DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Hammer... we meet again

• The Garnut
13 minutes ago, PrisonNightmare said:

Goodluck, I imagine that style of map is the hardest to make for MilitaryRP. I bet you can pull it off though, it'll be a bitch to do but I bet it'd be a cool map.

How are you planning on implementing bases within an urban warfare combat area?

Hey man, so yeah, it'll be a pain in the ass to design a layout, and it'll probably be changed 50 times because it'll be more along-side the style of RP_Downtown, otherwise players would get 5 fps. Bases would be a cluster of concrete structures in the city that were fenced off OR simply bring it underground, which i'm a fan of.

14 minutes ago, Garnet said:

Hey man, so yeah, it'll be a pain in the ass to design a layout, and it'll probably be changed 50 times because it'll be more along-side the style of RP_Downtown, otherwise players would get 5 fps. Bases would be a cluster of concrete structures in the city that were fenced off OR simply bring it underground, which i'm a fan of.

Yea having portions of the city be walled off with impromptu fencing/barbed wire for bases would be a really cool idea, I like the idea of having the bases "overtake" portions of the city and repurpose those areas for a forward operating base. You could also probably do a lot with "repurposing" civilian structures into militaristic structures or something. Although depending on how big you want the map to be, this could be a little much if you're trying to keep it the size of RP_Downtown.

Having the bases underground could also be cool, but idk if it'd make much sense for them to be underground in an urban warfare zone like that. It also could hinder raiding depending on how the bases are done, you could add like "Backdoors" similar to how Delta had tunnels leading into each base to counteract that though, that'd be pretty cool.

Good luck, can't wait to see how it turns out!

• The Garnut

@AwesomeAidan@D_Rose, @Ting, and @Homast (tagging you guys because I talk to you most - whether be for good or bad reasons *cough* ting*coughcouighcoughsdasds* I would love if you guys went ahead and asked a couple of your buddies what you would like to see, and possibly help me in laying down a design you'd be happy with for this map 😮 so far, my plan (and it's very dumbed down) goes like so:

I came up with it roughly when I started mapping, to allow for ALOT of things to do, and many different transportation routes between events, while accounting for optimization.

81o83oT.png

Please ignore the fact that this is in paint, there's not a whole lot I can do when it comes to this, and it gets the job done LOL

• Informative 4
  • The Garnut
Just now, ZachDeviluke said:

This honestly looks really fucking cool and I hope that it happens, I feel like this would spice up the server so much and bring more ppl, but also don't stress yourself garnet take ya time with it

I'm really not stressing myself with it, haven't mapped in a very long time now because I genuinely haven't had the time between all that updates, and it's refreshing.

Just now, Zephyr said:

I would'nt go for an underground base for russia for raids ETC but id also like to see how that works.

Underground with some passages to get inside other than the front gate would probably be the best way to go if we wanted the biggest bases imaginable and most detail/optimization. I can literally just make people go down a passage underground, and render the rest of the map out LOL

Just now, Garnet said:

Underground with some passages to get inside other than the front gate would probably be the best way to go if we wanted the biggest bases imaginable and most detail/optimization. I can literally just make people go down a passage underground, and render the rest of the map out LOL

Like a CS Desert style base would be nice?

1 minute ago, Zephyr said:

I would'nt go for an underground base for russia for raids ETC but id also like to see how that works.

Well, It's a change of pace, Breach and clearing doors to raid instead of just throwing a nade and being like "Omegalul feed"
Brings a tactical feeling to it instead of just spraying down the open.

Garnet, What exactly would a "Passage" be?
Would it be like, an indoors tunnel type thing? or a open path?

I feel like this map would be a ton of fun, although a couple /suggestions?/ I have would be to try to make the RU base half underground half not, sort of like a CS desert like thing. And if the pathways you have to be able to get to objs were closed in, we could beta test it to see if they're too easy for choke points. 

Good shit tho my dude, keep kicking ass.

• The Garnut
Just now, Zephyr said:

Like a CS Desert style base would be nice?

I will put CSCDesert to shame. I've never went full-out on a map like this.

Just now, Homast said:

Well, It's a change of pace, Breach and clearing doors to raid instead of just throwing a nade and being like "Omegalul feed"
Brings a tactical feeling to it instead of just spraying down the open.

And this is why I love you. 300 IQ

Just now, Homast said:

Garnet, What exactly would a "Passage" be?

Really any walkable path that would lead to the other side, it could be rubbled where the wall got blown up, a simple walk-through tunnel. Can be alot of things, but at the end of the day, the map will be composed of multiple zones encompassed by a wall (like darkrp's downtown) and passages will serve as a shortcut which doesn't exist in downtown.

1 minute ago, Copywrite Infragment™ said:

I feel like this map would be a ton of fun, although a couple /suggestions?/ I have would be to try to make the RU base half underground half not, sort of like a CS desert like thing. And if the pathways you have to be able to get to objs were closed in, we could beta test it to see if they're too easy for choke points. 

There would be no way to acoomplish it any other way, we would need a couple buildings on the surface, with one building that would bring you underground. I'd love to try and implement it in a "REALISTIC" way but it's not really realistic to just have a full blown military base under a city, but fuck it. The idea is to have each objective with 4-8 entry points per side. Alot of tactical play will be involved in this one.

• Like 2
  • Winner 1
1 minute ago, Garnet said:

I will put CSCDesert to shame. I've never went full-out on a map like this.

And this is why I love you. 300 IQ

Really any walkable path that would lead to the other side, it could be rubbled where the wall got blown up, a simple walk-through tunnel. Can be alot of things, but at the end of the day, the map will be composed of multiple zones encompassed by a wall (like darkrp's downtown) and passages will serve as a shortcut which doesn't exist in downtown.

There would be no way to acoomplish it any other way, we would need a couple buildings on the surface, with one building that would bring you underground. I'd love to try and implement it in a "REALISTIC" way but it's not really realistic to just have a full blown military base under a city, but fuck it. The idea is to have each objective with 4-8 entry points per side. Alot of tactical play will be involved in this one.

I literally love everything you are saying right now! Theres alot of us talking in TS right now about this very idea/concept you are bringing to life and we can't wait to see more!!! ❤️

• The Garnut
Just now, Zephyr said:

I literally love everything you are saying right now! Theres alot of us talking in TS right now about this very idea/concept you are bringing to life and we can't wait to see more!!! ❤️

Well, it'd definitely be helpful if you read my post above. I need some help in designing a layout players would be happy with, and if people in the community contributed to a blueprint, I could knock out this map alot sooner.