DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Shadow trooper battalion/squad

swrp-Ghost

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1814727199&searchtext=shadow+trooper

Description: [description of what you are suggesting, one paragraph minimum]

There's this player model pack called shadow trooper ( link above ). Shadow troopers have their lore as being there as a special ops group due to commandos numbers not being as high. lore:  Since the numbers of the Advanced Recon Commandos were dwindling, Isard created the shadow troopers as a reconnaissance unit, who, with the benefit of greatly modified and expensive armour, could operate covertly and undercover. Using magseals installed in their armour, shadow troopers could attach plates to themselves that could pass them off as mercenaries belonging to certain factions. With that advantage, they could infiltrate facilities and gather intelligence with ease. this is very like the idea I was going for as I think people who don't want to be commandos have that other option of being special ops in clone armour. 

Reasoning: [how would this benefit our server?]

This could benefit our server by people new seeing what we have to offer in the area of special operations. this would increase population slightly due to people have another option to be commando like but work differently if you get what I mean.  People will also have another squad/battalion to join, due to shadow troopers being somewhat rare on SWRP servers this could get people interested. keeping in mind this can be implemented when we open other battalions up.   

Additional Information: [Photos/Videos][/CODE]

Steam Workshop::[LN] CGI Clone Troopers: Shadow Troopers  

this does not have to be implemented as soon as battalions open up but I think people will enjoy another special ops battalion with another great lore behind it. 

• Disagree 1

-1 This implementation would not work with our current agreed plan with having the chosen 3 main battalions + pilots and shock. I just don't really see any purpose for having this battalion. We already have RC, Alpha, and RANCOR serving as the "special ops battalion". There's really no point of adding more battalions at the moment.

In the wise words of Syndrome "When everyone's super, no one will be."

I don't think I've had a single good experience with shadow troopers in any SWRP server ever.

Usually it's full of minges who abuse the cloak and then cry about how shock "failrp I was cloaked" when they get arrested trying to "sneak" into a restricted area.

• Like 1

if this ever were to be added, i think it'd be different models, those ones look too cartoony/clean if you get what i'm saying. Honestly just wait till we bring back other batt's before you suggest this, as I know it will not be considered until that happens. -1 

8 minutes ago, Bortnik_ said:

if this ever were to be added, i think it'd be different models, those ones look too cartoony/clean if you get what i'm saying. Honestly just wait till we bring back other batt's before you suggest this, as I know it will not be considered until that happens. -1 

I think he meant that he was suggesting this to come back after the old batts come back. And though I don’t play I must say it shows like it could bring in some more variety, so I’m going to +1 it.

7 hours ago, Trooper said:

Usually it's full of minges who abuse the cloak and then cry about how shock "failrp I was cloaked" when they get arrested trying to "sneak" into a restricted area

I agree with Trooper a lot, and also we already have enough special ops so i'm gonna -1 

45 minutes ago, Bortnik_ said:

just wait till we bring back other batt's before you suggest this,

^^^ We currently don’t have the numbers to support an additional battalion ontop of this I don’t really see a point in adding it considering we have Alpha and RC already that’s not even count the numerous special forces when you donate. Once, we have the numbers I suggest you make a suggestion about removing a special ops battalion first and replacing it with this but that’s a suggestion for another time.