DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

The Arena

Description: An Arena in which players can do a command like /arena to be teleported to The Arena. The Arena is a place where players can go to RDM. I heard that the purge idea was shot down so this would be the next best thing too it.

Reasoning: I think this would add a lot of enjoyment to the server, players get bored sometimes. I also believe this would add a level of competitiveness for players.

Additional Information: I can't really think of any additional information, possibly add leader boards in the arena to show whos at the top. As well as make it so when players teleport to the arena all their current weapons are stripped and saved. Then spawn the player with a random gun, spawn them at a random location in the arena and make a invincibility timer so you can't just spawn kill players that come into the arena. When players leave they are then given their stripped items back and they can go on about their day. This differs from the duelist NPC because instead of dueling one player you can duel a whole plethora of players as well as there is no wager involved. 

Edited by Insekto

We already have issues with damage logs being spammed, understand who they really don't last that long all this is going to do is create bigger issues for staff members with certain sits. When I was a staff member I would get so mad by people just trying to kill damage logs.

Honestly at the end of the day just either be careful with your aim if you're going to have fun with your friends or just do it in a secluded area.

17 minutes ago, OpTic Gunner said:

We already have issues with damage logs being spammed, understand who they really don't last that long all this is going to do is create bigger issues for staff members with certain sits. When I was a staff member I would get so mad by people just trying to kill damage logs.

Honestly at the end of the day just either be careful with your aim if you're going to have fun with your friends or just do it in a secluded area.

This could easily be fixed though? If you're gonna make that argument then why not remove duels as well?

Edited by Insekto
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
5 hours ago, Insekto said:

This could easily be fixed though? If you're gonna make that argument then why not remove duels as well?

Well, the duel argument is different, adding an arena would end up spamming way more than duels ever would.  It's a great idea don't get me wrong and I'm sure there are ways to work around it but for now, I'm going to -1. 

• Toxic 1
  • Creative 1
  • Friendly 1
Just now, Grace said:

Well, the duel argument is different, adding an arena would end up spamming way more than duels ever would.  It's a great idea don't get me wrong and I'm sure there are ways to work around it but for now, I'm going to -1. 

Again like I stated above, the spamming issue can easily be fixed.

33 minutes ago, Toucan said:

Could you explain how? It could help with peoples view on the suggestion.

I believe theres a way, pretty much the same way how spawn works with a little tweak to it, define a set area and within that area when a hook is ran like GM:PlayerDeath or ENT:OnTakeDamage stop the function to log those to the menu.

Edited by Insekto
  • Like 1

If something like this was implemented, one way to avoid confusion for reports would be to strip players weapons when they entering or leaving the arena, and they are given [undroppable] weapon(s) that are unique to the arena while they are inside. 

Garnet has done similar with how the duel weapons print in logs.
Example: proggy(STEAM_0:0:66620478) did 513 damage to spilq(STEAM_0:0:513931803) with duel_onetap

• Agree 6
7 minutes ago, proggy said:

If something like this was implemented, one way to avoid confusion for reports would be to strip players weapons when they entering or leaving the arena, and they are given [undroppable] weapon(s) that are unique to the arena while they are inside. 

Example: proggy(STEAM_0:0:66620478) did 513 damage to spilq(STEAM_0:0:513931803) with duel_onetap

If something like this was done, I would 100% +1 this, it'd be nice to have an arena so people could fight without having to actually bet money. It would also be multiple people at once, instead of just 2 people.

2 hours ago, proggy said:

I like Proggy's idea. Stripping weapons when entering the arena, and renaming the weapons would make the arena fair, and would make RDM reports less confusing. If this is implemented, you got my

+1

Edited by Clicher
3 hours ago, proggy said:

The only problem with that is that the damage logs already reset quickly during peak play hours so an arena would just double its reset time

Adding the arena would get rid of most consentual rdm I believe and if you wanna argue that it will still flood logs, as long as you dont give them an ares or pkm it should be fine and this would fuel ppls reasons to kill their friends constantly, along with adding it to say “arena_knife” or something like that. +1

31 minutes ago, Theta2 said:

Adding the arena would get rid of most consentual rdm I believe and if you wanna argue that it will still flood logs, as long as you dont give them an ares or pkm it should be fine and this would fuel ppls reasons to kill their friends constantly, along with adding it to say “arena_knife” or something like that. +1

Theta the problem isnt the gun name it's the fact that the logs erase unless you save em before hand.