Using explosives or gas during raids on either side should be against the rules.

realAngel

Description: Basically just a new rule in the MOTD that says exactly what the title is.

Reasoning: It is impossible to raid a place when they can just keep you in a box
during your keypad cracking and bomb/gas you. 

You can't move and you can't retaliate because their explosive splash damage and gas 
can go through their walls while they stand from a distance, 
making any sort of retaliation or defense impossible.

This is just a fundamental flaw that was never thought of and needs to be addressed.
Edited by realAngel
just trying to make the suggestion format look better
  • Disagree 5
1 hour ago, realAngel said:

making any sort of retaliation or defense impossible.

It is possible, granted more difficult but possible. It just requires the right base building.

From what I know, there isn't much other use for the already extremely expensive explosive (in bulk like this post describes) other than raiding.

A recommendation to adjust the damage/splash/price of said items isn't likely though not entire impossible, but I don't think you'll get anywhere suggesting complete prohibition.

Edited by Toucan
Typo :o

Here's some tips if you fear rockets / nerve gas:

don't buy a small base that allows for splash damage of a rocket/gas anywhere you are inside.

don't build sections of your base that allow for rockets to be fired/gas to be thrown into your base

do buy a large base, preferably industrial or a warehouse base

do put your fading doors very close to the entrance

do stay away from your doors if you are not immediately being raided

keep your printers away from the doors/walls (unless its a wall on the edge of the map (like in industrial)

• Like 2
  • Winner 1

Then why the hell would you have explosives? No offense, but this is "KOS signs should have to specify shit" level territory. 

It reminds me very much of this post. I get vibes that you are just really salty that someone killed you with these, and you just can't handle that fact. Either that, or you really dislike things like explosives. @QuandaryJoe has some pretty good tips, and as for 

3 hours ago, realAngel said:

Reasoning: It is impossible to raid a place when they can just keep you in a box during your keypad cracking and bomb/gas you.

There are ways around this (baiting them into shooting their explosives, using your own explosives, deployable keypad cracker, many raiders, armor, etc.) I'm sorry, but this is a HARD -1.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 3

I don't really see the issue.

1. Explosives are expensive.
2. Explosives are easy to lose.
3. If you know how to make a base you won't have any issues with explosives.

People that don't want to get raided usually make explosive proof bases with long range shoot holes to avoid nerve gas. If you practice your base building or buy a good dupe you shouldn't have an issue.

33 minutes ago, realAngel said:

Everyone seems to be misinterpreting my suggestion. I was more focused on the raiders being the victims not the defenders.

5 hours ago, Lotus said:

1. Explosives are expensive.
2. Explosives are easy to lose.

15 hours ago, Shin_Tsukimi said:

There are ways around this (baiting them into shooting their explosives, using your own explosives, deployable keypad cracker, many raiders, armor, etc.)

Along with these two arguments, I would also argue that explosives can harm your own teammates on BOTH sides, so using them can end up killing you or your teammates while your defending your base. Also if only raiders and not the defenders could use explosives, thatd be a pretty stupid rule that would make a major unfair advantage for the raiders, worse than if the defenders have explosives along with the raiders. Raiders would be able to raid with their explosives, without consequences of if the defenders also have explosives. Im sorry, but this really is a stupid suggestion.

And as for this quote below, I dont think you realize how much that would hurt the server to do this, and not only would you have to refund credits for nerve gas, you'd have to compensate for all in game money spent on explosives that you can earn through unbox, its just not happening man.

16 hours ago, realAngel said:

The admins should take it off the dono portal and refund the credits because the people who have them have an unfair advantage.

Edited by Shin_Tsukimi

40 minutes ago, realAngel said:

Everyone seems to be misinterpreting my suggestion. I was more focused on the raiders being the victims not the defenders.

Both the raider and the defender are capable of owning rockets, gas, and grenades. When you raid someone who owns an OP base, you are obviously going to die (most of the time). Perhaps instead of suggesting to remove these tools that can be used by everyone, try not raiding people who will clearly wipe the floor with you.