DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Goodbye Don

3 minutes ago, Garnet said:

I personally would need the use of you guys' input to figure out how to make it more CQC oriented, in testing in my own environments and showcasing the map to the entire playerbase on Twitch, we didn't see a way for the map to end up a sniper fest.

lemme post a bunch of places that snipers are literally unfair real quick. @Zachman If you wanna hop on to help feel free

• Like 1
  • The Garnut
1 minute ago, Zachman said:

Also like people have said and don tired to do, we need to fix the cqc guns themselves because they are unreliable, also why not add more weapons? We have used the same ones for a long g long time, why not drop a bunch new ones in and make sure they work and are tested before they are dropped 

Why add more guns (purely aesthetic) when we still need to fix our current? There's no way to test guns in a closed environment. IT has to be on the main server under load with 40-60 players.

• Agree 1
26 minutes ago, huskaii said:

@Fier 0.0

I don't appreciate you bringing me up into this conversation. It's been months since I've directly offered anything to Garnet; in fact, our last private conversation (as far as I can remember) was back in April of this year.

I've got nothing else to say and won't be commenting on the rest of this thread but I would greatly like it if you didn't use me as an example to fuel your own witch hunt against other people, especially the owner of a community you're no longer active in. Thank you.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 3
  • The Garnut

update 2.0

Ok so me and Kendal had a conversation privately where I mostly yelled at him and him calling me a douche, but then we apologized to eachother and figured we should be more productive.

Kendal is officially going to  help me sort through the community and figure out what some necessary changes are, and in return, he can't say I "refuse help from people"

• 300 IQ 4
  • Haha 2

I've been holding this for a long time, but I feel like I need to express my opinion. Garnet, we appreciate all the efforts you make. This map probably took a lot of effort on your end, maintaining many servers on your back alone, and understanding how stressful or overload it can be attending to every server's needs. We and others feel like you require some assistance when it comes down to server content updates.

Yes, this map is excellent for being the beta( (reworks can be done), but it's beta. There some content more significant than the map. We can focus on Weapons , factions player models or new Lua features on the server to give players uniqueness.

As one of your community members, I would be humbly honored if you wanted help testing out reworks on weapons or testing out anything. I don't want to make it feel that we are bad-mouthing you and the server, but something as simple as ' All weapons Aim spread reduce '  As an update will help the server in many ways. I'm here if you have any questions,

I will help anyway I can

P.S I was tired when I did this let me know if you want me to clear up anything

Hope you feel better

Edited by Dexx
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
6 hours ago, Garnet said:

Here's that problematic server again.. finding room to be problematic again, with the generic "lets lay out the issues" post.

I'm sorry bud, but i'm personally over it. I'm perfectly okay with shutting down and feeling contempt knowing people wanted more than I had to offer.

Literally nobody is offering me free help, and i'm so sick and tired of seeing the same idiotic sentence put over the forums.

I quite literally will go off of suggestions and make updates to the server as per requested, what more do you need?

Not saying that we should shut down at all but IF we do, would we get our money back? cause if we don't thats gonna cause A LOT of anger with the community.

• Disagree 1
32 minutes ago, WeebMaster said:

Not saying that we should shut down at all but IF we do, would we get our money back? cause if we don't thats gonna cause A LOT of anger with the community.

Why would you get your money back for stuff that you already used? That’s like buying a car and when you have to return it. do you think you’re going to get your money back when you return it?     If you’re buying something on A game like this you should never expect to get your money back after the server closes, shutdowns.

• Agree 1
12 minutes ago, OpTic Gunner said:

Why would you get your money back for stuff that you already used? That’s like buying a car and when you have to return it. do you think you’re going to get your money back when you return it?     If you’re buying something on A game like this you should never expect to get your money back after the server closes, shutdowns.

would you pay still for Netflix if it shut down? (I know thats not how it works but just doing an example)

• The Garnut

6 hours ago, Dexx said:

We and others feel like you require some assistance when it comes down to server content updates.

If you guys feel like I need help, imagine  how I feel? finding genuine people wanting to help out is impossible to find.

6 hours ago, Dexx said:

We can focus on Weapons , factions player models or new Lua features on the server to give players uniqueness.

Too generalized. Make as suggestion of what you want changed.

6 hours ago, Dexx said:

' All weapons Aim spread reduce '  As an update will help the server in many ways. I'm here if you have any questions,

Yeah, a suggestion like that would be super easy to implement.

1 hour ago, WeebMaster said:

I'm just going to respond here to let you know this. A)We're likely not going to shut down anytime soon

B) When it comes to a purchase you made, unless you personally messaged me and let me know you're having troubles, IE: a guy recently got evicted and lost his job due to COVID, you are not going to see a fucking dime go back to you. When you purchased the credits you agreed to a TOS specifically mentioning we may shut down and things may change over time. Not only that, but you are free to utilize my services for free, I never asked ANYBODY to donate to the community, and at this point, this is my livelihood. That was just beyond disrespectful

PS

Please don't donate a dollar to me, I don't want your fucking money.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Agree 4
10 minutes ago, Garnet said:

If you guys feel like I need help, imagine  how I feel? finding genuine people wanting to help out is impossible to find.

Too generalized. Make as suggestion of what you want changed.

Yeah, a suggestion like that would be super easy to implement.

I'm just going to respond here to let you know this. A)We're likely not going to shut down anytime soon

B) When it comes to a purchase you made, unless you personally messaged me and let me know you're having troubles, IE: a guy recently got evicted and lost his job due to COVID, you are not going to see a fucking dime go back to you. When you purchased the credits you agreed to a TOS specifically mentioning we may shut down and things may change over time. Not only that, but you are free to utilize my services for free, I never asked ANYBODY to donate to the community, and at this point, this is my livelihood. That was just beyond disrespectful

PS

Please don't donate a dollar to me, I don't want your fucking money.

It was just a question. People are jumping on me like I'm a Japanese man in WW2.

This thread wasn't ever meant to throw shade at Garnet or attack him in any way. He and I discussed that in PM's over steam. This in my mind was a way to draw attention to issues that needed to be brought to the front of our conversations about MRP. He made a good point that these kinds of threads are made all the time, as a community from here on out we need to be far more active in letting Garnet know what we need, and we need to understand if it is something he can do or not.

So from now on, those talks we have isolated in our TS channels, or Discords about changes that need to happen should primarily take place on the forums. We should offer solutions along with our idea's of what classify as problems within the server.

If Garnet is able to make good on our solutions that we offer, we may see a whole lot of good come out of it and may not have the need for anymore of these kinds of threads. 

I'll be reaching out to members of the community to gather a consensus on important changes that need to happen sooner rather than later, and help keep Garnet informed on things we want. As Manager Ozzy is just as capable, and just as willing to give Garnet the feedback we give to him, so don't be afraid to talk to him either. 

I appreciate everyone that has given input on this thread as to potential ways to fix some of the problems I addressed, I hope to see your input in the suggestions.

Edit: And for the love of god if you have experience in modeling, coding, whatever please reach out to Garnet and let him know you'd like to help. I know some of you may have done so in the past, but keep pressing so that he knows you're willing to do so from now on.

Edited by Kendal
  • Like 2
50 minutes ago, Garnet said:

Hey man I'm 20 years old in community that I truly like anything to do help the server I would do it 

• Friendly 2