[MRP] VIP+ Classes

shrimp

1 minute ago, Doof123 said:

Just because a person like me, and many others decided to stick in and run a base faction, we are being fucked. So yea its kinda shit

I'm talking about the normal classes not VIP.

1 minute ago, Doof123 said:

Fuckin 0% of them would say the ShiNiEsT ToYS this is a severe generalization of the SOC Population

1 minute ago, PraetorDon said:

weapons are one of them, but definitely not the number one reason.

As Don said, It's an Aspect, Other heavily contributing aspects are the members, and the name of the faction itself.

3 minutes ago, Doof123 said:

But all i want is for this to be as appealing as possible

What's the 1 thing that everyone who has played army has said?
"Give us the Demo Shotgun back"
*Demo Shotgun on Elite VIP*
AND FRAGS

And for those who do like to snipe, but want to have Mid-Close range capabilities, You have the AR-15, Which can, and has on multiple personal cases, Outgunned AEKs.
Also the Sidearms aren't the dogshit M1911 anymore.

Also, VIP is going to work similarly to how it works on DRP, Where it's not just giving you classes, but other perks alongisde it.
So no, VIP isn't going to solely give you classes, So you're not being shafted, The Appeal is the whole bundle, not only the classes.

1 minute ago, Homast said:

What's the 1 thing that everyone who has played army has said?
"Give us the Demo Shotgun back"
*Demo Shotgun on Elite VIP*
AND FRAGS

Yea but these are fixes for the bases classes not something that we should have to pay for?? you know this

4 minutes ago, Homast said:

Which can, and has on multiple personal cases, Outgunned AEKs.
Also the Sidearms aren't the dogshit M1911 anymore.

Your personal cases are exceptions not facts. The AR15 is bad for a reason, it is the first gun you get for free.

13 minutes ago, Doof123 said:

Your personal cases are exceptions not facts. The AR15 is bad for a reason, it is the first gun you get for free. <---- (not true)

This is a suggestion focused on community opinion of implementation. The weapons and accessories are all up for change most likely. If you dislike something in the suggestion point it out and suggest something to fit in it's place. Complaining about it being unfair or bad and not actually coming up with a solution to what could be used instead does nothing beneficial for the thread.

In the end, donations are donations. Obviously people aren't just donating to support to the server to support it (some do), but to get the item the donation gives to the player. It has always been subject to change and the donation store has had a fair amount of swaps and changes of guns, classes, and models, etc. Really, I'm assuming this is more about people getting onboard with the idea and system for how this works. 2 classes for each faction that goes with each of the VIP tiers. That's the main goal to focus on right now.

1 hour ago, Doof123 said:

Im saying that locking classes behind tryouts is dumb because ya pay the same price. simple. Solution is: just dont do that

The class itself is not a tryout lol. VIP/ELITE works like this:
- You buy the package, and each faction has a class that goes with the respective perk you buy (if you buy elite you have access to both package classes)
- You can only access classes you have a whitelist for in the respective faction, I.E you cannot play on a PDSS VIP class if you're not in PDSS. You can't play on Vega VIP class if you are not in Vega. You have to actually be inside of the faction to play those classes.

That's what it means by the classes are "locked behind a tryout". It's a pretty fair system that is already on SWRP. 

This system allows for each faction to offer something for the VIP/ELITE players in that respective faction without making just one big class/multiple random donor jobs . It also makes it so those jobs can have small cap limits on them to make them reasonable. 

• Informative 1
  • Agree 2
32 minutes ago, Doof123 said:

The AR15 is bad

That gun, along with what used to be the Marine M16 are headshot machines. Take it from any officer when I was enlisted in Marines, I didn't donate until I was like a SgtMaj which was months into my time playing and I thought the M16 was severely underrated as the accuracy on it is nuts. Not to sure on the AR15, but using it, it does feel about the same. Ranger literally have a worse rifle than yours and they don't seem to talk about that 24/7.

51 minutes ago, Doof123 said:

If you asked anyone in a SOC why they joined. Fuckin 0% of them would say the ShiNiEsT ToYS this is a severe generalization of the SOC Population

I find it is either this or it is for dedication and liking leadership, or maybe feeling they have to chance to take leadership. To say none of them would join for better weaponry and better looking models is completely wrong. There were three people in DEVGRU who heard rumors or felt they themselves could get better models and better weapons. When it didn't happen after a while they left the faction at the same time D Rose did. I've never heard of anyone joining a faction for "clout". They join for the current leader, better things, or the thought of them being able to become the leader in the future.

• Agree 2
1 minute ago, Tayler said:

This system allows for each faction to offer something for the VIP/ELITE players in that respective faction without making just one big class/multiple random donor jobs . It also makes it so those jobs can have small cap limits on them to make them reasonable. 

This is a very professional comment and i agree with many of the statements. Overall the main problem i see with it is the innate value of the classes. I have no problem with each faction getting its own set of VIP classes because that sou ds pretty bad-ass. but the value differences might dissuade many from purchasing VIP. I just think that the value of the class should be similar at the very least.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Doof123 said:

If you asked anyone in a SOC why they joined. Fuckin 0% of them would say the ShiNiEsT ToYS.

Simply not true. Maybe not everyone joins them for the weapons, but if I was to join Vega for example, it's definitely to use the AS-VAL.

Not only that, but given the fact that the base faction whitelists are just a /quiz away, literally anyone can have access to the base faction VIP classes. As it is, I don't feel like base faction should have access to grenades due to behavioral issues, but thats a point for another thread. 

6 hours ago, Doof123 said:

but the value differences might dissuade many from purchasing VIP.

If the base faction VIP classes aren't something they are interested in, then they can always try out for an SOC and purchase those classes.  Some people might enjoy playing on a fresh player model, and having access to both a sniper and an AR at the same time. Older players that already have m14 might not have much use for it, but I have a feeling the classes for base factions being added would be good for newer players.