MilitaryRP Update [2/22/2020]

Nutter

The quiz will definitely be helpful, maybe people will stop calling us the n word because a trainer isnt nearby.

Also, I know you think color stuff is dumb but I think it's really cool they're getting a change. Definitely will be nice to see them somewhat match each other now

• Haha 1
  • Winner 1
  • The Garnut
1 minute ago, Tayler said:

The quiz will definitely be helpful, maybe people will stop calling us the n word because a trainer isnt nearby.

Also, I know you think color stuff is dumb but I think it's really cool they're getting a change. Definitely will be nice to see them somewhat match each other now

Yeah, we could've had a quiz added years ago, but I always assumed that there would be more minges as a result (which I still do) but I don't think we'll find another Shephard who could have DIs training 24/7.

I really don't think the color changes are dumb,  we'll be able to stop different factions more easily now.

• Agree 1

I am a little worried about the quiz. while i love it, and think it’ll be a good idea it takes away from DIs. the only way you are able to be promoted to a certain rank is by achieving DI. so, by basically removing a reason for them. people are going to think it is useless to have them. Honestly, i’m just playing devils advocate. 

also, if the quiz stays the same every time, it will be easier for people who have been removed/blacklisted to gain their rank back within seconds. so maybe a good idea is to keep the quiz random every time, with a list of 10 ish questions. 

• Cringe 1
  • The Garnut
6 minutes ago, Ting said:

I am a little worried about the quiz. while i love it, and think it’ll be a good idea it takes away from DIs. the only way you are able to be promoted to a certain rank is by achieving DI. so, by basically removing a reason for them.

21 minutes ago, Garnet said:

DIs are still free to manually train people or assist them via preparation for their quiz over Discord/Teamspeak!

Those that put in the work won't be affected. Active DIs can still have a player be trained manually. The issue lays where (like this morning) we have had 0 active DIs and 20 players, some of which were new that joined, wrote things in OOC, and left.

6 minutes ago, Ting said:

also, if the quiz stays the same every time, it will be easier for people who have been removed/blacklisted to gain their rank back within seconds. so maybe a good idea is to keep the quiz random every time, with a list of 10 ish questions. 

... or just do what I did to where you can only do the quiz once, when you're new to the server 😄

• 300 IQ 1
2 minutes ago, Garnet said:

... or just do what I did to where you can only do the quiz once, when you're new to the server 😄

4000 iq. Love the update and looking forward to seeing new colors in the feed. Would love to see some new updates for those who have prestiged but that could be something to tackle in the future. Great update as always Nutter Man. 

• The Garnut
Just now, Prince said:

Would love to see some new updates for those who have prestiged but that could be something to tackle in the future.

I was having a full blown conversation with some dudes on TS regarding future updates, some of which were late-game Prestige content. Our issue right now is that due to the fact we've been around for SO many years donations have cut down so much that we reasonably can't afford to pay a developer for as large of a tasks as I require, I'm possibly going to have to make donations to the donation portal so that weapon packages are no longer permanent, but rather 30-day subscription-based items.

• Disagree 1
  • The Garnut
Just now, Millerjerm2 said:

Will there be a way to get retrained if you failed the quiz once and then rejoined like a month later with an intent to RP

There is a cooldown between quiz attempts, but you can take it as many times as you want until you pass.