Warns: N/A
Timezone: EST
Playtime?: 167:15:00.
Do you have access to TeamSpeak and a microphone?: [YES/NO] Yes
Do you have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos?:[YES/NO] Yes
Referral(s): [What administrator recommended you to apply?] N/A
Past experiences as a Game Master: [Optional] N/A
Why should we choose you over other applicants? [minimum 2 paragraphs]

I do have a decent amount of knowledge of the star wars lore., mostly legends right now as Disney star wars is just a fanfic to me. I have attempted to study more of the clone wars lore during this time to attempt to give idea's to GM's while playing but they tend to be more hit or miss depending on the situation. I have been playing the current star wars server since it was opened, with a direct focus on Jedi rather then clone rp out of preference to the unique place it has. I do have a decent understanding of story telling, however I also know when its best to play at a more simple event dependent on the mood of the current server. I have made mistakes during my RP, I won't deny that. However overall I do try to learn from them the best  I can.

The roles of the various battalions and the Jedi on the server can be moved like chess pieces, however one must understand unlike inanimate objects, these are people and you must keep them entertained. Which I believe I do have the ability to aid in. I do have heavy experience in MRP, which some does transfer. However having a pure MRP mindset can be detrimental, and I have been adapting it the best to my ability.
Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, Include details N/A
How much time do you have to contribute to the role?: Currently I do have plenty of time, I have been on for roughly 5 to 6 hours a day. This will most likely change when the rona slows down, and I can fully get set into my position on the department.

In your own words, what  are the responsibilities of a Gamemaster?: Entertainment. That's the role of any game, SWRP is a scifi fantasy. You make sure that you have a crafted event specific to how many people on, location, characters involved, the arc of the story you are trying to present to the players on the server. Saying they are RPing wrong is one thing, however individuals have consequences to their actions  which I would push along. Understanding how peoples choices impact that story. If you can't adapt it because of something an individual clone did, you have a problem. I'm a heavy believer in rp punishments then anything else. An example being clones set charges and stand underneath the object they are destroying they would face character consequences. Like being removed from the battle for a portion of time or in much more serious situations, PKed. I myself have played in this was and suffered the consequences and understood them.

Describe how you would contribute to RP as a part of the Gamemaster team: I would focus on simple events at first to get my feet wet, and guide the people who are involved the best to my ability. I have a few ideas but I need the experience before I push them . I can keep a cool head and have a lot of patience for stupid decisions. I can handle myself under pressure with ease.

Explain your single most creative idea for contributing to the RP environment of the server: I have had other people tell me this idea is to outlandish but I think It can work pretty well. A venator rp involving the usage of Mercenary's/Pirates. I would like to execute it, but I would need to run the details to the current SA on them to make sure it can fly for the most part.

Please list and explain 5 unique event ideas of any scale: [Be sure to include any additional context that may be necessary to your explanation]

As stated in the most creative idea the usage of a form of pirates. Droids are fun to shoot, but sometimes things might need a deviation from the normal that players are used to. I like passive rp, but this is a mostly "DumbRP" situation. We receive a distress signal from a ship, and we go to investigate. However its an ambush by several pirate ships. With usage of human models, they board the ship from multiple places requiring the battalions to split in squads. The target of the pirates are one of the Jedi on board the ship, and if things don't play out correctly, it would result in consequences to the players on board.

An on world event, for when there are less players. CIS have fabricated or obtained a LAAT from a previous conflict and land on base, with no clones the wiser until the doors open with players as commandos. The goal being to destroy the shield generator  and the vehicles on base. If they succeed clones can't use any vehicles for the follow up event listed underneath this.

The CIS from the following mission are stationed in village, they only group that hasn't evacuated at a family with 7 children. The objectives would be retake the village and secure the the civilians. We would send in the best suited unit to rescue the people, which would depend on the situation. Examples being commandos best case, Jedi, ARC, or 104th. Worst case a unit which has to place in recover such as 327th. Which would allow the attack unit to be able to push in. No usage of explosives. Only blasters, and sonic grenades(which aren't present on the server currently). Failure results in the family being killed, the recovery unit being killed, or both. Which would result in RP consequences.  

For off world there needs to be a lead up to it. In lore the CIS have the Bulwark Fleet against the republic on Anaxes, which this plays into. The capture of one of the tactical droids during a battle against this enemy would lead to the knowledge of a preemptive strike on the planet Kashyyyk. The battle on world would be simple, 2 ships attacking an unset objective on the map, and a company of droids led by a CPT ranked tact droid. After the capture of the droid we would have the knowledge of the attack, and alert the republic stationed closest to the location. (I don't believe we are sending clones in role play back and forth). General Grevious is leading the attack on the on planet, however he meets much heavier resistance then expected as we have the clones units prepared. This doesn't start as an assault from the clones. Only a defensive operation. We do have usage of lore Jedi now, and dependent on the players on one to two would be selected to play as them during the event and would remain on their normal characters for the battle. 

I understand the passive RP in these situations are light, I approach things rather simply and believe I need more experience with working with others when it comes to passive RP. Someone like Bishop or Phantom are much more skilled in it then I am. I also understand that the first event I listed was made fun of, but I do think it could work and would rather try it, then give up on it.

• Like 1
  • Spicy 1
  • Agree 1

This man is definitely capable of being GM, he might have his moments, but he's definitely shaped up.  We kinda need more GM's. Personally my only problem I can see with Dillan and being a GM is consistent activity, however he's been active this week and I expect it to continue. +1 from me.

+1 Wtf, is this even a question dillan has been one of the most dedicated members to garnet gaming and I believe he is 100% capable of being a gamemaster. Despite the miscommunication from that one event where Dillan released us early which is a mistake everyone could of made I trust him to be a GM.

• Community Director

+1 - I don't know if GMs can be a referral, but throw me down as one. Like bortnik said you have your moments sometimes, but hey that's Dillan - I know you can assist the GM team in numerous ways. You're dedicated to the server and the community, so I know you'll be a good fit. Just cut @bishopil some slack. I look forward to seeing manhack events. 

• The Garnut

Accepted

I'm going to make an exception and set you directly to Gamemaster due to the current circumstances with GMs not showing an initiative to host larger event on their own. I will be able to train you and @Alex Conway on how to utilize your new permissions tonight (midnight 12pm EST).

• Like 1