Allowing Megabasing For Clans

vapr

Description: I believe we should allow megabasing for big clans such as Trevor Industries, Workers Clan and GNi. By megabasing I mean owning (SMALLER) parts of the city by cutting off entrances or connecting nearby buildings with each other. This will obviously have their limits and can be managed well rule-wise because no new players can do this it's only for serious long-term clans to part take in. 

Reasoning: It would make newer players want to make their own clans/join other existing clans and be able to build big structures like this while also allowing newer players to easily connect with the GG DRP community. It could reduce lag, for example let's say a clan wants to takeover the waterfall base and it's 2 front warehouses. Instead of building 3 different bases you can build 1 entrance therefore reducing lag

Additional Information: I don't know if megabasing has ever been "allowed" but I remember a long time ago people were more lenient with it. I believe a 3 building mega base max limit is fair enough, not too big that it causes it to take up a huge part of the map but still noticeable and usable for clans.

A prime example of megabasing is cutting off the tunnel that leads to the waterfall, so you can own 3 buildings with 1 clan and it doesn't harm other players.

Edited by vapr
  • Like 1

If this is implemented, the entire server would be run by clans. Also, what would happen to the players that decide not to make/join a clan? It would be so difficult for them to successfully raid any of these bases with the number of players defending it. These bases would be practically unraidable.

The top clans would essentially have money printing all day without any issues, no competition. 

9 minutes ago, aleksandr1 said:

+1, will improve server population because new players will find a home to stay.

I don't exactly think level 1 players would be accepted into an existing clan.

If there are any workarounds to this, I will change my rating to a +1.

Edited by Boalp
1 minute ago, Boalp said:

If this is implemented, the entire server would be run by clans. Also, what would happen to the players that decide not to make/join a clan? It would be so difficult for them to successfully raid any of these bases with the amount of players defending it. These bases would be practically unraidable.

I don't exactly think level 1 players would be accepted into an existing clan.

If there are any workarounds to this, I will change my rating to a +1.

I accept all new players lmao, give them weapons n all. Bases made by clans are already unraidable basically as well and the max limit of 3 is big enough for the clans but not overwhelmingly huge.

I see your point but bases atm are already unraidable this just increases sizing.

2 minutes ago, vapr said:

I accept all new players lmao, give them weapons n all. Bases made by clans are already unraidable basically as well and the max limit of 3 is big enough for the clans but not overwhelmingly huge.

I see your point but bases atm are already unraidable this just increases sizing.

Exactly, if they are already unraidable, why not try to fix this issue instead of making them even more unraidable? 

YOU might welcome all new players, but that doesn't mean others will do the same. 

• Agree 1
1 minute ago, Boalp said:

Exactly, if they are already unraidable, why not try to fix this issue instead of making them even more unraidable? 

YOU might welcome all new players, but that doesn't mean others will do the same. 

We're the biggest clan on the server but I see wehre you're coming from.

There's truly nothing more people can do to make bases less impossible, I've suggested many things before like a constant cooldown for buttons ect.

I don't think this will cause any issues seeing as it's only 3 buildings.

• Like 1

Biggest clan on the server. *Laughs in Hydra* To be fair though, you do have a point. I would love to see a class getting perms to megabase much like crips and bloodz. Also Hydra is kinda ded so I guess that laugh can be revoked. I'll plus one it because I'm bored of seeing the same spots occupied and would love a huger base area. Also-there should be spots where you can't megabase like the city should be off limits. I'm talking around the pd and hotel area. So it's a +1 from me but only if certain restrictions are met.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I dont care about there being clans already but the mega basing idea would be just too far. It would be very difficult for new players to play the server with huge megabases and clans running around. Most of the clans would have unraidable mega bases and would run around raiding players for printers to put in the mega bases. Even if those players were to join some easy clans it would result in every new player not being able to play garnet without being in a clan. One of my and many other players reasoning for playing garnet more then any other darkrp server is its simplicity and it not being flooded with addons and megabases and cars like every other server. Adding this will result in the whole server just being divided into different clans and wont give any new players the ability to play solo or with a friend which will obviously result in the server being full of different clans and new players not even wanting to try playing the server.

• Like 1
20 hours ago, xFish said:

Biggest clan on the server. *Laughs in Hydra* To be fair though, you do have a point. I would love to see a class getting perms to megabase much like crips and bloodz. Also Hydra is kinda ded so I guess that laugh can be revoked. I'll plus one it because I'm bored of seeing the same spots occupied and would love a huger base area. Also-there should be spots where you can't megabase like the city should be off limits. I'm talking around the pd and hotel area. So it's a +1 from me but only if certain restrictions are met.

1 minute ago, Lancey Armstrong said:

I dont care about there being clans already but the mega basing idea would be just too far. It would be very difficult for new players to play the server with huge megabases and clans running around. Most of the clans would have unraidable mega bases and would run around raiding players for printers to put in the mega bases. Even if those players were to join some easy clans it would result in every new player not being able to play garnet without being in a clan. One of my and many other players reasoning for playing garnet more then any other darkrp server is its simplicity and it not being flooded with addons and megabases and cars like every other server. Adding this will result in the whole server just being divided into different clans and wont give any new players the ability to play solo or with a friend which will obviously result in the server being full of different clans and new players not even wanting to try playing the server.

I'm gonna say -1 unless this is heavily restricted. Also, what identifies as a "clan" that is allowed to megabase? How do people determine what can and can not megabase? If you can give me some good restrictions then maybe I'll +1, but for now unfortunately I'm gonna stick to a -1 until these are explained. 

• Like 1
  • The Garnut

There's a reason we limit group sizes so severely. A clan of 20 players on a 60-100 user server is incredibly overwhelming.

Denied

I apologize, but you'd be better off finding another server as I literally cannot see myself accepting this in the future.

• Like 3
  • Informative 1
  • Agree 1

Important Information

Terms of Use | Guidelines