My views on MRP issues and how can we fix them?

Vizii

Hello everyone, I have comeback to MRP as of late to see what is going on because I wanted to say hello to some old friends. But seeing the obvious unbalance between both RU and US I feel as if I should come back fully to shed some light and help others reforms the balance and bring life back into the server. 

So, One of the main things within the server that caught my eye that has sort of bugged me is the incentive to help base factions. I am going to be flat honest with you all because if there is no fluency within the officers and staff you wont get anywhere. Allow me to start with the 11B officers. I spoke with a few officers and member within SOC and heard mostly bad things about the 11B officers. Which is a bad things since the purge of 1MD and 11B. A lot of the issues that were stated was officer inactivity. This is an issue because there are people that get on everyday within the faction and hope that their higher ups get on to support them in wars. Which is quite crucial to the success of the US. Now, A Lot of these issues fall under the generals within 11B. @Duglas From what I hear, your generals don't seem to have any push to get on an practice, get along and overall just get on as a whole. I also heard that you really have one good officer being mike splintz. I think you should be checked a bit on this homie. When you have people that go for these positions that say they will do things for the faction then blind eye everything that is involved with being a general overalls injures your faction in every way. because it does not allow people to thrive within your faction. I know damn well a lot of people in 11B start off there then later when gain more skill then leave for a SOC faction but that should give you motivation to get on with your generals and teach him how the map works, which faction is which and their jobs, how to use guns and how to utilize different things within the server. From an RU perspective it looks to be that there is really only SOC on that make stabs at trying to help 11B improve on their game so you guys can win more. I have been on for 3 days now and I have only seen RU win wars which is shocking. You and I can both remember last delta when US would beat the shit outta RU almost every war. That and giving your men motivation to play, having a good morale is what will bring 11B back to life in every spectrum.

Which then brings me to the next issue I saw within the server as of late. War.

So, I saw a few things that confused me that I was unaware of until I was explained the rules.

- Base camp: The point of a war is to capture an objective, hold said objective and fend off attacks from the opposing faction. I haven't seen a singular close war since I have been on the server. It has only been RU busting fat nuts on US, raping them all the way back to their base and locking them inside the cage of their base until war is over. That fucking sucks. No player should have to deal with a repeating cycle of getting butt fucked every hour just to be base camped and lose almost every war.  I feel as if the staff team should be implementing and enforcing new and harsher rules when it comes to base camp because wars used to be fun, exciting and quite the adrenaline rush at some points. With that, I feel as if there should be changes to how war is played to better secure a better experience for people as a whole. Giving people roles to do in war so they have something to do instead of pushing up to a base and sniping for the entirety of war. With that it can bring positive outcomes to not feel the need to base camp every war and gives players more CQC based combat. Which I believe @Garnet If I am correct, you told me that you wanted to make something that seemed more CQC like insurgency. I can go more in depth about it if need be but I feel as if that will be a lot more fun for players and not the same repeating sniping battle. 

- Enforcement of rules: One thing that I saw within the server was people not reporting when a rule is broken because of friendship. If you care about the servers success and want a high player population then it would make sense to enforce rules harder so that way the percentage of rules broken during war is shortened to allow better experiences. From both staff and regular player base.  

-Evening the playing field: When it comes to outnumbering one side, I feel as if players don't have the incentive to switch over to help because it could be boring or they just don't want to help. I think it would be a great help for people to make attempts at switching over for wars whenever one side is outnumbered so it seems even and gives each side a fair chance of winning a war. 

Overall, This thread was made so not only me but hopefully others can comment things they see as wrong within the server so they can bring things up to staff to get these things fixed. So that way we can have a healthy server and bring life back into the server on all fronts. 

4 minutes ago, Redacted said:

It has only been RU busting fat nuts on US, raping them all the way back to their base and locking them inside the cage of their base until war is over. That fucking sucks. No player should have to deal with a repeating cycle of getting butt fucked every hour just to be base camped and lose almost every war.

I was really happy to read this statement. Base camp was predicted even before we had switched to this map. At the first community meeting, I had tried to address the base camp issue early and implement a rule where they were not able to render in the enemies base. When I brought it up I was called a dictator and received major criticism so the rule was never put in place. At the last meeting base camp had died down a bit, and was not something that i felt needed a server rule implemented for. But since the last meeting it has kicked up a bit. I am going to be making a meeting schedule for the month of June where management may implement something by then. But I am glad to see that I am not a crazy dictator when thinking base camp is a problem. Whether it will a server rule or something which we make mandatory for faction leaders to enforce, we will come up with something. Personally, i probably should be more strict with what i do and not back down to being called a "dictator" for making changes that benefit the new players of the server and generally add for more fun game play.

15 minutes ago, Redacted said:

-Evening the playing field: When it comes to outnumbering one side, I feel as if players don't have the incentive to switch over to help because it could be boring or they just don't want to help. I think it would be a great help for people to make attempts at switching over for wars whenever one side is outnumbered so it seems even and gives each side a fair chance of winning a war. 

I have to give a thanks to a lot of RU members who have already been doing this. While they may not do it every war, I am thankful for the RU that do switch over either at the beginning or mid way through war. This is not something mandatory yet RU SOC still do it, so thank you.

18 minutes ago, Redacted said:

- Base camp: The point of a war is to capture an objective, hold said objective and fend off attacks from the opposing faction. I haven't seen a singular close war since I have been on the server. It has only been RU busting fat nuts on US, raping them all the way back to their base and locking them inside the cage of their base until war is over. That fucking sucks. No player should have to deal with a repeating cycle of getting butt fucked every hour just to be base camped and lose almost every war.  I feel as if the staff team should be implementing and enforcing new and harsher rules when it comes to base camp because wars used to be fun, exciting and quite the adrenaline rush at some points. With that, I feel as if there should be changes to how war is played to better secure a better experience for people as a whole. Giving people roles to do in war so they have something to do instead of pushing up to a base and sniping for the entirety of war. With that it can bring positive outcomes to not feel the need to base camp every war and gives players more CQC based combat. Which I believe @Garnet If I am correct, you told me that you wanted to make something that seemed more CQC like insurgency. I can go more in depth about it if need be but I feel as if that will be a lot more fun for players and not the same repeating sniping battle. 

It's already been spoken about but its okay bringing up the issue everyone knows about but what sort of fix are you suggesting to stop that happen. What sort of punishments are you talking about here warns jails what? Please be more specific so the community can have an input on that. I'm not being a dick I just feel as its okay to say somethings wrong but suggest what needs to be done about it and be specific regarding how its going to fix the issue at hand.

10 minutes ago, Tayler said:

Probably could've saved the repeat post to address it in the meetings that have been happening (assuming they still do). Long paragraphs dont help the server at all.

This also a very good point attend the faction meetings or community meetings and suggest the fix there so the community can hear it more direct as a lot of the current community do not use the forums they just hang out in teamspeak alot. 

35 minutes ago, Redacted said:

It has only been RU busting fat nuts on US, raping them all the way back to their base and locking them inside the cage of their base until war is over. That fucking sucks. No player should have to deal with a repeating cycle of getting butt fucked every hour just to be base camped and lose almost every war.

Basically what Aidan said. We had an idea to implement some types of base camp rules and it was shut down by most of the people attending the meeting. There were some pretty valid points that made us rethink what we wanted to do. 

22 minutes ago, AwesomeAidan said:

When I brought it up I was called a dictator and received major criticism so the rule was never put in place. At the last meeting base camp had died down a bit, and was not something that i felt needed a server rule implemented for. But since the last meeting it has kicked up a bit. I am going to be making a meeting schedule for the month of June where management may implement something by then. But I am glad to see that I am not a crazy dictator when thinking base camp is a problem. Whether it will a server rule or something which we make mandatory for faction leaders to enforce, we will come up with something. Personally, i probably should be more strict with what i do and not back down to being called a "dictator" for making changes that benefit the new players of the server and generally add for more fun game play.

Pretty sure that wasn't the whole reason why they called you that. Not that I agree, but I heard a few other points.

41 minutes ago, Tayler said:

Probably could've saved the repeat post to address it in the meetings that have been happening (assuming they still do).

They do, on a bi-monthly basis. 

52 minutes ago, AwesomeAidan said:

I was really happy to read this statement. Base camp was predicted even before we had switched to this map. At the first community meeting, I had tried to address the base camp issue early and implement a rule where they were not able to render in the enemies base. When I brought it up I was called a dictator and received major criticism so the rule was never put in place. At the last meeting base camp had died down a bit, and was not something that i felt needed a server rule implemented for. But since the last meeting it has kicked up a bit. I am going to be making a meeting schedule for the month of June where management may implement something by then. But I am glad to see that I am not a crazy dictator when thinking base camp is a problem. Whether it will a server rule or something which we make mandatory for faction leaders to enforce, we will come up with something. Personally, i probably should be more strict with what i do and not back down to being called a "dictator" for making changes that benefit the new players of the server and generally add for more fun game play.

I have to give a thanks to a lot of RU members who have already been doing this. While they may not do it every war, I am thankful for the RU that do switch over either at the beginning or mid way through war. This is not something mandatory yet RU SOC still do it, so thank you.

basecamping fun 😠 

• MilitaryRP Super-Admin
1 hour ago, AwesomeAidan said:

When I brought it up I was called a dictator and received major criticism so the rule was never put in place.

Okay that’s not true. At least it didn’t happen in our meeting. People, including many who have experienced that same rule, expressed that it worked VERY poorly in this past. No one put you on blast or cried dictator. “Tried it, didn’t work at all. Created more problems.” That’s the feedback you received in the meeting at least. 

Like Tayler said, the community meetings are a great place to bring these sorts of topics up. Please come with concrete changes and examples to these meetings. That holds for everyone. Saying “we need to balance the countries.” or “basecamping is a problem!” offers no solution. Come equipped with topics you wish to discuss ALONG with possible fixes. If you cannot come up with a fix by yourself, that’s fine. Starting a think tank, if necessary, is part of the reason for these meetings. However please don’t come in with a hot topic such as basecamping, SOC/Spetz problems, etc. They need solutions, not to be “brought to our attention” for the umpteenth time.

The most recent war (not the one happening rn) was a US victory. I know Flak, whomever 11B Not Stupid (2.2k hours), soldier, and myself swapped for balancing. After some good flanks by MARSOC, Draco, Toyto, the swappers, among others, US took the obj with 4 minutes to go. Every single US member then played the objective and ended up with the win.

The map is laid in a way where maybe the US has to be smarter in how they move (especially for Embassy), but that can and should be taught. Tried to hold flank training but only one guy, WO Bad Guy, showed. Best believe I’m coming to the next meeting with another low-budget screenshot of my phone notepad 😂.

1 hour ago, 0zzy said:

The map is laid in a way where maybe the US has to be smarter in how they move (especially for Embassy), but that can and should be taught. Tried to hold flank training but only one guy, WO Bad Guy, showed. Best believe I’m coming to the next meeting with another low-budget screenshot of my phone notepad 😂.

So I understand that community meetings are bi monthly but when are they on that said month? are they like announced ?

• MilitaryRP Super-Admin
3 minutes ago, Redacted said:

So I understand that community meetings are bi monthly but when are they on that said month? are they like announced ?

Every other Saturday. So a week from tomorrow.

Bringing up this topic is not as redundant as most people think. It is by constantly calling attention to this topic  that will ultimately show how much of an issue it is with people. As for the arguement that most people dont see the forums,  a lot of people who do see these forums have the influence to help solve the issue. Although it is correct to say that the solution doesnt get solved here but when it is brought up at meetings. 

Archived