Alt limitation.

royk01

Description: [description of what you are suggesting, one paragraph minimum]
Okay so as you all know, recently alot of our players are starting to alt (wich is ok) but some of them are taking it a bit extreme, 5-10 alts each wich in my opinion is only a matter of time before the eco gets more ruined than it allready is.
in my opinion 1-2 alts+ ur main so (3 accounts max) total would be ok, but when people can do 5-10+ they just pull in 1-2m an hour for doing nothing.
and what i`ve also noticed is alot of these people base up together so they end up with even more printers, not gonna name names, but a few are from hex clan.
	Reasoning: [how would this benefit our server?]
it would limit the amount of money possible to make by 1 person, even if they are alting. wich eventually if people can keep 10-20 alts online in 1 base, eco`s gonna have to be reset in 1 year basicly.
	Additional Information: [Photos/Videos][/CODE]
Edited by royk01
  • Spicy 1
  • Disagree 10

-1 unless u have a fixed suggestion then idk why this is a suggestion? Yea Garnet can check Ips but worrying about players using alts is not a  issue worth addressing.  

edit- despite the concern some people might have I just don’t see this as a big issue. the server has been like this for months and server has been doing just fine. In the recent month it’s been doing great. I just don’t get  the great concern, this has no effect on the server and I would say the server has been like this for years with people using alts maybe not in the amount today. Even so there’s no different impact We’re still hitting really good pop on the daily,  

personally I just don’t think this is an issue that needs to be addressed. Dark RP is doing just fine. In my opinion Garnet has better issues to really care about then something that’s really not bringing down the player count or bringing down the server. If it was really Making players go and you saw the effect on the server with the population going down then I can understand but I just don’t again see this as an issue that needs to be addressed.

Edited by OpTic Gunner
  • Agree 1
14 minutes ago, OpTic Gunner said:

-1 unless u have a fixed suggestion then idk why this is a suggestion? Yea Garnet can check Ips but worrying about players using alts is not a  issue worth addressing.  

u might think so, but when 4 people basing together makes 50m+ every day thats a concern. given people will quit under another eco reset.

what happened last time

what will happen this time

or i mean we could just stick with this and have massive amounts of people with a billion+ 

Edited by royk01
Just now, royk01 said:

u might think so, but when 4 people basing together makes 50m+ every day thats a concern. given people will quit under another eco reset.

what happened last time

This makes no sense, as i been here for About 2-3 eco resets and the server hasen't died yet?

8 minutes ago, royk01 said:

what happened last time

or i mean we could just stick with this and have massive amounts of people with a billion+ 

Atls for printing? - Denied - Garnet Gaming

Garnet's Statement on this 

"Personally, I don't care if people use alts to farm printers if within reason, it helps support the server as it promotes our population. With that being said, if a player had 10 alts as you stated in this thread, I would more than likely disallow it and speak with them personally as to end it. HOWEVER, that is a completely made up fact. The most I've seen when it comes to different Steam IDs connected to our server using the same IP would be 3, and scenarios like that are all so common, IE: a family playing on our server (Phantom and Zoro are both brothers who have staffed on our MilitaryRP server in the past). Furthermore, to enforce this I would have to allow managers to view IPs, which I do not intend to do."

• Agree 1
15 minutes ago, OpTic Gunner said:

This makes no sense, as i been here for About 2-3 eco resets and the server hasen't died yet?

17 minutes ago, royk01 said:

1: i never said the server died.

2: i said people quit under the last eco reset.

15 minutes ago, OpTic Gunner said:

Garnet's Statement on this 

"Personally, I don't care if people use alts to farm printers if within reason, it helps support the server as it promotes our population. With that being said, if a player had 10 alts as you stated in this thread, I would more than likely disallow it and speak with them personally as to end it. HOWEVER, that is a completely made up fact. The most I've seen when it comes to different Steam IDs connected to our server using the same IP would be 3, and scenarios like that are all so common, IE: a family playing on our server (Phantom and Zoro are both brothers who have staffed on our MilitaryRP server in the past). Furthermore, to enforce this I would have to allow managers to view IPs, which I do not intend to do."

i mean this is about a year old:

hex didnt play here a year ago yet alone they didnt alt.

knoxx used to alt with alot of alts about a year ago (wich i can attest to given i showed him how to)

me idk if theres a money wipe, but seeing 10-20 people with 100m+ would make never people not even bother trying given they cant get the same items as them. (have had multiple sits on this. Aka people complaining they cant buy stuff cus they got nothing while people got 100`s of millions)

summary: im not making this for me, its mainly for newer players so they get a chance without having to resort to spending 50$ on alt accounts and another 100$on donations.

its supposed to be vanilla darkrp Gunner. but with the current eco sure as hell dont seem like it.

All in all, u can deny this garnet, i just wanted my mind stated on the issue.

P.S it also makes the server give us less props, given why 2-3 people share bases to share props

• Disagree 1
27 minutes ago, WreckEMsaints said:

I completely agree with Roy on this one. I find it super annoying that we allow players to farm off of alts when some of us are going solo. It’s definitely an unfair advantage especially for newer players who get discouraged when they see dudes with multiple millions. 

I kind of also agree with this as well. Using 5-10 alts is a bit extreme and does pose an unfair advantage to newer players. However it seems Garnet doesn't really mind this as it boost our server population which helps newer players stroll in. 

• Disagree 1

-1. Limiting the number of alts wont stop people from pulling 1-2 mil per hour. People can just buy printers, I dont know what you mean by ruining the eco im assuming pulling fuck tons of money an hour (that people will still do even with alt limitation). And there is no real issue with the alts, just let people base the way they want to. Having printers is not hurting the server in any way, people can still get as much money as people that use alts by buying printers. Its darkrp money is not a problem for the server new players will still join as always and grind for money. (I guarantee you that no one except the insane has 20 alts on at one time).

I'm going to -1 this, and here's why (and keep in mind this is coming from a person who literally can't run more then 1 instance of gmod at a time)

1. Having alts on helps the server population, and keeps us higher on boards. If we were to receive a point where we were at max population due to alts that would be one thing, but currently we haven't reached that issue.

2. How would we enforce a rule on alts? Somebody could theoretically just have a bunch of different people on different classes AFK or even dead to remain undetected. Would administrators have to check in every so often on a base with a certain amount of printers? If so, how would we know? The only way I could see us knowing would be if we legit just noclipped around and watched bases printer count, which is not going to happen. I'd like to see how you believe we can enforce this though, as I would hope you have some way of making this possible.

3. If we were to limit alts to 1-2, why not just give everyone access to spawning 6 printers instead and just say you can't have any alts? I'd like to see that explained as to why you would allow some over just upping the printer count, and removing alts entirely. This question would also tie into the enforcement question above, since this solution could also be exploited.

4. Garnet himself has already basically denied this in the past.

I could probably think of a few more if given time, but for now I'm going to stop here.

• Agree 1

The alts limit themselves but having to run the game several times. This is ridiculous to propose because as shin said how would this even be enforced? Not even to mention buying the game several times. If someone spent over $1000 on their PC, bought the game several times, and wants to bot then have at it.

• 300 IQ 1
  • Agree 4
10 hours ago, royk01 said:

You don't even know who we are, don't talk about other people when you don't know what you're talking about. I've been here since 2015 and our server has been reaching max pop every day the past 4 days and you are whining about it? Why would we remove something that is boosting our pop to max and getting us more players. Using alts will not cause an eco reset, as most players don't even have alts. People aren't getting 100s of millions, they are recycling their money into the server. Kind of the whole point of a good economy, ya know? There are many players purchasing permanent weapons and custom classes for other people that will spend their week-long earned millions. 

Edited by Meetro
  • Like 3
  • 300 IQ 1
  • Winner 1

First off we were here a year ago, that's where we got the clan name, you would know Hex was a player on the server at that time too if you were actually there, in fact, a year ago is precisely the time we and Hex were active 🙂 Also I was alting back then too 😉 

people complaining they cant buy stuff cus they got nothing while people got 100`s of millions

So what? If someone joins and complains that others have put time into the server to have money then they can politely fuck off. 🤷‍♂️

2-3 people share bases to share props

This is how the game works??????????? 😕

All in all, u can deny this garnet, i just wanted my mind stated on the issue.

The Suggestions area is not the place to state your mind in the since of basically just complaining, which is funny because you have been in TS with me talking about how you can out-farm us anyway with your one alt, and this exact idea has already been denied by the server owner himself. Why you thought it necessary to make this post in the first place is beyond me. 

• 300 IQ 3