2020]

Nutter

38 minutes ago, FingerNugget said:

https://streamable.com/hc9iy

This is my only concern with the auto white-listing system is we will get recruits that say this. I'm not saying that its a bad thing it just need a little bit of work, IE (more in depth questions, and a couple of pages explaining DB's and war OBJ's)

Overall a great update in my opinion I like the new orsis system!

This was something which was talked about in the staff meeting today and on how to further integrate the quiz. Once the meeting gets posted, you can see what was talked about and what ideas were brought up.

• Like 1
  • The Garnut
2 hours ago, FingerNugget said:

https://streamable.com/hc9iy

This is my only concern with the auto white-listing system is we will get recruits that say this. I'm not saying that its a bad thing it just need a little bit of work, IE (more in depth questions, and a couple of pages explaining DB's and war OBJ's)

Overall a great update in my opinion I like the new orsis system!

Let me ask you this (i'm not trying to be rude/standoffish at all with anybody) but now that this given player has skimmed over the server rules (and albeit he's saying he learned nothing, he has most definitely read our rules) and is able to participate in wars by following other players. What stops a DI from further training him? - or is it that they won't do anything to help other members of the community unless it directly translates to their ability to get promoted?

• Agree 2
42 minutes ago, Garnet said:

What stops a DI from further training him? - or is it that they won't do anything to help other members of the community unless it directly translates to their ability to get promoted?

I think it's just something the base faction leaders need to change how they teach newer players the ropes of the server. The way it worked before was that trainers needed to take 10-20 minutes training the new players the basics of the server, to then give them the whitelist. However with this new system, these players are learning the base rules of the server but aren't learning the actual "Roleplay" aspects of it (Like how wars/debrief works, etc).

I think officers/trainers need to shift the focus from giving base recruit job trainees the full training experience in a dedicated amount of time as soon as they join the server to teaching these new privates the basics as they play on the server, that way they can learn off of both experience and help from others.

Hopefully this makes sense, its 6 am for me and i haven't slept lol. I'm having a hard time explaining my thought process but hopefully you get what I mean.

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, National said:

Just a suggestion but you could also implement a quota for DIs weekly if the quiz system doesn't work out as planned and if they're not reaching them without a reason just remove them.

That’s more of a faction based thing, but garnet, you said that you may turn donors into subscription based items, could you shed more light on that idea? I do love this update though, even the colors, while messed up, work great

2 hours ago, Garnet said:

Let me ask you this (i'm not trying to be rude/standoffish at all with anybody) but now that this given player has skimmed over the server rules (and albeit he's saying he learned nothing, he has most definitely read our rules) and is able to participate in wars by following other players. What stops a DI from further training him? - or is it that they won't do anything to help other members of the community unless it directly translates to their ability to get promoted?

This is a good point and i agree with this, there has been an issue with the RFR's on 2GA becoming somewhat "lazy" once they hit SSP and I've mentioned this to the marshal.

I think the point is at the moment its more of a RP issue as in they don't know how to ask for PTS or ask for PTL and i agree this comes down to them needing training but a lot of the people using the new quiz system don't know how to set their name so they end up just running out of the base getting killed by the US or RU and leaving because they don't know whats going on.

Its a difficult situation because there's things that need to be done on both sides to get this new system working 100% perfectly. I honestly think its a good system it just needs a few tweaks and the RFRs need to be updated on this so they understand it properly.

It can be confusing at times because when you pass the quiz it only notifies you of being white listed for the US ARMY.

I just want whats best for the server!

Edited by FingerNugget