DarkRP #1

aleks

One of the most populated, if not your most populated server. You've had it up for over 5 years, I have been playing for 4-5 years. In the time I have never seen the servers been as fucking shitty as they were right now. I think we all have a lot to say/address for the community, and since no one else will, I will.

#1: We might not be first priority, but we deserve some type of attention. 

This, has been a problem for the longest time. DarkRP has been always so buggy, and unstable for forever now. There are complaints, there are suggestions, there are everything, but it never gets looked at, like ever. I'm not trying to get on Garnet's ass, because I understand he is a very busy person, but giving one of your most populated servers the least bit of attention would be very nice. In the past month or so, the DarkRP servers have been so crazily unruly. I talked to proggy a little about it and he said he is trying his absolute best, and I really appreciate proggy for that. But, proggy's power on the server is limited. Garnet is the only person who can really fix this. I myself have even done a good amount of research to somewhat try and help Garnet, because I understand what it is like to have to manage a lot of things at the same time, and I understand it can be very stressful with probably 100s of little kids yelling at him about little things, but this isn't even little anymore, the server is so fucking unruly it hasn't even ran probably 6 hours consecutively in a month, without some type of "Disconnect: Client 47 overflowed reliable channel..".

#2:  Server Crashes

Referring to my messages above, you can see how upset about it I am, not even because I am an angry little child who lost an AK47, but because I have lost millions. upon millions, of dollars. Just today, I have lost 6 million+ dollars. It isn't even fully that, the fact of the matter, is the whole community is getting very charged up, and angry about the constant crashes.  I myself have done some research and found out some other topics on this. For example, I learned "Client Overflowed Reliable Buffer" means that the server/game is sending too many entities to your client at one time. Some potential fixes would be removing older/unupdated/unsupported addons, because they are sending null/corrupted data to your game, therefore making it re-try, and overflow your client, making it crash. You could also add some type of automatic kick system, for propspam, etc.

By no means am I badmouthing Garnet at all, but it's just unacceptable at this point.

Hope to see some changes,

Best Regards,

Aleks

• The Garnut

I understand you're not 'trying to be up my ass' but it's almost like.. I update each server based off of what each respective manager sends me in our managerial "update patches" forum. If nothing gets posted there, I direct my attention to whichever server manager DID forward me information. Currently the only server with an upcoming update is StarwarsRP.

aa5dd9d543e150f5bc704e0956e4c189.png

Not really sure why someone would react cringe to this. This is a player of the server and it's important to try and get opinions on the matter. At the same time, it is a lot for Garnet to deal with I can imagine. This also makes me question what the management team is doing 🤔? Not trying to blame anyone, just my two cents.

25 minutes ago, iDeddd said:

Not really sure why someone would react cringe to this. This is a player of the server and it's important to try and get opinions on the matter. At the same time, it is a lot for Garnet to deal with I can imagine. This also makes me question what the management and staff team are doing 🤔? Not trying to blame anyone, just my two cents. I haven't played long but I can call out multiple times where staff wasn't the greatest, but no one is perfect. 

What else are me/the staff team supposed to do?? There's nothing much we can do other then help the players that need assistance or punish the players that are just ruining other peoples experiences. We don't have enough power to do beyond that, as that's the point of having a staff team. I think its pretty unfair to point blame at us for the issues of server crashes and such just saying.

1 hour ago, Lancey Armstrong said:

What else are me/the staff team supposed to do?? There's nothing much we can do other then help the players that need assistance or punish the players that are just ruining other peoples experiences. We don't have enough power to do beyond that, as that's the point of having a staff team. I think its pretty unfair to point blame at us for the issues of server crashes and such just saying.

" I direct my attention to whichever server manager DID forward me information" (Garnet). I am not blaming all staff members at all, don't get me wrong. I'm just saying some server managers apparently aren't seeing what players are seeing and reporting to forums. Because if they were, he would already know and probably have fixed the issue. Garnet can't find all of the servers issues himself. I'm not pointing fingers, just stating what I think could possibly be the issue, it's not anyone's fault. 

I'll agree that the client overflow buffer crashes have been more frequent lately. Just yesterday it happened to me twice in one hour (crashing 2x a day I get off for my own mental sanity) and I guess it crashed at least one more later on.

I don't know what the true fix would be, or if there is one, I just wanted to add my input that this is a problem that many people face and it's definitely frustrating for more than just the people commenting here. 

Garry's Mod is a piece of shit to work with however i don't understand why the server runs as poorly as it does. The map could be partially the issue due to it being so large and there is no use of gates which work a bit like minecraft chunks as far as i know loading sections of the map dependant on where you are. Other issues include instant lua errors when you join the server and an array of other minor issues.

I by no means believe i would know how to sort this issue out however i do agree that there is something wrong with the server as it should run better than it currently does.

Archived