DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

ATVs in Echo

Weeb_

I think that ATVs would be absolutely amazing on echo. Can’t be that hard to put a good ATV into a car dealer right? I may not be a wiz on that type of stuff but it can’t be that hard right? 

This could benefit our server by enhancing the mobility of troops on the map.

• Like 1
  • Disagree 1
18 hours ago, WeebMaster said:

I think that ATVs would be absolutely amazing on echo. Can’t be that hard to put a good ATV into a car dealer right? I may not be a wiz on that type of stuff but it can’t be that hard right? 

This could benefit our server by enhancing the mobility of troops on the map.

We had this back in CS Desert it was really nice to get places quicker. It was accessible to people who paid the money for it.

20 minutes ago, Haqlash said:

probably glitches (ie. clipping through the map) depending on where you choose to take it.

And ngl I think an ATV would be too big in general if vehicles were being added to echo.

huh? there wasn't really bugs for it. and too big? isnt there vehicles already?

--

+1 Even though I'm not around for MRP It would be cool seeing ATV's make a return.

Edited by jaylen
  • Disagree 1

For people saying vehicles aren't suitable for the map, I'd be willing to challenge that. Small vehicles not made for rough terrain will obviously get stuck (crown vic) but I believe that the Humvee and LAV would work. I'll record a video tomorrow.
As for ATV's, Garnet has made it clear they won't be added back in a stream he did while making the new map.

Oh and @Haqlash, ATV's are quad bikes, about as small as you can get for a vehicle.

Edited by Gythem
  • Like 1
12 hours ago, Gythem said:

For people saying vehicles aren't suitable for the map, I'd be willing to challenge that. Small vehicles not made for rough terrain will obviously get stuck (crown vic) but I believe that the Humvee and LAV would work. I'll record a video tomorrow.
As for ATV's, Garnet has made it clear they won't be added back in a stream he did while making the new map.

Disregarding the size of the vehicles, I still feel that it ruins the flow and speed of gameplay on this specific map. Echo feels small as it has tighter spaces that create rather linear pathing (valleys and such), hilly terrain, and is mostly based in a forest. Of course, it'd be an interesting change and would still be worth trying, at worst it can just be reverted.

• 1 month later...