Shrimps - Player/Staff Report

AlexConway

• Community Director

Who are you reporting? [Staff/Player]: Both? Gamemaster?
Your in-game name: Conway
Your SteamID (https://steamid.io/): STEAM_0:0:138807332
In-game name of reportee: Shrimps
SteamID of reportee (https://steamid.io/): STEAM_1:0:79611486
Date & Time of incident: Unknown, only joined the discord at 3/3/2020 around 7 PM EST
Timezone:  EST
What happened? (include any proof):

Seeing as Shrimps is the Gamemaster, this is most certainly an issue. Garnet Gaming (Based) Discords are not allowed. Silver Crown means that they are the server owner, if you are unfamiliar. 

SqoJCo3.png

s3Oj5rp.png

QknFqdF.png

6eee6a33eaa847032b4b612ae4499ed4.png

I'm not sure what to make of this ^ seems like a threat/ploy/witchunt but it could be context. Main report is the Discord.

Edited by AlexConway
  • Cringe 13
  • Disagree 8

Well, there's 1 thing that can be done, is to rename the server.

Honestly,  Easiest thing to do, Remove all Garnet Gaming branding from the Discord and baddabing baddaboom, No big deal because it's not Garnets problem cuz it doesn't have his brands.

The only issue I have with seperate discords, are discords used for the sole purpose of witch-hunting/shit talking other players. It's nearly impossible to find every discord that has any relation to Garnet Gaming and enforce this rule/punishment. I think it's safe to say that in this specific instance, the discord in question IS NOT created to slander/negatively comment on specific players. It's used to create some unity and communication between the SOC groups of US. Again, I have to remain unbiased, the specific situation that's being reported imo is not enough to warrant ANY punishment against Shrimps. 

The sole-purpose of that discord is to promote good and effective communication of US SOC groups, of course, a few things will be said here and there that are off topic. These kinds of things happen on a multitude of platforms unrelated to discord already. 

41 minutes ago, Alex Conway said:

seems like a threat/ploy/witchunt but it could be context.

It wasn't a threat or witch-hunt, Shrimps from how the message appears, was memeing your name. However, I can't give a 100% certain answer since I can no longer see those chat messages on that discord. 

Overall, -1 on the report. I simply don't see enough cold-hard facts that say this discord has a malicious purpose/effect. However, if Garnet comes out and says that discords that have ANY relation to Garnet Gaming are forbidden, then i'll change my -1 to a +1. I understand you provided a steam chat message, but I believe the purpose of the discord is also a consideration alongside this rule. 

Edited by Soappppp
grammar
2 minutes ago, Soappppp said:

It wasn't a threat or witch-hunt

Yeah unfortunately those messages are gone, which might make it look like I'M OUT TO GET CONWAY. The 'i've got work to do' was literally in reference to me deleting the channel the next day and overhauling the whole server because it was ugly looking. Rip context I guess. zonk

Edited by shrimp
  • Like 1
  • Community Director
31 minutes ago, shrimp said:

Remake asked me to take it over and help improve the level of communication and unity between US Special Forces, as in my absence it seems to have declined heavily, and so I saw it as an opportunity to not only have a way to directly communicate with offline SOC factions prior to the event server being integrated, but to also help with this problem:

You still were actively developing the discord, regardless of if you've been here or not because your health issues (Hope you're feeling better), you still were actively running the discord, with Garnet Gaming branding and people. Discords aren't allowed because of their purpose. Even if you didn't have [GG] in the name, it's a Garnet Gaming discord, made for the server, to use with ACTIVE players, and all things Garnet - it's not a personal discord that "happens to have people from Garnet" - you simply could have deleted it. Or asked Garnet if they were allowed or not, like I did. 

24 minutes ago, Soappppp said:

. It's nearly impossible to find every discord that has any relation to Garnet Gaming and enforce this rule/punishment. I

That's not the point - it's still a violation of the rules as a precaution, let alone someone who is meant to run an event server. It's nearly impossible to find every cheater, but it's still against the rules.

22 minutes ago, shrimp said:

Yeah unfortunately those messages are gone, which might make it look like I'M OUT TO GET CONWAY. The 'i've got work to do' was literally in reference to me deleting the channel the next day and overhauling the whole server because it was ugly looking. zonk

Hence why I said might be "context" See:

57 minutes ago, Alex Conway said:

but it could be context.

Edited by AlexConway

I mean shit, what kind of punishment are you looking for him to get? All I see here is someone trying to make an actual functioning discord that US-SOC can use to coordinate with themselves and the other SOC factions with. I understand it says [GG], but is that really something to get upset about? This discord was ran by two trusted people of the community, I really don't see any reason why Shrimp or anyone involved should get any sort of trouble with this. If this was made by some random Warrant officer or enlisted I could see why someone would be upset, but I mean come on Shrimps is well known and respected within the community.

I know there's already a public discord, but literally no one uses that and isn't very "well kept" anyways. I can understand why they'd want to make a private discord just for USSOCOM, as the way they have it currently set-up allows for them to better communicate between the factions, and therefore helps fix issues on the US side that everyone has been freaking out about lately. The rule in general is stupid, and the only real context that it makes sense in is the one I already said above.

There's also the teamspeak, but it's pretty obvious why they'd want to have a discord server rather than use the teamspeak for this kind of thing.

Overall, gonna have to -1 this. This report just looks like you trying to get Shrimp in trouble for no real reason, especially if he's trying to actively improve the server by creating a platform in which SOC can better communicate themselves rather than  just locking themselves in their separate teamspeak channels. If Garnet really will not allow this (Even though it would benefit the community as a whole), then at most Shrimps should just be forced to either change the name of the discord server so it says "Unofficial GG Discord Server" or make him publicly state somewhere in the discord that it is not an official discord of GG.

I mean I'd assume that anyone in the discord would know it's not official anyways, assuming the only people allowed in it are SOC. It's not a public discord anyways.

Sorry for the scattered/poorly written post, but I'm not trying to spend 30 minutes making a response to this lmao, these are just my thoughts on the matter.

Edited by PrisonNightmare
  • Agree 2
59 minutes ago, Alex Conway said:

That's not the point - it's still a violation of the rules as a precaution, let alone someone who is meant to run an event server. It's nearly impossible to find every cheater, but it's still against the rules.

You're going out of your way to make a report on someone for a rule that doesnt need to be a thing, but instead of questioning the rule that shouldnt be a thing, you just follow it.

"Good soldiers follow orders"

• Agree 1

There can be many counterparts to this report. Many people have made discords for SOC factions and other just friendly discords in the past while playing on the server. You trying to make a claim that discords shouldnt be allowed in the community even though as @Tayler stated it being a rule that shouldnt even be a rule.

Overall I think that theres no reason why this report should have been made. Yes discords inside the community technically are not allowed via having the discord being GG affiliated, I think that having  this USSOCOM discord was a good idea so then that way they can communicate without having to just spread messages in TS and then having to wait for a response overtime. On discord they can just either @ that person or announce what is needed to be said. I dont understand why you wanted to make a report on someone making a GG discord so they can have better comms with a faction regardless if people are "throwing shade" or "conducting a plot". So fucking what, let them talk. In my eyes this report is seen as a witchunt and shouldnt have been made in the first place.  

6eee6a33eaa847032b4b612ae4499ed4.png

I'm not sure what to make of this ^ seems like a threat/ploy/witchunt but it could be context. Main report is the Discord.

^ Ok? Someone called you cringeway. I dont understand how you think this is a "threat" when shrimps could have simply been talking about his own faction that garnet himself said would be added later down the line.

Garnet Gaming (Based) Discords are not allowed. < SOC leaders have built discord numerous times to help their faction and make their faction feel more relaxed and home like. If people talk shit on you in said discord, talk to that person directly. Calling them out just because they made a discord makes no sense.

-1. Theres zero reason why this report should have been made when the discord that was created is to support the build of USSOCOM and allow better communications within whatever is needed to be said and or done.

Edited by Redacted
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

There's a lot I want to say, but I'll keep this short.

This really isn't professional behavior. We're all on the same team here, trying to improve Garnet Gaming. 

I don't consider this a valid report for the points stated above. -1

11 hours ago, shrimp said:

irony

KT74Eaj.png

Remake asked me to take it over and help improve the level of communication and unity between US Special Forces, as in my absence it seems to have declined heavily, and so I saw it as an opportunity to not only have a way to directly communicate with offline SOC factions prior to the event server being integrated, but to also help with this problem:

NrMzxdq.png

So, y'know, here I am getting reported for trying to help out in the little way I can while I'm still dealing with IRL stuff following my stay in the hospital. 

As for Discords,  I was under the impression that Discords were no longer STRICTLY FORBIDDEN as that excerpt no longer exists in the rules and nearly every faction has one, or utilizes one 'unofficially'.  I'm not saying I'm an exception, but it's kind of goofy regardless.

And finally, if you're getting upset about 'Cringeway', bruh.

You literally joined a discord to start asking about Conway trying to use Army as collateral. We do not want anything to do with the Conway Vs. Shrimps. So stop using other factions to manipulate people. I can provide screenshots of you asking the same questions in a different discord showing you either have a really weird obsession with Conway or you are out to get him so don't say your not because you have made it very clear you want info on him

Edited by Duglas
  • Cringe 3
Just now, Duglas said:

joined a discord

I've been in the Army Discord.

1 minute ago, Duglas said:

asking about Conway

Yeah, I thought it was a bit ironic cause I thought Conway was an admin/owner of that exact discord when he was Army GEN, a discord that serves virtually the same purpose of the one currently in question. 

2 minutes ago, Duglas said:

Conway Vs. Shrimps

This isn't real.

2 minutes ago, Duglas said:

So stop using other factions to manipulate people.

17644287130_7fa6a9da28_b.jpg

• Haha 1
On 3/6/2020 at 10:44 AM, shrimp said:

discord that serves virtually the same purpose of the one currently in question. 

Then what is your problem why do you need to keep probing discords for info on Conway because you need something to use as evidence

Edited by Duglas
  • Disagree 3
30 minutes ago, Duglas said:

Then what is your problem why do you need to keep probing discords for info on Conway because you need something to use as evidence

http://imgur.com/gallery/jvdismj

Please, send more screenshots before you say he has been probing discords or joining them, he had been in the Army discord for months previously. Your original post appeared to be nothing more than a vent post, I believe when he asked that he was going to use the info to refute  conways report I havn't seen any evidence of him specifically hunting down info on conway or witch hunting him at all in fact its been the exact opposite witch hunting wise. -1

• Like 1

Important Information

Terms of Use | Guidelines