Sphynxx - Moderator Application

In-game name: Sphynxx

SteamID : STEAM_0:0:100555525

Warns: One 😞 for rdm. I was joking around with a 12 year old and he got serious and reported me 😞 Other than that I've been fairly chill 🙂 

Timezone: Eastern Daylight Time 

Playtime?:    752:22:42

Do you have access to TeamSpeak and a microphone?: Yes

Do you have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos?: Yes

Referral(s): Grace, Mike Steele, AjBedHeadFubar,

Past experiences as staff: I was Garnet staff (Dark RP) 2 times dating as far back as 2016-2017

Why should we choose you over other applicants? 

I've been with the server for a lot of its span. I originally joined back around 2016 and I've always found myself coming back to it whenever I have the time for it. Without sounding cheesy the server holds sentimental value to me, and I treasure the players in it. I personally go out of my way to help new players get adjusted by explaining the best way to start off, and give around 100K  to help them get started. I do like raiding and building bases but it's more for my party whether we start farming printers or to just have fun. I was more hooked into this server by the connections and people I've met and as a staff I can take more actions to ensure this is still the safe and fun server I've learned to love. I have a significant playtime and through that time I've learned all the clever ways people minge and exploit rules. From my prior experiences I can use my best judgment to enforce the server rules and help out new people looking for a new server to join.

Unlike before, when I was mod, I have a much significant increase of time to put into being a mod. Finishing my junior year of high school, I got a near perfect SAT grade, and finished 3 ap's meaning I now have a lot of free time. If Senior year concerns you, I'm happy to say that I only have one ap class and overall it should be a very stress-free year (as I've taken the liberty to start with college applications right now). Before writing this application I tried to establish myself within the community and found old and new friends. Like before, I've helped out new players and had a great time creating and/or being in groups. In summary, the reason why I would make a great addition to the staff roster is due to my amount of free time, my experience, my name in the community, and overall the fact that I genuinley do enjoy being a staff member. To address the former times I was mod, I was just starting out high school and then some and overall it was very stressful and I had no time after the summer. As of right now I'm well-adjusted and I would be thrilled if I can become a mod once more. Thank you for taking this into consideration 🙂 

Edit: I was asked to tell a bit about myself and how I’d be able to handle sits and act as an overall mod, so I’d love to answer that 🙂 Personally I try to be as unbiased as possible but I would be lying if o were to say I’m not unbiased. From my past experiences of being mod I had a more bias to people who weren’t screaming or angry. I would never end a sit without hearing both sides, or act purely act out on what I desire. I like to hear both sides of the story and get evidence of needed (in the case of whether or not someone was building and their sign and whatnot).  I liked it more when I could talk to the person in a calm and reasonable fashion, since I could find out their mindset and if it was someone who wasn’t aquatinted with the rules I would let them of with a warn (with the other third party agreeing to those terms). I’d say the reason for always trying to find out both sides of the story is not only because I want to keep things professional, but also to me just being a sociable person. I just like talking to people and learning about them. I kept every sit professional but also interesting. I’d say I would provide a calm environment due to my experiences as a mod and overall my personality.  All the years playing on garnet helped evaluate the situations from all sides and help understand the situation (whatever it may be) with better understanding. I’d also like to respond to the assumption that I’m only basing with new comers and change it to basing with fun and interesting people 🙂 I’ve based with Minxx multiple times and AjBedHead and overall just a lot of people. I try to understand the whole community and overall just make sure everyone’s chilling (if that makes sense). Again thank you all for reading over my applications and I would love to answer and questions you may have 🙂

Have you ever been banned or punished on any server?  I have no bans/warns 🙂 

Have you made any previous applications, If so when?: Long ago, one was 2 years ago, and then some around 3 or 4 years ago.

How much time do you have to contribute to the role?: Around 12 hours a day. Early morning and midday especially due to online school and barely any homework due to being in 3 AP classes.

If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Garry's Mod?  Org chem, listening to music, mathematics, and  neuroscience.

Did you read the staff rules?:  Sphynxx

Edited by Sphynxx
  • Like 1
  • 300 IQ 1

+1 When I made my first criticism I expected a small change in the paragraphs. Instead, I was given a whole different paragraph about how he will be beneficial to the team. Seeing this effort shows that he is definitely fit for the team and deserves a shot! Good luck! 

Edited by Theta2
  • Like 1

+1

Has a great amount of hours with no bans or current warns 

Plenty of previous Garnet staff experience

Excellent paragraphs that highlight why he should be staff again

I remember only positive interactions back from when we played around the same time,  good luck on getting accepted!

• Like 3
  • Forums Moderator

Past experience as staff, strong paragraphs and knows the rules very well. I think you'd fit in great as a staff member. Would be happy to see you on the team. 

+1

Edited by eli_
  • Like 1
13 minutes ago, Theta2 said:

-1, Wasn’t really sure if i should -1 this because yes your paragraphs are big n juicy but as I’m reading this I can’t really see how u will be a benefit besides the fact that u base with newbies, give them money (Which is something you can do as a user), and also being very active. If you could edit your paragraphs to tell me more about your personality and how you would be able to handle sits easy then I can change to a +1 (unless if I missed it somewhere in your paragraphs) Good luck!

Ty broski for the questions 😎 I updated my staff app. Hopefully it answers the questions you raised :))

6 minutes ago, eli_ said:

The only experience I've had with you:

I was being Terminator and it was a lockdown, I started arresting people and he was there, I ran at him and before being wanted, he capped me in the forehead with a double barrel BEFORE being wanted. I didn't report cause I legit play to have fun and don't report anymore. It shows you're not too careful when it comes to RP situations. Also, the server has changed a ton since the last time you were staff. I'd recommend becoming more familiar with the new way of life on the server. Good luck man.

Ty broski and honestly I’m very sorry. I honestly don’t remember what I was doing in that timeframe, but I have been doing a lot of raids and you may have happened to be around me during it. Maybe it was a misclick but whatever the reason is I’m sorry broski, I’ll be a bit more attentive next time :))

• Forums Moderator
4 minutes ago, Sphynxx said:

Ty broski and honestly I’m very sorry. I honestly don’t remember what I was doing in that timeframe, but I have been doing a lot of raids and you may have happened to be around me during it. Maybe it was a misclick but whatever the reason is I’m sorry broski, I’ll be a bit more attentive next time :))

All good man. You seem like a really cool guy and I'd love to see you on the staff team. I'd recommend just waiting a few more days until you re apply 🙂

• Like 1

+1 
Looks like a very good app. You would be a great addition to the staff team again, good luck.

1 hour ago, eli_ said:

The only experience I've had with you:

I was being Terminator and it was a lockdown, I started arresting people and he was there, I ran at him and before being wanted, he capped me in the forehead with a double barrel BEFORE being wanted. I didn't report cause I legit play to have fun and don't report anymore. It shows you're not too careful when it comes to RP situations. Also, the server has changed a ton since the last time you were staff. I'd recommend becoming more familiar with the new way of life on the server. Good luck man.

I believe if you were making an attempt to actively arrest him, he was in the right to kill you. 

(Higher up told me a player can kill civil protection without being wanted if they are actively trying to arrest them)

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Forums Moderator
12 minutes ago, JC said:

+1 
Looks like a very good app. You would be a great addition to the staff team again, good luck.

I believe if you were making an attempt to actively arrest him, he was in the right to kill you. 

(Higher up told me a player can kill civil protection without being wanted if they are actively trying to arrest them)

Alright nevermind then I guess I was wrong? May be a new rule or I'm just stupid. My bad guys. I'll change my response then @Sphynxx 🙂

Edited by eli_
Ig im dumb
  • Like 1
11 minutes ago, eli_ said:

Nope. They have to be wanted and running at you with an arrest baton in order to kill them. Whoever told you that is incorrect.

Thought so too. I'll make sure to tell the staff member, thanks. 

Apparently, it is allowed.

Edited by JC
  • Like 1

+1 Great dude who helped me gain lots of money some time ago. Even though I was somewhat new to the server and not affiliated with anyone big on DRP, he looked out for me and showed me the ropes. Now I'm making bank on the server. A very trustful, loyal, non-toxic, and fun dude to be around. He'd be great for staff.