DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

[MilitaryRP] Delta Edits

• MilitaryRP Super-Admin

I feel like revisions F, D, and B (in no particular order) will be the most impactful.

F. Streamlining our training process will prove fruitful. Our staff team is growing, and I believe adequate enough to deal with those who have opportunities to break the rules by passing an automated test. Also I trust that you’ll keep the map optimized if you’re adding fun things in the spawn room so FPS won’t take a hit. A question around the OOC room, would players just /citizen to go there? 

B + D. Adding more cover and optimizing the map will be huge. Hills, rocks, etc. will all be useful. I know we had fun brainstorming an underground aspect for Omega. Now I’m not certain how much work you want to pump into the terrain as you know your timeline better than anyone, but growing on the existing tunnel systems to pop out at different locations would be an amazing touch. One thing I want to note, I call the areas salt flats but it’s that snow-white kind of cracked-earth texture that’s in a few places, these areas shit on my FPS and other players have confirmed that they also suffer around these areas. You can test it out for yourself to gauge performance. Go SE from US base as if you’re going to the Docks and that’s the texture.

C + E. I’m all for dimming the lights. It comes off as pretty harsh. One thing I disagree on is that models don’t really stick out THAT much. Army models, cachet, and really anything with tan does well in the open desert. The darker models blend well with the rocks As they typically have a darker hue. Changing the time to dusk would probably level out all of the models but I don’t see it as a pressing issue.

A. I pray US can swallow their pride and teach their enlisted how to be wall warriors when necessary. I’ve tried and only two people showed up. The reduction in fog will help pick off those who are straying a little to close to each base. I can see it going both ways, meaning those basecamping can also see clearer. However defenders should have more to gain here, especially once 3rd person is gone. (And you said you didn’t expect positive feedback on it 😉)

Strong update in general, man. Excited to see Delta v2.

EDIT: Grabbing an overhead of Delta to become Picasso and draw out ideas and locations.

Edited by CAPT_Scoobs
  • Agree 1

I would really love to see Revision C as opposed to the current lighting. It wouldn’t really effect anything at all and make it more aesthetic which I personally enjoyed from Chaharikar and EchoeV2

Revision F - I remembered when spawn rooms on delta is now what we consider GRU and PDSS bunks but I think people complained about how to far from the gates were from them and I’m sure that’s why it was switched to cafeteria. Now having a different rooms where people can chill/bumper cars sounds like somewhat of a good idea. 

Edited by WhiteBolt

B + D)

1. I have a few ideas for this. One thing which i think would be extremely helpful would be lowering the elevation of both US and RU base. Currently both bases are raised on a hill. I am going to refer to the distance from a bases gate, to a location of cover as the "dead zone". The dead zone is one of the easiest places to get sniped from as it takes atleast 5 seconds of running out of each base until you find decent cover. Within these 5 seconds, there are plenty of spots for people to snipe you from at any angle. If hills were to be added around each base but the elevation of each base stayed the same, then we would still have the same dead zone problem because of the angle. It is much easier to get sniped from an elevated position than from a position leveled with the sniper. I am suggesting lowering the elevation of each base.

2. Chaharikar worked perfectly because each base was lower than the hills around them. These hills worked perfectly, they were close enough to easily overrun any base campers who dared to get close enough and added fast cover for anyone leaving base. Just like on Chaharikar, I think the bases should be surround by small hills and the further out you go in the map, the bigger hills you find. It is extremely important to add these small hills close to the base. Yes, people would be able to base camp from them but these hills would be much easier to overrun than hills far away. It would just take a push with a couple people to clear these hills. Once you get the past these small hills, the terrain should consist of bigger hills, rocks, tanks, and maybe a few small structures.

As for A, C, E,  and F, I completely agree with where you are going with them. We also have a cinema room under the map which could be utilized for the OOC room.

• Agree 1

C. Overall I feel as if some sort of time change would better fit the setting of where the objectives are placed and where the map truly takes place. Adding some sort of particles in the skybox to simulate starts appearing to better match the sun and time would be pretty cool for scenery. 

D. With the map delta, there are some really cool spots on the map but not all of it is utilized. 

EX: A1E27D27841A157FEE0795F42AD716C2AA2C015B

This area is behind silo towards the back corner of the map. I feel as if something should be added here to better allow players to make a flanking advantage on the objective itself. 

EX 2:A4440663187A066108240B35532F69CF69D1B062

Most times when I decide to help US in wars, being that the war is set to killhouse only I usually find that someone uses these hills as a popular headglitch spot and use it to their advantage. Speaking of the US side here, Most US players can't actually use this spot unless they are using it to over the west door of killhouse but at the same time they give up having their side exposed to ATTC1. I definitely feel like leveling this area out will allow more long range combat that will allow more fair combat overtime depending on the sides that players decide to use. 

/me hits vape

EX 3: 4D8B4C72F9ED63C0D33D9FC10075472AD513951D 

This spot outside the RU base is often times used for RU marksman tryouts I believe. But besides that, it really is useless. This also mirrors the outer part of the US base going towards silo. I feel as if there could be something added in both spots to allow more usage outside of base that is still near by. Maybe something like how US base had on CS Desert with the OC and the setup targets, Even though there is an OC and firing range I still feel like it could be put to good use. 

E: I can see some sort of CC toner used to better allow players not to kill their eyes with the map. Maybe utilizing plugins such as magic bullet looks or film or something along those lines. I got a few presets if you wanna take a look at them. 

F: Maybe adding something along the lines of what gildarts had setup when the servers got cucked for a bit. I believe there was a soccer field n shit so that would actually be really fucking cool to chill with the lads and have some fun outside of war. Maybe a boxing ring.

Edited by Redacted
  • MilitaryRP Super-Admin

spacer.png

Well I downloaded Photoshop cause you can’t rotate text in Paint LMAO.

For those who don’t know off the top of their head, US Base (bottom right of this picture) is in the NE corner of the map and RU Base (top left of the picture) is tucked in the SW.

So the hills/ridges/small hills should all be self explanatory. Think of a small hill as the size of the L-shapes hill outside of US base on CS Desert and a large hill is the size of the hill right out from of Afghan front gate on CS Desert. Ridges should be about 1 player to 2 players tall.

To add some substance to the map I added some new buildings in the NW and SE corners of the map. The SE corner behind Silo seemed like a good place for an oil field so I say we use the Oil from Chaharikar. Now in the NW... There’s kind of an Easter Egg vibe over there with the trench and temple. I felt like including a little piece of history would add to the ambience and mystery of that area. Amman is the capital of Jordan, the location of Delta, and has a structure called The Citadel which boasts these beautiful ruins. The Citadel is home to ancient texts that date wayyy back and is said to be a tomb ( see the connection to the Temple!!).

Mosque and Boat Depot are two new locations that will provide beauty and war usage. I can understand if we want to stay far from religion as a gaming community but I felt the idea was at least accurate considering 95% of Jordanians are Muslim. So the building itself, id want to be larger in size but there’s the golf ball looking tower right there. I’d ask we remove it and make the mosque about half the size of MATCH. The mosque will provide good cover for RU heading towards KH, a typically difficult push when US soldiers get set up on KH Palm or ATTC 1’s Roofs.

Boat Depot! We have a river, we have boats, we have cargo ships. We even have a small dock house. I’m saying we add a small boat depot on the North side of the river! This area is usually No Man’s Land for US as RU from Embassy and KH Palm can rain down on them. This station will provide strong cover from the South (from Embassy) and adequate cover from the W (from KH). So for aesthetics, I was think maybe 2 dock cranes, a small, two story warehouse say the size of the Firing Ranges, and maybe a cargo crate or two near the cranes.

Okay last but not least, additional tunnels. For the US tunnel, there is a pair of red crates I like to call Sandwich that are directly SW of the base but mostly W if you leave S gate. I’m suggesting the US has a second exit at the point. For the RU tunnel, there is a rock fixture in the little valley that is perfect for an additional tunnel exit. I loved the way the mines played in Echo so this is drawing inspiration from that. This map is smaller so the tunnels won’t be as long but I feel it adds a good touch and helps people avoid basecamp.

EDIT: Fuck I meant for there to be another ridge on the South side on the East end of the River. So yeah I’ll update my picture and the thread when I can. For now imagine it.

Edited by CAPT_Scoobs
  • Agree 1
  • The Garnut
5 hours ago, 0zzy said:

F. Streamlining our training process will prove fruitful. Our staff team is growing, and I believe adequate enough to deal with those who have opportunities to break the rules by passing an automated test. Also I trust that you’ll keep the map optimized if you’re adding fun things in the spawn room so FPS won’t take a hit. A question around the OOC room, would players just /citizen to go there? 

Players would enter this room via /citizen or its alternative command I would add which would likely be /trainingroom and /oocroom, both of which would literally set you to Civillian. This would have no impact on client FPS seeing as it would be WAY outside the map into the skybox, however, alot of player activity in the OOC room (more than what is typical on the rest of the map) would impact server FPS at times.

5 hours ago, 0zzy said:

Omega.

Largely  a dead project, haven't worked on it in over a week because of the population of the server and the state of Gmod in general

5 hours ago, 0zzy said:

growing on the existing tunnel systems to pop out at different locations would be an amazing touch.

Will not happen, it was underworks and mostly finished on Echo, yet, it only received criticism and was a massive FPS hog on the clients.

5 hours ago, 0zzy said:

I call the areas salt flats but it’s that snow-white kind of cracked-earth texture that’s in a few places, these areas shit on my FPS

That would be because they're immediately outside of both bases, these areas are where you will load more graphical data, and have more visibility calculations than ANYWHERE else. IE: tunnel systems underneath bases + the bases themselves + objectives you are starting to render in.

5 hours ago, 0zzy said:

C + E. I’m all for dimming the lights. It comes off as pretty harsh. One thing I disagree on is that models don’t really stick out THAT much. Army models, cachet, and really anything with tan does well in the open desert. The darker models blend well with the rocks As they typically have a darker hue. Changing the time to dusk would probably level out all of the models but I don’t see it as a pressing issue.

It isn't nearly as big of a pressing issue, I agree, but I do feel as though particularly RU models with their black and red stick out quite a bit more, and neutralizing some colors to grey may take literally an hour in tweaking with map files.

3 hours ago, AwesomeAidan said:

1. I have a few ideas for this. One thing which i think would be extremely helpful would be lowering the elevation of both US and RU base. Currently both bases are raised on a hill.

Far too big of a hassle for very little return

The dead zone is one of the easiest places to get sniped from as it takes atleast 5 seconds of running out of each base until you find decent cover.

That would be where I'd add elevation and rocks. I assume you refer to the area where the crack sandstone would be.

Chaharikar worked perfectly because each base was lower than the hills around them.

You seem to be holding onto that point, but I don't think it's true. We've had revisions and other maps that had elevated bases, or atleast ones that included a depression in the terrain surrounding them (essentially making them elevated) and spawncamping was not an issue. Hell, even take for instance CSCdesert where you could literally be out of render distance as a sniper on the outskirts of the map, yet, we didn't have as much basecamping as presently. This is because 'basecamping' is a result of a hands-off staff team and low quality officers who don't enforce good/fair gameplay. So please, before I hear about other theories regarding basecamp and how to get rid of it, take a holistic look that'd include the leadership of the server and how assertive it is.

3 hours ago, Redacted said:

This area is behind silo towards the back corner of the map. I feel as if something should be added here to better allow players to make a flanking advantage on the objective itself. 

"I feel as though it could be better, but I'm not going to leave it open ended" 

Most times when I decide to help US in wars, being that the war is set to killhouse only I usually find that someone uses these hills as a popular headglitch spot and use it to their advantage.

This area is more than likely going to be removed, the jump quest on the map isn't even being used, so that area will be flattened out or removed all-together.

F: Maybe adding something along the lines of what gildarts had setup when the servers got cucked for a bit. I believe there was a soccer field n shit so that would actually be really fucking cool to chill with the lads and have some fun outside of war. Maybe a boxing ring.

Probably a soccer field with a physics object ball, but definitely not a boxing rings lmao

E: I can see some sort of CC toner used to better allow players not to kill their eyes with the map. Maybe utilizing plugins such as magic bullet looks or film or something along those lines. I got a few presets if you wanna take a look at them. 

I appreciate it, but I'm likely just going to be reducing the brightness of the map and simply taking out the RGB opacity to like 0.7%, IE: Red would turn to a spot between maroon/rose gold. Hard to explain until you see it, but think CS:GO's old  and vibrant color pallet (not the cartoony shit they have going on now).

This spot outside the RU base is often times used for RU marksman tryouts I believe. But besides that, it really is useless. This also mirrors the outer part of the US base going towards silo. I feel as if there could be something added in both spots to allow more usage outside of base that is still near by. Maybe something like how US base had on CS Desert with the OC and the setup targets, Even though there is an OC and firing range I still feel like it could be put to good use. 

Yes, I might be adding some interactive pieces to the map like that.

1 hour ago, 0zzy said:

spacer.png

Gold. Thank you so much. 

12 hours ago, Garnet said:

This is because 'basecamping' is a result of a hands-off staff team and low quality officers who don't enforce good/fair gameplay. So please, before I hear about other theories regarding basecamp and how to get rid of it, take a holistic look that'd include the leadership of the server and how assertive it is.

Well said. Lack of leadership and authority in the wrong places promotes people to abuse such a thing, and develop habits that are unfair in gameplay by having the focus be kills rather than following orders. I'm hoping this changes over time and that the server (gameplay, combat, and roleplay) are taken more seriously, game or not, people are passionate about whatever they're passionate about and it isn't right to shame them for it (unless appropriate, such as something morally wrong but this conversation isn't one on politics and the like).

It isn't nearly as big of a pressing issue, I agree, but I do feel as though particularly RU models with their black and red stick out quite a bit more, and neutralizing some colors to grey may take literally an hour in tweaking with map files.

I appreciate it, but I'm likely just going to be reducing the brightness of the map and simply taking out the RGB opacity to like 0.7%, IE: Red would turn to a spot between maroon/rose gold. Hard to explain until you see it, but think CS:GO's old  and vibrant color pallet (not the cartoony shit they have going on now).

Lighting, CC, and fog are all pretty powerful gameplay modifiers, so I'm excited to see what this would do in balance.

As I've said before, Delta is largely an RU sided map ironically designed to be balanced for both sides. I'm glad you're not planning on dropping it and eventually revising it to be a fit map. I'm hoping to see some more change and assertion in other aspects of MRP - from addons and gunplay to staff-wise, and how they handle themselves and our community.