DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

redacted information

I may be a newer member to the server but hell, ive made a good amount of good friends here. I hope this place doesn't shut down but of course its your decision. My time here has been great and I hope it continues for a good amount of time. You've put in so much effort here and all of us thank you. Life comes first man, if you need to stop for the sake of yourself do it. I hope to keep everyone ive met here stay close and I hope we can come back, you've been doing this for a long time and ofc its going to have this type of thing happen which is fine, good luck man, be safe. 

bring me back to Afghan alluah ackbar boom boom days where the battlefield is a chaotic TDM warzone. That was fun.... but after the years things got more boring and stale and wars was justa bunch of wannabe sweaty tryhards and they forgot this is a GMOD RP server. If you look at CS_Desert (No im not saying bring it back) but every part of that map had a purpose and was used either in training or war. That map was perfect for a TDM War server. Now no offense we have large pretty maps but its usually just people running to a location and dying then coming back. Its a good server for RP aspect. Again thats not something this community is good at because staff dont know how to enforce rules when they ban people for a week because they bought doors. Garnets maps have to affect what the server is and is it a TDM server or is it a RP server? MRP is basically the exact to same sides fighting eachother and literally there is no point playing it all. THere is no progression or unique things when every side is exactly the same because if theyre not someone goes wah wah. I tried to get into it again with a IRL friend a month ago and once he got trained hes like ok now what and we sat in base. DarkRP was alright but again its pretty vanilla but theres not much to do other than printer farm. Starwars is equally as boring as MRP but more cringe because people try to take the fun out of gaming. Did a "passiveRP" event where we got dinner and people were meming ordering pizzas and a officer went "ThEy DoNt HaVe PiZzA iN sTaRwArS!!!" And we got stuck ordering bread then the staff pulled everyone in a DB and explained how we need to be more realistic. Yeah if youre trying to set a RP server up like Starwars you shouldnt tell people how to RP, dont tell people how they should play the game. If anything Garnet you should take a good look at the staff team on all servers and really ask how is upper management benefiting the server in a positive way. 

• Like 3
  • Cringe 1
  • Spicy 1

Military RP aspect... When i was trained onto garnet gaming straight from the start i was in a role play situation. Right when i left the recruit room and left that bunker my instructor was yelling screaming and I was actually listening. Now its do the /quiz and someone might train you later. That's not fun and making people want to stay. In my opinion although having an older mature staff team is an excellent idea really having some leadership in the server would be nice and its not happening. Not saying that the higher up is not doing there job its that they get on and afk for xp and credits. As stated no there is no need to bring back cs because the maps are amazing but those were really the best times because it was based off skill. DF had the best sniper and you had to be good at the game to get it not buy it. Now a person with $30 just laying around can get this and automatically become  good.. Working for the good classes is what really got me into the game. Not at all am i saying garnet is a pay to win server because there is only like three good weapons but that sniper in DF really made me want to work and when i eventually got it I knew a lot of people in the community and it made me want to stay. I still think there is an excellent amazing community behind these servers. I've made so many friends and met so many people its amazing what can happen. Its sad to see people leave because I know every time someone leaves I know that is just player count going down that were not gonna make up for. I think there is so much change and change is good but we need to change in away to bring out the old garnet and idrk if anyone knows what that is.

Edited by Purple Fish

I try not to involve myself in this community too much anymore in order to focus on other opportunities outside of gaming. However, I think it's important to state that from an MRP perspective, the issues stem from a different period in time. Don actually made a really good point, this TDM-Style MRP situation we have had for years, used to WORK really well. People loved the gamemode, and people came on it to have some fun. The interactions were amazing, but when that war was over, people still played. We don't keep that retention anymore because the gamemode isn't as popular as it used to be. Sure, there are successful servers able to keep MRP going, but they follow a different formula. Its something they've adapted to as the gamemode was slowly progressing away from the TDM aspect. We kept that, because there was still a decent majority that liked it. But there isn't that majority anymore. 

As time goes on, the gamemode becomes less about TDM, and more about the position you hold. Whos in power. Who makes the decisions. And more notably, which group of players are at the top. Players more commonly now, care less about the actual content, and more or less about the relationships that give THEMSELVES opportunity. It's not something you can really change by yourself, it's a collective effort, but once it's so far gone, it's hard to piece it back together. 

Getting down on yourself is normal, it's natural. But letting it go on for a period of time in which it deeply begins to affect you isn't normal. I think I speak for a lot of people when I say GG-MRP was great, it was an amazing thing to get on and play with your friends. But things change, stuff gets less popular, the community changes, the people in charge change, and then you lose that special something that held everything together. In my opinion, I think its 100% in your best interest to focus on endeavors that allow you to keep being a community owner. Being consumed completely by a community you created is normally where I would draw the line. You're a great guy man, you gave people an outlet, but if things don't get better in the near future, pulling the plug on MRP might be in your best interest. 

*TL:DR - Popularity changes, the community changes, focus on things that allow you to do what you love more. 

Edited by Soappppp
words
  • Like 1
  • Cringe 1
  • Agree 1

Ive been here since 2017 and it would be sad to see this server go. With you current view of situation Garnet I can only give you an advice. You can either go big and revamp the whole MRP experience and introduce new gamemodes, factions, and weapons and hope to see it rise again or you can continue with its current state and hope that people come on bring it to how it was before. I'm not gonna lie i really do have the same thoughts as you and believe that the server isn't gonna come back like how it used to be but i realized  sometimes trying to do something is better than imagining... basically actions speak better then words and i will continue to try helping the server until i can't no longer.

Edited by Flyer
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, Shin_Tsukimi said:

I honestly don't think I could ever play on another Garry's Mod Server (ESPECIALLY ANOTHER DARKRP Server) with how much I've come to love this community.

I 100% agree on this, if GarnetGaming were to ever shut its doors I wouldn't staff, or even play any other darkrp server. Garnet has been a huge impact on me this past year, I love this community so much even when things got real confusing back when there were no Super Admin's or managers to promote any of the VIP Mods for a good 2-3 months. Sure, things change and its sometimes for the worse and sometimes for the better. I personally think that right now we are hitting a little bump in population this month. I say wait it out and see if things turn up again and if they don't then I guess its our time. But honestly Garnet if this is affecting your mental health so much that you are feeling the need to close down GarnetGaming then maybe it is time. You have granted the people on garnet the joy of meeting new people and creating amazing memories.

Sorry if this is hard to read. I really didn't know where to start and how to end this.

TL;DR Do what you think is right for your mental health. We will respect any decision you make.

• Agree 1
19 hours ago, Garnet said:

I've decided to take down this post for the time being, I appreciate everybody's responses. At this point in time I'm pretty lost as to what to do next, and regardless of what I do i'll be criticized whether it be for "Not doing X first" not "playing on the servers" or even "getting too involved/political" who knows.

I hope things do change for the better and we start treating eachother more nicely and taking care of one another rather than just pointing fingers and fighting all day.

At the end of the day, my take away lesson is to not let a video game affect my mental well-being, and remember it was my choice to dedicate this time to the community thus far.

Thanks for all the hard work, Garnet. As someone who no longer plays, and just lurks the forums (though I accidentally donated $200 through Paypal subscription the other day), I am very happy with how Garnet Gaming has played out. It isn't in its best state, but you don't know when things can change for the better. Just don't let this shit get to your head, you're providing a fun and safe environment for anyone to hop into at any time, and giving groups of friends and individuals a chance to work as a team in any capacity.

Didn't get to read the original post because of how scarcely I've been on the forums lately, but I'm glad you simply decided to let things flow, but like I said, don't let the community hold you hostage. You have a life ahead of you, we all respect and understand that.

• Friendly 1