DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

RP appropriate names / third floor restricted

This thread contains two suggestions:

1.) I believe RP names should be restricted somewhat, I've seen dozens of people with RP names containing the following: 6969, 0420, 4200, 0069, 1337, 8008, 8888, 7777, etc. Restricting names to not contain these so called "minge numbers" would make it easier for shock to wanted them, seeing as most CTs don't have a name, just a number. Repeating numbers are also an issue, because if a CT and a Trooper both have "7777" (like 5 people do i swear) it's almost impossible to make the CT wanted. 

2.) The third floor should be completely restricted right off the stairwell, I've seen more CTs jump off the balcony than I wish to count. The only two doors on the third floor are restricted areas anyways. It would make it less confusing if we could just tell all new CTs that the entire third floor is restricted without proper clearance. 

+1 as the current shock CDR I have to stretch Shock numbers thin to cover the entire 3rd floor guarding both the Naval Command Deck and the Brig as well as all 4 of the officer decks. It would be easier to only need 2 shock to guard the whole floor to allow more security to patrol the base looking for people breaking rules and overall better protect the NCD. Also I've seen too many minge numbers lately and until we ban them off the start people will just keep doing it to get attention. 

Edited by Gamma
  • Like 1

+1 For this. The only people who should have third floor access are Commanders, Authorized personnel, and Shock, theres almost no reason for anyone else to be up there unless were in the middle of an event and are told to go there

I'll add textscreens to restrict the whole 3th floor starting at the staircase. Once the textcreens are up, Shock can begin enforcing AOS @Gamma

Regarding numbers, officers and staff can begin enforcing repeated numbers and having troops in their battalions or CTs to change their numbers if it is already in use (I encourage getting both parties together and giving them a choice on who wants to switch). 

• Like 2
  • The Garnut
3 hours ago, Phantom said:

I'll add textscreens to restrict the whole 3th floor starting at the staircase. Once the textcreens are up, Shock can begin enforcing AOS @Gamma

Regarding numbers, officers and staff can begin enforcing repeated numbers and having troops in their battalions or CTs to change their numbers if it is already in use (I encourage getting both parties together and giving them a choice on who wants to switch). 

Moved to accepted based off of your response