[MRP] Faction Update | 11/23/2020

• MilitaryRP Super-Admin

logo.png

The changes listed in this update are effective immediately. Not all of the things listed are new, but will be included to provide more exposure to recent changes.

Great_emblem_of_the_Special_Operations_F

SSO is Back!

Etha-- everyone's* favorite faction is back in action! Russian special forces are a little ahead of the curve in terms of stability. Therefore, their locked faction is receiving it's key, while the US is not quite ready yet.

Your new SSO COL is @ResistOr (Soap for y'all who don't know) and helping him will be LT @PraetorDon. They're able to start recruiting ASAP, but i beg y'all don't spam them with PMs about tryouts and shit. It won't get you anywhere.

5d114b1be3ecba17fa5d0bf2?width=600&forma

Tryout Mandate

From this point on, all whitelists, besides commander, within Special Forces must require a tryout.

For example, as the 75th COL, when someone passes my main tryout, they unlock my rifleman (known as assault for some) whitelist ONLY. At that point, I need to regularly offer Field Medic and Ghost tryouts until everyone in my faction has the core 3 whitelists. You can NOT withhold players from using the Tiered WL's. They bought em, they get to use em.

To give you all some reasoning behind the change. One of the core reasons people play our MRP is for progression. They want to see their skill improve, faction change, rank change, and all that jazz. What this update provides is more opportunities for players to progress and develop their skillsets. Factions of old almost always required a tryout to unlock their 3rd class (the sniper & grenadier classes), we just took it one step further.

New Faction & Recruiting Rules

These rules have already been added to the Additional Rules page but are going to be listed here for exposure.

- Players who attain the paygrade of E-4, have a MAXIMUM of 14 days to pass their country's recruiter tryout. Failure to do so will result in a demotion to E-3. If players are caught attempting to loophole this rule, the punishment will be more severe.

- All SOC's must require, at the minimum, all people who tryout be E-4+ with their country's respective training designation.

• Like 4
  • Spicy 1
  • Agree 1
  • MilitaryRP Super-Admin
8 minutes ago, Zachman said:

but for medic?

Fair question. I’m not expecting some SWRP MedicRP bs. But to heal someone, you have to get to them right? So develop some movement sims or say scenarios where they have to get to a teammate who’s pinned down while being targeted by enemy soldiers. You can have them heal efficiently. IE: use their left and right clicks wisely when healing teammates, so they don’t overheal or under heal.

Edited by CAPT_Scoobs
  • Haha 1
  • Informative 2
  • Agree 2
2 hours ago, Ozzy said:

From this point on, all whitelists, besides commander, within Special Forces must require a tryout.

Will this mean everyone in all SOC factions will have to get there WL removed then do the tryouts for the separate classes? Or is it just for new people that join the faction from now on.

13 minutes ago, Oboshi said:

Will this mean everyone in all SOC factions will have to get there WL removed then do the tryouts for the separate classes? Or is it just for new people that join the faction from now on.

Current members of SOC factions will have their whitelists grandfathered in. It'll only be for new members starting today.

• Like 1
  • Informative 1
  • Agree 1
1 hour ago, Zachman said:

While im Glad to see SSO is back, I agree with the E-4 rules i disagree with them not receiving all the WL, yes sniper WL is very understandable but for medic? Why would you need to tryout for it when you can just but a med pack.

When I led GB I made my members tryout for Field Medic & Breacher. I had specialized tryouts for both. Of course, depending on who it was that tried out (if they were a longer time player of the server) I'd give them all 3 right away, but for those that are new and want to feel progression, i'd have them tryout for em seperately. It can also be a decent bit of fun, and give you guys something to do during peacetime when there aren't enough 2GA for a proper tryout and/or training of some kind. If you need help making Tryouts of any sort for the WL's ozzy mentioned, my DM's are always open man.

• Haha 1
  • Informative 1

Important Information

Terms of Use | Guidelines