Kicks - GM Application

Kicks

In-game name: 327th OCDT Kicks

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:72045794

Warns: 0

Timezone: Eastern Standard Time

Playtime?: | 327th KC OCDT 4205 Kicks has played for 520:20:26.. (I've been AFKing for ~300 of those hours)

Do you have access to TeamSpeak and a microphone?: Yes

Do you have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos?: Yes

Referral(s): N/A

Past experiences as a Game Master: Superior Servers CWRP (Head GM), ZephyrRP SWRP, Garnet DRP #1, Icefuse CWRP (Briefly) 

Why should we choose you over other applicants? I believe my experience alone qualifies me for this role, on SuperiorServers, GMs were expected to give out quality events everyday non-stop and I feel my event Ideas below will give alot of colour to this servers events. On SuperiorServers, GMs were also expected to have storyline events that were TO THE POINT on all of the actual events that happened in the Clone Wars series and general lore. I've spent a little under 1000 hours on the community (DRP1 Mostly) and believe I can provide events that the far majority of the server will enjoy. Going into how I plan events, I usually start with thinking about my past events (the general ideas, not exact copies), and see which events match the current attitude (is the server doing sims? Tryouts? Is there another GM planning an event? Do people want an Event? When was the last Event? Is this event good enough? Is this event going to challenge each battalion?). When I find or think of an event that would be enjoyable to the playerbase, I'd plan it out to see how I want it to play out on the server, and just craft my event from the ground up starting with who im going to need as event characters, If we use NPCs or purely RP, if we enter from Hangar 2, what do we attack? I've become used to engaging in all Battalions both in Combat and if applicable, RP. For example (from what I currently know), I could unleash a virus and have 91st and other qualified medics to contain it, I could spawn in CIS tanks for the 327th Demolitionsts and Saboteur, I could have a bounty hunter disguised as a trooper run around while Shock try to detain him, I could have a bomb go off in the Generator Room and have 104th fix it. There are a lot of events that could interact with each battalion seperately.

On ZephyrRP, it was Imperial era (sith and stormtroopers n shit), so I was introduced to a variety of new event Ideas. We could go down onto planet and exterminate a parasite that takes over a hosts brain and adds them to the planets hive mind. Since Zephyr wasn't the most serious server, we had tons of non-serious events such as when Ugandan Knuckles was a thing that was 'funny', we'd go around killing people as the Knuckles. I believe this shows that I have the capacity to have events that are relaxed, when the player count is below 30. I also intend to help in Sims, I have the ability to create a quality house to breach and clear, and can construct various simulations that are like real event locations, for example the GM could act as Republic Command and the Users could pretend they are holding in an abandoned village, I will send waves of droids and try to destroy the Clone position. I have plenty of Events planned for the server, and Intend on giving my all.

Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? I was banned for Accidental Mass way back when i forgot to advert raid on DRP #1.

How much time do you have to contribute to the role?: I can contribute a maximum of 8 hours, but I'll usually be on for 6 hours and do schoolwork while GMOD is open.

In your own words, what  are the responsibilities of a Gamemaster?: To me, I believe the responsibilities consist of providing a nice place for people to relax during this pandemic and when they're just looking for something to do. Gamemasters are in charge of entertaining the server and providing quality events to bring life to the server. The older SWRP consisted of (from what i remember) random events that would spawn droids in the main hangar bay while the entire server destroys them in 1 minute. Gamemasters should provide a variety of events such as the regular, "Oh no we've been attacked by droids!" to "A deadly virus has broken out in the base, medics secure the medbay and treat patients!" Gamemasters (in my opinion) should never make the exact same event in a row. Gamemasters should have the creative ability to brainstorm event ideas, plan it out, and execute that plan effectively. Gamemasters should be adaptable to certain situations that deviate the event plan, for example if a Bacta nade were to be thrown at an Event  Character (Which can't happen now, but you get the point) and his health were reset, the GM would be able to multitask resetting the EC's HP. 

Describe how you would contribute to RP as a part of the Gamemaster team: I intend to provide all types of roleplay, as in my paragraphs above, I mentioned i'd like to have CIS tanks, Medic RP, Repairing, Lockdowns alot of the events i've held are RP based, but I make sure to have a good Combat element so the other non RP based battalions like the 501st and 212th, have a chance to shine. My past events have been really detailed and offer alot of entertainment to the server, I know my skills from my past experience will help me make Garnet CWRP a nice palce to be.

Explain your single most creative idea for contributing to the RP environment of the server: I've helped in making some suggestions as I don't really have anything to put forward that would benfit the Community, but I'm more than willing to assist people who do have ideas. During the time of this application, I've helped our commander structure the 327th by giving some suggestions that i thought of due to the age of the server. I've suggested we practice Medical Roleplay so we could interact more with eachother, I've made suggestions that (as an explosive specialty weapon) our entry tryouts should be difficult as to filter out any underqualified users.

Please list and explain 5 unique event ideas of any scale:

Note: These event Ideas are not as detailed as my other events, they are purely ideas i thought of or events ive done and will provide a more detailed event If accepted.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/18ya-vIsTkbtk6o7Q5IoLQWctnhZDmdEU0Gq0i6E7L6E/edit?usp=sharing

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1X3bQ-3YxNqklh8DhfEcGKqIV6avq_67dRiZl1uAAA5E/edit?usp=sharing

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1h2_3rTsAj2Y8Bn5Jj2bGxRNTUQVg3Kgb47yae5iZPHA/edit?usp=sharing

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1G9K_UYywDs8t0vyAyTGCBE9G133bHpfvkE80pxOgGdw/edit?usp=sharing

https://docs.google.com/document/d/18wlp0OeCsp100q7YcdIW9SMTZxc50uD5OTXIiBjcTk8/edit?usp=sharing

Edited by Kicks
Time & Rank
  • Like 1

+1 ive seen your work before. You're an overall great guy and would highly suggest you to join the GM division of Garnet. I also love your preparations in Google docs and overall neatness of your plans. Very good work indeed even to my standards

Edited by Gamma
8 minutes ago, Gamma said:

+1 ive seen your work before. You're an overall great guy and would highly suggest you to join the GM division of Garnet. I also love your preparations in Google docs and overall neatness of your plans. Very good work indeed even to my standards

+1, kicks is a great guy and is really cool in game. He continuously tries to do RP and i see that from him. He’s an Ex DRP staff so i have trust in him that he knows what he’s doing. On top of all that, i highly trust gamma’s opinion. 

+1

Ive heard a lot of great things about your events.  Also I’ve played Superior and I must applaud their GM team, so if you were a part of that I congratulate you.  Additionally it seems you’ve put a significant amount of effort into your app.

• 4 weeks later...

I haven't touched this because I haven't been certain about you. You seem to have GM experience, but your activity has been lacking. Rather, you haven't really been on during hours where events would be most needed. I wouldn't mind setting you as a trainee gamemaster, but I would prefer to see more activity before I do that.

• Informative 1
34 minutes ago, Phantom said:

I would prefer to see more activity before I do that

I've been less active recently due to a mix of school and personal events. Ill be able to start being more active tomorrow however.

+1 

You're one of the consistent 327th I see on and you’re someone that can doesn’t need to be checked up on. Personally, in events, I can usually count on Kicks to keep 327th engaged and maintained even when not directly given an objective. I think he would be a good help and could have some valuable event ideas. Add me to referrals

22 minutes ago, {GG} Bishopil said:

+1 

You're one of the consistent 327th I see on and you’re someone that can doesn’t need to be checked up on. Personally, in events, I can usually count on Kicks to keep 327th engaged and maintained even when not directly given an objective. I think he would be a good help and could have some valuable event ideas. Add me to referrals

+1, hes got almost as much playtime as me, and that's not an easy feat. Very active and good and following orders when hes told to do something.

Edited by Bortnik