CROWBAR RULE

Description: [description of what you are suggesting, one paragraph minimum]  Add a rule agaisnt crowbar spamming on any metal like surface its so annoying and can be hear through most of the map and is annoying in sits

Reasoning: [how would this benefit our server?] when someone gets crowbar and spams it on metal everyone hears it i think it would be nicer without hearing it

Additional Information: [Photos/Videos][/CODE] nah

Edited by MeLikeFood
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 5
Guest proggy

I would argue it already falls under these rules:

• Do not harass, grief, or troll players of the community.
  • Do not spam
    • Example: OOC, Advert, Job, Voice, etc.

I would not be opposed to adding a rule that specifically targets spamming crowbars against walls/props though. 

It's worse than someone micspamming ear-rape, because the radius of the sound is much further. At least a micspammer could be muted locally by each individual player or muted globally by a staff.

If staff don't step in to stop them, the only option a player has currently to deal with someone spamming a crowbar is turning their gmod volume to 0.

44 minutes ago, proggy said:

• Do not spam

I would not be opposed to adding a rule that specifically targets spamming crowbars against walls/props though. 

It's worse than someone micspamming ear-rape, because the radius of the sound is much further. At least a micspammer could be muted locally by each individual player or muted globally by a staff.

If staff don't step in to stop them, the only option a player has currently to deal with someone spamming a crowbar is turning their gmod volume to 0.

The way its dealt with in MRP is they would receive a FailRP warn after being told to stop

8 hours ago, proggy said:

• Do not spam

I agree with Proggy its already a rule so people will get warned anyway when they do it 

-1 why are we making the hobo job useless? I suppose the hobo job was supposed to annoy society basically for money or just to annoy.  Like hell I'm sure a hobo can get a lot of money doing that.  

In my opinion as long as the hobo is listening to rules,not murdering people and not like doing anything rule-breaking he should be able to do anything to get money. That's including repeatedly hitting a metal prop for money which is probably a great way to get money as it's going to annoy people. And as people get annoyed they're going to give that money away.  

Something interesting 

Why not make it to where cops can arrest for this? I mean if we want to make things realistic if someone comes throwing shit at my house and won't stop. Usually You call the cops, why not make it to where maybe eventually this can get coded into a report system for the cops. But for now players can just PM a cops basically calling 911 asking for assistance.

Edited by OpTic Gunner
10 hours ago, OpTic Gunner said:

Why not make it to where cops can arrest for this? I mean if we want to make things realistic if someone comes throwing shit at my house and won't stop. Usually You call the cops, why not make it to where maybe eventually this can get coded into a report system for the cops. But for now players can just PM a cops basically calling 911 asking for assistance.

That idea sounds nice the only reason i thought of this to begin with is you hear it on sit roofs to so if we allow we would need some way to stop outside noise from going into sit roofs

1 hour ago, MeLikeFood said:

That idea sounds nice the only reason i thought of this to begin with is you hear it on sit roofs to so if we allow we would need some way to stop outside noise from going into sit roofs

It doesn't even take that long to move to another sit roof, 

12 hours ago, OpTic Gunner said:

-1 why are we making the hobo job useless? I suppose the hobo job was supposed to annoy society basically for money or just to annoy.  Like hell I'm sure a hobo can get a lot of money doing that.  

In my opinion as long as the hobo is listening to rules,not murdering people and not like doing anything rule-breaking he should be able to do anything to get money. That's including repeatedly hitting a metal prop for money which is probably a great way to get money as it's going to annoy people. And as people get annoyed they're going to give that money away.  

Something interesting 

not just hobos can get the crowbar, eg /credits

44 minutes ago, D Δ TONEDE Δ DDUCK said:

Could just restrict it to hobos then, just like mic spamming.

13 hours ago, OpTic Gunner said:

-1 why are we making the hobo job useless?

I think you guys are missing the points, 

"6e60f63203e748d28565f28bf3c1fe10.png"

There's a difference between using a hobos job to micspam to make people angry and a hobo or a player spamming a crowbar. Micspam can be muted client side using tab at any time and has a small radius and can be muted globally for a while if they use this micspam to interrupt active sits. This is where the crowbar issue is, someone can sit right outside of spawn in a completely closed off box (as hobos cannot have keypads but are allowed fading doors) and spam a crowbar on a metal object which causes the sound to reverberate around half of the map. This sound can't be muted client side or globally and forces any active reports in that half of the map to type, especially with the recent Garry's Mod update, though some mics in game sound better many people have been having issues with people being too quiet, and having a metal bang in your ear twice every second doesn't exactly help that problem. 

1 hour ago, OpTic Gunner said:

It doesn't even take that long to move to another sit roof, 

A good amount of the sit roofs on the map are in the massive radius of where the crowbar spamming normally takes place and when you have multiple staff online taking reports when they're at their peak, not every roof is available.  Someone will still have to deal with the noise. 

As Proggy already said, this should just fall under this rule and doesn't really need a suggestion, but I thought I'd explain why this is an actual issue. 

0004edec582951a36ee4151c255e3955.png

Edited by Toucan
  • Like 1
15 minutes ago, Toucan said:

I think you guys are missing the points, 

"6e60f63203e748d28565f28bf3c1fe10.png"

There's a difference between using a hobos job to micspam to make people angry and a hobo or a player spamming a crowbar. Micspam can be muted client side using tab at any time and has a small radius and can be muted globally for a while if they use this micspam to interrupt active sits. This is where the crowbar issue is, someone can sit right outside of spawn in a completely closed off box (as hobos cannot have keypads but are allowed fading doors) and spam a crowbar on a metal object which causes the sound to reverberate around half of the map. This sound can't be muted client side or globally and forces any active reports in that half of the map to type, especially with the recent Garry's Mod update, though some mics in game sound better many people have been having issues with people being too quiet, and having a metal bang in your ear twice every second doesn't exactly help that problem. 

A good amount of the sit roofs on the map are in the massive radius of where the crowbar spamming normally takes place and when you have multiple staff online taking reports when they're at their peak, not every roof is available.  Someone will still have to deal with the noise. 

As Proggy already said, this should just fall under this rule and doesn't really need a suggestion, but I thought I'd explain why this is an actual issue. 

0004edec582951a36ee4151c255e3955.png

I mean, I can confidently say I've never had the issue of crowbar spamming being too loud for me, as you can adjust voice volume and the game volume in gmod itself (or steam voice settings, something like that) I have more issues of TS being too loud and not being able to hear anyone, over crowbar spamming. I've had more times where a hobo throwing boots and spamming: "I'LL FUCKING RAPE YOU!" be more of a problem than crowbars. Maybe its just me, but that's my personal experience and I suppose I've never had any issues with crowbar spamming tbh.

31 minutes ago, D Δ TONEDE Δ DDUCK said:

I mean, I can confidently say I've never had the issue of crowbar spamming being too loud for me

31 minutes ago, D Δ TONEDE Δ DDUCK said:

I suppose I've never had any issues with crowbar spamming tbh.

You may not see it often or may not see it as bad but the recent occurrence that caused this suggestion to be made was seen as an issue by not just staff or the people who made this suggestion, there were reports, people attempting to kill the guy inside the hut, people complaining in ooc, and people even trying to warrant the hut just to get in and kill the one doing this. I think it's safe to say people most definitely had issues with this.

35 minutes ago, D Δ TONEDE Δ DDUCK said:

as you can adjust voice volume and the game volume in gmod itself

We shouldn't force people to turn down their game volume just so they don't have to here that damned *Clang Clang* every second, and voice problem as I stated has it's issues, some people are not only too quiet, some people are insanely loud for some reason. There shouldn't be any reason that this server forces anyone to change their normal volumes.

37 minutes ago, D Δ TONEDE Δ DDUCK said:

I've had more times where a hobo throwing boots and spamming: "I'LL FUCKING RAPE YOU!"

The hobo swep's voice lines have a cooldown of atleast a few seconds and their range isn't nearly as huge as a crowbar hit.

• Agree 1