More power given to Proggy

Boalp

Description: [description of what you are suggesting, one paragraph minimum]
I know this is not your typical suggestion, but I feel that it is needed. My suggestion is to grant our current Manager, Proggy, with more command power or Super Admin. I can say that Proggy has been one of the most hard-working, non-biased, and trustable people I have met on Garry's Mod; I feel most, if not all, of the community can say the same about him. He's been an amazing mentor to us staff members and is always there when we need assistance. I personally feel bad whenever I come at him with multiple questions, but he never hesitates to answer any of them. I know that many higher-ups have abused their powers in the past, but there is something special in Proggy. He is essentially one of the factors keeping the DarkRP community together. If he wanted to, he could have abused and created major issues for the DarkRP community. However, he's doing the opposite; he is communicating well to the staff team, allowing us to share our ideas to improve the server. He comes to us with great and impactful server ideas, and the list goes on.

Reasoning: [how would this benefit our server?]
I know Garnet is an extremely busy person. I've seen his schedule, and it's a long one. Thus, if Proggy receives Super Admin, this would help Garnet out with DarkRP. It would grant him the commands needed to host larger events that can attract more players to the server. Furthermore, it would allow the staff members to receive their correct ranks after getting promoted. (Many higher-ups are yet to be promoted for this month. But again, it's not easy for Garnet to manage multiple servers at once, alone) I'm not too familiar with the commands Super Admin has, but I'm sure it is capable of doing many other things.

Additional Information: [Photos/Videos][/CODE]
I know this is probably not the right way to do it, but I just feel like I had to write this. I've been through many communities and have never written a suggestion about a staff member. However, Proggy just hits different. It's like you know he wants to help and improve the server to the best of his abilities. I don't know it's a weird feeling; maybe it's just me. Also, I know it takes time for staff to get promoted at his level. But, he's been a Manager for quite a while now, 7-8 months? This suggestion is essentially just re-assuring Garnet that the community would approve of Proggy becoming a Super Admin. (if he's been thinking of promoting him) 

I simply want the best for this server. Garnet works too hard, and the more help, the better.

Feel free to share any comments about Proggy down below.

Edited by Boalp
  • Like 1
  • Agree 5

Proggy is the best manager I have ever seen on this community. He helps with updates, and even filled out the entire staff roster for this month. Not only does he put his time into helping this community, but he even denied payment from Garnet for this role. If he does receive this role, I trust Proggy not to abuse his powers in anyway. The decision is really up to Garnet on this one, but if it were up to me I would respond with a hard yes.

+1

Wish you the best of luck.

12 minutes ago, Praetor_Don said:

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but there is no Super Admin rank anymore correct? The highest one can go is Manager now. I thought Garnet consolidated the roles.

Yes it was removed, but manager was given more power.

Edited by Clicher
1 hour ago, Praetor_Don said:

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but there is no Super Admin rank anymore correct? The highest one can go is Manager now. I thought Garnet consolidated the roles.

and after Manager it goes to Community Manager aka Phantom then Garnet

4 hours ago, Garnet said:

Feel free to downvote but this seems like a major case of sucking up to Proggy. What permissions is it you think he's missing exactly, other than setmoney and possibly promoting people past admin? (which hasn't been a big issue as far as I know)

Garnet, I'm not trying to be a suck up to anyone; I don't want no personal gain from this. And like I said, I'm not too familiar with the SA perms, but I'm sure there are more. (i think adminprop is one of them, not too sure)

If anything, trusting Proggy with his ideas more would be great. I've heard them, and they are pretty impactful; I liked the explosive shop idea to help with the inflated community. Also, crates aren't too helpful. (realized yesterday) They are expensive and have a low percentage of dropping good loot. It discourages me, and may discourage others to continue purchasing them in the future. I simply want you to hear him out more, and give him any commands that would help the community even more.

I made this thread to assure you that he's a loyal and good person. (In case you have ever thought of giving him more power but not sure if he was the right person.)

3 hours ago, OpTic Gunner said:

-1 if proggy felt like he needed more power then he can do it himself. 

I believe he's tried asking for more power, but it was not given. People would know this, but the ones agreeing with Garnet are the ones who don't really even play DarkRP.

Edited by Boalp
  • Like 3
  • 300 IQ 1
  • Informative 1
On 8/18/2020 at 12:55 PM, Garnet said:

Feel free to downvote but this seems like a major case of sucking up to Proggy. What permissions is it you think he's missing exactly, other than setmoney and possibly promoting people past admin? (which hasn't been a big issue as far as I know)

Garnet. You said it yourself, Your activity will be limited and the time you spend "dedicated" to improving the servers are limited with you starting college and having an outside life. I don't understand your reasoning behind not allowing a manager to have the ability to promote someone to admin+. I would understand him not behind able to promote to manger but promoting someone 3 ranks lower than what he is is kinda ridiculous. We are more than half way through the month and i know of some players that still have received their admin rank because proggy doesn't have the ability to do so and you don't get on to promote. I think its a pretty essential thing to allow proggy to have the ability to promote to admin+ if you not even gonna be on the server to finish the rest of the job. I mean its like what maybe 2-3 people get admin per month. i don't see how you can spend 10-20 minutes of you time just hopping around to your servers promoting the players that earned their ranks, since you don't wanna allow your own managers to do so. Listen i'm not telling you how to do what you do. I'm just telling you its kinda unfair you aren't giving him what he needs to excel at his job.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Minxx - he can't promote players offline which prevents him from promoting half the staff team who isn't logged in when he is. Ofc he can't promote t.admin+ because of reasons however I believe he should be given these perms despite what previously happened-and what Garnet is trying to prevent.

Just now, xFish said:

Minxx - he can't promote players offline which prevents him from promoting half the staff team who isn't logged in when he is. Ofc he can't promote t.admin+ because of reasons however I believe he should be given these perms despite what previously happened-and what Garnet is trying to prevent.

Im pretty sure Chase use to promote offline people all the time. I don't believe that is the issue unless garnet has changed the ability to change ranks of steam id's.

Guest proggy

I'm happy to see many of you vouching for my character and work ethic. However Garnet is going to do what he feels is best for the server, and what he is most comfortable going forward with.  

We need to keep in mind the abuse that occurred under previous SA's. It sucks to not have a true SA due to the actions of people from the past, but it is what it is.

Garnet has good reason to be careful with giving any more permissions to people than is already set. I can technically do my job just fine without any more permissions as long as Garnet can promote any deserving Admin+'s each month. /staffpromote and /staffdemote working on offline players would be a huge help for me too, but its not critical. It would just turn promotions into a one-night project; rather than something that takes all month. We just have such a large roster for DarkRP, that it is quite annoying to wait for the better portion of 95 staff to come online to receive their promotion at random times, rather than pasting all the promotion commands at once like every previous SA has done.

As for not having prop admin mode, I don't blame Garnet at all for not giving this to anyone as there are many ways to abuse it.

The only other semi-useful command I can think of that would be cool for managers to have would be ForceRPName.

36 minutes ago, GrandDaddyStalin said:

And just like proggy said he can already do his job with his current position 

While he can do the job with his current position - there are a few commands that would certainly help him with his job

• Agree 1