Go Kart Suggestion

Graykidz

Description: I believe that a really good addition to the Dark to server would be small Go Karts. The server map is already so big and players don’t have means of getting around from place to place. The current options at the players disposal is running, getting speed perks, and climb SWEP jumping. It would also help with using the streets for what they are used for. There could also be certain traffic laws like driving off the street is AOS. I wouldn’t suggest adding a big car like an suv as that would take too much space and possibly lag the server.

Reasoning: This would benefit the server, because it gives players something to use as a tool, to mess around with, and could potentially expand on the civil protection line of jobs. Also would expand creativity among players.

Additional Information: [Photos/Videos][/CODE] https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=105150660

This addon is very simplistic and can also  have its color and material changed. Other admins may also be good.

For ease of programming you might be able to use the vehicle npc from Military Rp for easier coding

idk im supposed to +1 but im giving it.  seems like a really good idea and would help people that dont want to use the jump swep or upgrades.

edit-the server is already laggy enough it might lag it even more

Edited by fugga

032a043124acdf727f2a4ff338056ac2.png278db6d66d3f40585d673f87fb26a100.png

WeirdChamp

People have suggested things like cars, bikes and other forms of transportation in the past but they just don't seem to fit in on a server like Garnet's. One of the qualities Garnet has that many other servers don't is its simplicity (In comparison of course) It's nice to load into a server and not hear loud lightsaber noises and seeing sports cars speeding down the road sometimes. And the second you start adding vehicles it starts losing this feature.

3 hours ago, Graykidz said:

The current options at the players disposal is running, getting speed perks, and climb SWEP jumping

With the hobo job being one the more popular jobs as it always is, there is 6x6x6 huts scattered around the streets all the time so these forms of transportation are already more efficient and less annoying to use than moving props.

3 hours ago, Graykidz said:

I wouldn’t suggest adding a big car like an suv as that would take too much space and possibly lag the server.

I don't think the size is the issue here, it would be the 30 props moving around the map at high speeds.

Finally this introduces yet another (Extremely effect) way to Mass RDM, unless of course hitting people with cars would do no damage which opens up even more issues like car blocking/stacking which I remember being an incredibly annoying way to block peoples entrance to important areas on the PoliceRP server which had all kinds of vehicles.

So in all there is really no good things I see coming out of this. (Racing sounds pretty fun actually)

Edited by Toucan

Unfortunately, I have to give this a 

due to a few factors,  including the reasons said here by Toucan:

1 hour ago, Toucan said:

032a043124acdf727f2a4ff338056ac2.png278db6d66d3f40585d673f87fb26a100.png

WeirdChamp

People have suggested things like cars, bikes and other forms of transportation in the past but they just don't seem to fit in on a server like Garnet's. One of the qualities Garnet has that many other servers don't is its simplicity (In comparison of course) It's nice to load into a server and not hear loud lightsaber noises and seeing sports cars speeding down the road sometimes. And the second you start adding vehicles it starts losing this feature.

With the hobo job being one the more popular jobs as it always is, there is 6x6x6 huts scattered around the streets all the time so these forms of transportation are already more efficient and less annoying to use than moving props.

I don't think the size is the issue here, it would be the 30 props moving around the map at high speeds.

Finally this introduces yet another (Extremely effect) way to Mass RDM, unless of course hitting people with cars would do no damage which opens up even more issues like car blocking/stacking which I remember being an incredibly annoying way to block peoples entrance to important areas on the PoliceRP server which had all kinds of vehicles.

So in all there is really no good things I see coming out of this. (Racing sounds pretty fun actually)

I just can't say I like the idea that much, I'm sorry my guy.

• Forums Moderator

Tried this addon before. It just doesn't work and would not fit into our server. Too many ways to abuse it as well it would basically not be Vanilla. Also, I saw you brought up the ways to get around on the server right now. What is wrong with those? They all work perfectly fine and there is a very easy NON-VIP way to get the climb swep (alyx). This just overall won't fit into our server.

Guest proggy

spacer.png

Denied

This idea seems like it would be fun, but people are right to be concerned about the add-on's impact to performance.

A huge thing our server has going for it is it's Vanilla feel that allows people with pretty much any machine to be able to load in and play.

This add-on would certainly bring several side-effects to the server that aren't worth it.