In-game name: lewis

SteamID : STEAM_0:0:196276070

Warns: 0 

Timezone: BST (GMT+1)

Playtime?: lewis has played for 95:46:52

Do you have access to TeamSpeak and a microphone?: Yes

Do you have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos?: Yes

Referral(s):  - 

Past experiences as staff:  Anexis Gaming Moderator | Zarp Gaming Moderator | Superior Severs Moderator

Why should we choose you over other applicants? 

Experience + Knowledge

I have over 4200 hours in Garry's Mod and i'd estimate that 75%+ of those hours are in DarkRP servers. I am an experienced staff member and my superiors on previous staff teams have always been satisfied with my performance as a staff member. I have without a doubt taken over 2000 sits in my time as a staff member on other servers and personally feel that i have completed all sits to a good standard. Aside from staffing i believe i have great knowledge of Garry's Mod as a game so if users are facing any issues regarding FPS drops, missing textures etc i feel like i would have a good idea on how to help them. 

My Qualities

I believe i act very mature in game, i never minge but i am willing to have fun from time to time with other players and not take the game too seriously. I also see myself as a very good listener, in sits i will hear out both sides of the story and make a fair judgement on the users, such as not directly punishing a player just because of their lack of knowledge in DarkRP, it is more important to educate these players first instead of directly punishing them as it will keep them interested in the server and therefore the player base will stay up making the server more fun for everybody. I am also very dedicated, since joining the server i have been committed  to achieving level 60 and in under 85 hours i managed to achieve it  with help from some friends i have made on the server so far.

Dedication To Staffing Duties

When i play garnet i spend a good portion ( around 60% ) of my time semi AFK basing with my gang, therefore this time will allow me to put my full attention into staffing. Also with the current state of the pandemic of the UK i have little to do besides college therefore most of my time is going into Garnet, also the upcoming summer holiday in the UK means that i will be able to stay very active over the next few month.  I also believe that staffing is essential to maintaining a server and its community and therefore i will put my all into staffing in order to keep garnet as one of the top servers on DarkRP.

Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? Yes, i've been playing gmod since i was 13 so as expected i have done my fair share of rule breaking however i am past that phase in my life now.

Have you made any previous applications, If so when?:  -

How much time do you have to contribute to the role: Due to the current pandemic and not being allowed out in the UK garnet is what i'm spending almost all my free time on. Currently i'd estimate i'm playing 8+ hours per day at a minimum and that will continue for the foreseeable future.

If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Garry's Mod?  Usually i like to go out and chill with my friends and just do general teenager things, i also go to college where i am studying 3 subjects one being Computer Science. I also like to watch football ( soccer for you americans ) and simp over girls who don't know i exist.

Did you read the staff rules?: lewis

Edited by lewis
Fixed playtime
  • Like 3
  • Winner 1
  • Disagree 1

+1

I've known lewis for about a week or two and he's been a very mature and respectable person. I've seen him help new players, and he's always been a calm and collected person. I've also never seen him minge, troll, or go out of his way to start shit in OOC or otherwise.

In addition he's been active literally every single day I've been on since I've met him (I'M on for a minimum 5/7 days of the week...), and his sections for why he should be chosen are clearly well thought out. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Yacoba said:

spacer.png

This staff application is not the place to put screenshots of a discord conversation as it's not only irrelevant to the app but it's clear people are faking quotes so I find this hard to believe.

• Agree 1
Just now, Zachman said:

@lewis

I'm sorry that your app that you put time and effort into got overtaken with toxicity and shitposting, i hope you do get accepted 

it's okay, they're my IRL friends who know i play on here and are clearly not as mature as myself and just seem to enjoy being toxic and trying to ruin something i enjoy.

• Sad 5
2 minutes ago, lewis said:

IRL friends

They don’t seem like their your friends if they’re trying to ruin something you genuinely enjoy doing.

+1 I like your app and the community is giving you positive feedback good luck

@eXg-Buddha Any way you can ban these guys?

Edited by horsegarrysmod
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2
6 minutes ago, ShankNinja said:

This staff application is not the place to put screenshots of a discord conversation as it's not only irrelevant to the app but it's clear people are faking quotes so I find this hard to believe.

I get what you're trying to say but it's like telling and newborn how to drive a car No need for this comment.

5 minutes ago, Zachman said:

@lewis

I'm sorry that your app that you put time and effort into got overtaken with toxicity and shitposting, i hope you do get accepted 

Again I don't understand why you're trying to fuel a wildfire, If you have something to say that's not related to giving a  positive or negative support, gorgeous making a necessary comment, or just a necessary comment on the application . If you want to say something like this take it to the PMs You're just as bad as them if you're doing this.

+1 

Good application You seem dedicated for it and I see no issue with giving you a shot sounds like you have a lot of good positive reputation on the server.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

Beautiful app, seen you plenty times in game in the last week and you seem like a good guy so far. I do think personally you would make a great fit in the staff team. +1

(I do apologies for all the toxicity you have received on this app, don't let it agitate you.  If you do get accepted,  send me a message,  and I would love to train you .)

Edited by DiegoZavier
  • Like 1
Guest proggy

Accepted

Welcome to the team!

You have a great app, a clean record, & a good portion of our staff want to give you a shot.

I'll give you your in-game rank when I see you. PM me in TeamSpeak to receive your servergroups.

Once you have your rank please don't use any staff commands or go on duty until you have been trained by and L.Mod+.

P.S. I want to apologize for the negative comments on your application.

I'm currently on an inverted sleep schedule and I was sleeping while they were commenting. Thankfully @AwesomeAidan banned them. I hid their posts once I saw what happened.