Smitty's Moderator Application

Smitty

In-game name: Smitty
SteamID (https://steamid.io/): STEAM_0:1:155820777
Warns: 6
Timezone: Currently PST but moving to EST in a couple days
Playtime?:  | Smitty has played for 238:28:54.
Do you have access to TeamSpeak and a microphone?: [YES/NO] Yes
Do you have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos?:[YES/NO] Yes 
    Referral(s): [What administrator recommended you to apply?] N/A
    Past experiences as staff: [Optional] I used to moderate this server a couple years ago.
    Why should we choose you over other applicants? [minimum 2 paragraphs] Honestly I have no reason to be chosen over anyone else. Everyone has an equal chance of becoming a moderator. I have moderated on this server before, but that was years ago. I am just picking up the game again so I have a lot to learn again. I am a quick learner and am willing to put a lot of time into becoming the best mod I can be. I'm a reasonable person and will listen to both sides before coming to  a verdict of any kind. I feel like i can get along with anyone that comes to the server. Most of the time I'm just running around parkouring so I would spend a lot of time on duty if given the role.

Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, Include details
    Have you made any previous applications, If so when?: No
    How much time do you have to contribute to the role?: I am going to be quarantined soon for 2 weeks. I'm being stationed on the east coast and every time we move we have to quarantine for 2 weeks (this is due to Covid-19). 
    If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Garry's Mod? I'm in the military, going on for about a year now, so I don't do much other than play video games after work.
Did you read the staff rules?: Smitty

Edited by Smitty
  • Disagree 1

You will need teamspeak for staff meetings and make sure you find some sort out of way to record gameplay for evidence purposes. They will not proceed to give you a go ahead without either. Also the paragraph you wrote doesn’t meet the 2 minimum required of the application. -1

Edited by WreckEMsaints
Quick fix
  • Like 1
8 minutes ago, WreckEMsaints said:

You will need teamspeak for staff meetings and make sure you find some sort out of way to record gameplay for evidence purposes. They will not proceed to give you a go ahead without either. Also the paragraph you wrote doesn’t meet the 2 minimum required of the application. -1

I downloaded teamspeak but now I have to learn how to record

7 hours ago, Smitty said:

Warns: 6

7 hours ago, Smitty said:

Why should we choose you over other applicants? [minimum 2 paragraphs] Honestly I have no reason to be chosen over anyone else. Everyone has an equal chance of becoming a moderator. I have moderated on this server before, but that was years ago. I am just picking up the game again so I have a lot to learn again. I am a quick learner and am willing to put a lot of time into becoming the best mod I can be. I'm a reasonable person and will listen to both sides before coming to  a verdict of any kind. I feel like i can get along with anyone that comes to the server. Most of the time I'm just running around parkouring so I would spend a lot of time on duty if given the role.

Kind of short paragraphs, 6 warns, and I've never seen you in game. -1.

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies guys. Not really sure how 6 warns is a lot when I see people getting warned left and right. Also, a paragraph is 3-5 sentences so not really sure how that doesn’t meet the requirements for that. I haven’t seen a lot of you guys either in game. But again thank you for the advice and I’ll work on getting to know you guys in game. 🙂

Edited by Smitty
2 minutes ago, Smitty said:

Not really sure how 6 warns is a lot

I’m pretty sure you get a 3 day ban or something at like 10 warns, and you get kicked after every warn past 5(I think). And it is a lot of warns, I’ve played MRP for 2, almost 3 years, and I’ve only got about 8 warns, most of which were for Barrel flying.

As for your application, I agree with most things stated. A paragraph can be 3-5 sentences, but when you write professionally, a typical paragraph is 5-9 thus the paragraphs seem a little short. You also said you just came back, so I would’ve recommended waiting a week or two before you applied. 
-1 for now

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, Smitty said:

Thanks for the replies guys. Not really sure how 6 warns is a lot when I see people getting warned left and right. Also, a paragraph is 3-5 sentences so not really sure how that doesn’t meet the requirements for that. I haven’t seen a lot of you guys either in game. But again thank you for the advice and I’ll work on getting to know you guys in game. 🙂

at 8 warns u can be banned for a day, you just got back and already got 6 warns. Wait 2 weeks for the warns to go away and then reapply. Also, nobody really knows who you are so get yourself more known in the community.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Theta2 said:

at 8 warns u can be banned for a day, you just got back and already got 6 warns. Wait 2 weeks for the warns to go away and then reapply. Also, nobody really knows who you are so get yourself more known in the community.

Ok. Will do. Again thanks everyone for the constructive criticism. Can't wait to see you on the server.

• Like 2
  • Friendly 1

I think you could be a great staff member, but not only do you have a good bit of warns, but I just think your staff app could be a little more detailed. I don't think it really says a lot about you. I think once you get back into the community some more you could certainly make it. A lot of people don't really know you. -1 from me. 

-1 | Your warn count is pretty high. I know you say people are getting warned left and right but those players are either known active minges or just people getting on to mess around. More effort should be added as well in my opinion.