Damage Multipliers

Ozzy

• MilitaryRP Super-Admin

Description: I’m suggesting we change the damage multipliers of both arm and leg shots. Currently the damage is quartered, aka DMG x 0.25 when hitting a model below the waist or in the arms. This results in our favorite Orsis for 29’s and AEK for 10’s. I’m suggesting we raise the multipliers to 40% for legs and 85% for arm/shoulders.

Should we penalize players for failing to hit heads or center-mass? Yes, it’s within the scope of RP. However, too often are players being punished for shots that should be hitting the body or penetrate to the body. Models aren’t perfect but that’s a product of GMod so to try and improve each and every one of them would be piling on an already full plate for Garnet. Also model changes/fixes are batting about 8 for 117.

Reasoning: This change will result in more fluid combat and decrease the amount of RNG in fights (see Additional Information). I used some math to choose percentages that I felt were appropriate.

The higher caliber snipers, 125+ damage, will be able to still one shot prestiged players via arm/shoulder hits. 104/125= 0.84 < 0.85

ARs are geared to kill in 3 hits, with popular ones ranging from 32-40 damage with attachments included. 8-10 Damage from a bullet, no matter the location, seems absurd. Buffing that to a 12-14/27-34 range seems reasonable. The damage isn’t negligible and the penalty for hitting non-vital areas is there.

SMGs have regained their popularity with the recent server changes. The common ones falling between 23-28 damage with attachments. OLD: 6-7. NEW: 9-11 / 20-24. All i have to say here is look at the additional info.

Additional Information: Plenty of you have probably seen this clip but it’s might be the most egregious yet.

https://streamable.com/omv8eh

Aidan checked logs and he hit 12 times for 7 damage. There is no reason you should hit someone 12 times with bullets and not kill them, except for maybe the 300 hp classes. He’s not giving Regret a fucking pedicure either. He pumped bullets into his chest and stomach.

Closing Remark: I know a change like this would shake combat up quite a bit. We’d see automatic weapons being more effective and have quicker times to kill. Snipers would be less frustrated when they hit some twice and the enemy keeps walking with 40-50 hp. I think this is something needed in order to improve upon the combat of the server.

• Like 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 4

+1 I don't see this getting accepted but quite frankly this is needed. This will also be more freindly to newer players who already start with a disadvantage because of there base weapons being out classed by donator weapons. 

10 hours ago, 0zzy said:

Plenty of you have probably seen this clip but it’s might be the most egregious yet.

Also this a cursed video

+1

The amount of times I hit a PMC or Ghillie and don't kill them after 7 shots to the chest is reaching the hundreds now. This would reduce the amount of RNG and buggy player models while still keeping guns balanced and not too overpowered. 

I feel like this is something we should "test run" for about a week or two before it fully gets "permanently" added within the server. I'd be down to test it for like a week or two on the server and see how it works, and if it doesn't then we can just remove it.

Pretty much  +1 for a "Trial Run" per say.

Edited by PrisonNightmare
  • MilitaryRP Super-Admin
10 minutes ago, PrisonNightmare said:

Trial Run

I think it’s fair to say the exact values are subject to testing. However I feel it’s a fact they need to be increased.