Decluttering our inventories | !donate menu addition

Kendal

Description: A Donor Menu option / entirely new menu that would allow someone to toggle certain weapons on or off. By using the command !donate, a menu pops up that allows one to look at their donation packages they've purchased, I'd like to suggest an additional feature to allow the toggling of the packages to declutter the player inventory.

Reasoning: During war I and many others probably have this problem. We essentially have so many weapons (donor, faction, etc) that it is really hard to swap between them if necessary. It could be argued that the solution is to bind a quickswap key, but there are situations where my medkit bugs and I have to find my weapon manually through scroll wheel, making the process of switching between weapons more difficult than it needs to be. What I am suggesting is a quality of life change/addition to the donation menu (seen in screenshot below) to add a page or feature to it that would allow you to toggle weapons on or off through this menu. I usually run with an Orsis and AEK as my weapons of choice, but when the need to switch to a third arises (a knife or closer range weapon) I have to take a long time manually mouse wheeling through my entire weapon inventory to find my knife. It would be nice if we could have the option to toggle weapons, smokes, and knives off in our donation menu to declutter our inventories and make those split second switches count.

Additional Information: 2399f6dd748b176b2fd0c8360354ddfc.png

^Donation menu^ (Accessed through !donate)

Edited by Milton
  • Like 3
  • Agree 2

+1

I absolutely agree with this. When I used to play MRP, I would only run 2 guns. But as you said above, when the situation calls, I would have to scramble through my donators to find the correct gun. This would also be amazing to have on DarkRP as well, as we have more permas, and with custom classes, our inventories get massively cluttered. Great suggestion that both servers would benefit from. 

• Like 2

+1

Simply put, there are two many weapons to cycle through when you just want to get what you need. A cool way to implement this would be to have lockers that you can click E on and take the weapons you want, then they will stay in your inventory until you return it to your locker. The easiest way I would think of though would be for the !donate to have a way to toggle on and off what is in your inventory.

Edited by Gythem2

You have no idea how many times something like this was suggested over the years. It has been something that the community has wanted for quite some time. I personally agree with this suggestion, but the problem that has stonewalled it every time is it's implementation and getting it to work. 

I like the idea, but maybe tying this in with the donation portal itself isnt the way to go about this, cause that's what it sounds like (If it isnt then forgive my autism). It sounds like you are trying to suggest that the player should be able to set the status of the donation in the donation portal, which will never happen since the only person that should ever have access to that is the server owner (pr at least that's how one seen it on every other server that uses Prometheus).

Rather than doing that, maybe it would be better to use an inventory menu that can be accessed on the server through NPCs/Weapon Locker stations or a different server command. This would keep things server side and would keep it able to be accessed by the user. 

Now I'm just throwing an idea out here, but maybe we could also go for a different approach about weapons, so hear me out. On various TTT servers with inventories, you can select a primary and a secondary weapon through said inventory and equip them as you wish. Thos would go for a more minimalist loadout for players and allow people to be specific roles in combat (yes I know normal jobs do that already), but allow for small customization and well. 

The only issue of the matter that I can see is linking this system with the donation portal. It wouldnt need to turn anything on or off in the portal itself, but just need to detect that you have that weapon so you can use it in an inventory menu. And again, the biggest hurdle to get over in this suggestion is it's actual creation of the system. 

• 300 IQ 1
  • 1 month later...