Dex's Staff App

Dexx

Garnet Gaming

In-game name: GRU KPT Dex
Age [minimum 15 y/o]: 20 
SteamID (https://steamid.io/): STEAM_0:0:509539144
Warns:  3
Timezone: EST 
Playtime? [minimum 75 hours, use /playtime in-game]: | GRU KPT Dex has played for 1637:31:39.
Do you have access to TeamSpeak and a microphone?: [YES/NO] Yes to Mic in TS | No to mic in-game (trying to get it to work)
Do you have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos?:[YES/NO]  Example

Referral(s): [What administrator recommended you to apply?] Don
Past experiences as staff: [Optional] MRP T.Mod | DRP VIP Mod
How do you plan on benefiting our server? [minimum 2 paragraphs]  Well, I believe I can help out the server in many ways, either  it’s taking reports or answering questions in chat . I am very familiar with the rules and D3A commands on the server and a good way of knowing of how the logs work. I have a very outstanding understanding of the rules.

In order to be proficient and maintain order, you must remain professional at all times. Although, there is a time to have fun and there is a time to buckle down and get serious. This is where many people fail. They don't know when it's time to stop fooling around and get their job done. I, on the other hand, hold myself to a standard. When ever asked serious questions or silly questions. I always give back a professional response and never let my temper get in the way. Staff members are the people who mold and shape the reputation of the server. When the server has awful staff it general has a bad reputation, but when a server has great staff who help and guide you that remain professional at all times, those servers generally have a good reputation with the public. You also need to be able to respect other players no matter how much you dislike them. I'm able to get along with many of the players and I'm able to deal with players, who I dislike in a professional manner.  Maturity and professionalism go hand and hand. One could not exist without the other.

Maturity is one of those things that are a risk taker in many cases. Most HR Directors don't accept applications of those who show they aren't mature. Maturity is need to come up with clear and concise answers that the pupil will understand. Maturity is also needed to be able to engage in serious conflicts or conversations that are happening within the staff team or the general public. Through my years I've gained this level of maturity and I'm able to handle many different situations. However, it's critical to know when the problem is way above you, and you need to get someone else who is either more experienced in these kinds of situations, or a staff member who is higher up.

To conclude I believe I be good member for that staff team hopefully with my all-around knowing of the rules and commands , my professionalism and my maturity  hopefully you accept me to the staff team .... Thanks for reading .  

Have you ever been banned or punished on GG MRP? If so, Include details :  Mass Rdm  and Acc Mass
Have you made any previous applications, If so when?: 3 Apps | August | December | October 
How much time do you have to contribute to the role?: Tbh 8 Hours a day 

Edited by Dexx
  • Like 4
  • Disagree 1

+1, Garnet is obviously in support of Dex as well as the MRP staff team needs good staff members atm. Dex is a great guy and we’ve been friends since i can remember and not once has he shown in anyway he’s not capable or ready of holding this responsibility. 

• Like 1

You were previous staff on the MRP server for a short period on Delta and a little into the halloween version of Echo. Honestly you were a great guy back then and I remember actually being good friends with you at that point. Given that we were around the same rank at the time, I never really paid attention to how you handled sits and staff things.

But one thing that really sticks with me was the fact that I sent you evidence we gathered on some really sus shots you hit, and you proceeded to resign immediately after when all I was doing was asking you to explain the shots. You proceeded to bail from MRP for a short while and returned to the server with a more toxic attitude and other negative behaviors.

At one point you were saying that the server was basically fucked because "Shrimps and Memeware are back and they are going to take over the server" which was a common running theme on RU at the time. When I called you out on that behavior and your increasing toxicity, you intentionally massed saying "RIP DEX" and then got a 2 week ban, iirc you did it because you didn't want to play the server anymore.

As a player now, you don't really talk to anyone outside of GRU channel, and you don't really have a presence within the community anymore outside of GRU.

These are all just things I recall from personal experiences, and for those reasons I am going to -1 this staff app.

• Informative 2
  • Disagree 1

+1 can't say much ab He has had many many accusations of  hacks which are from what I understand unfounded, and this has resulted in a negative response, but i do believe he is a valuable member of the community and would be  a great staff member.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Mitsuri said:

+1

You are very mature, and a good guy to talk to,  and I think you would be able to benefit the staff team, and server in many ways.  Good luck!

Nice guy, mature, and wants to make the server better +1 goodluck

I've seen him training both US and RU recruits without being asked, while other RFR's and DI's were busy, so they could get trained properly. This is what we need to see more of on the staff team, people taking initiative to improve the server outside of the scope of what's normally expected.

After talking with Dex, I believe he would be a good fit for staff, as he's been staff before, he's already familiar with our procedures, along with what has been stated in other users posts.

Feel free to add me to referrals, +1