Map Rotation Vote!  

89 members have voted

1. 1. Choose one | Optional Modifications in comments

• Option A - Omega
    • Option B - Echo
    • Option C - Delta
    • Option D - Chaharikar

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/06/2021 at 01:00 AM

• The Garnut

logo.png.4cb6b43af1dfb82a6175f06c4e9f8fc

Rotation Approximate Date: 2/5/2020

If voting for a map that you'd like updated, please let me know what you would like changed in the comments 🙂 I'm not going to do a complete overhaul, but a few minor fixes would be more than okay!

Example: I get bad FPS in X position (screenshot) of the map

Example: I would love if US base has another interior for X purposes

Example: I loved version 2 of Echo but it was somewhat unstable in FPS, please revise it?

Example: I would love if X objective was swapped with Z objective from the map Y

Example: I would love if we were able to go on the map Delta WITH VEHICLES. Potentially be able to get the Kingquad as a seasonal item for purchase (please note, some maps could not support vehicles, IE: Echo)

Example: Omega again but take down these fucking walls and just add more terrain!

Example: Create a mutation map by turning Delta into the same terrain that Echo is. Aka Forest Delta, then add Cars Garnet pls.

Option A

Omega - 2020

gr_xfhszd00np4c.jpg

gr_cf3gzhat7zo3.jpg

gr_ofwaqpbm4kr1.jpg

Option B

Echo - 2019

gr_oorjees3m5ly.jpg

gr_g24dn36b4ot3.jpg

gr_zdrg7vaqcdez.jpg

Option C

Delta - 2018

gr_3ngs2vc435yl.jpg

gr_zhlsnl8asil8.jpg

gr_0qh79jcax9ph.jpg

Option D

Chaharikar - 2017

gr_auwqk3ilshxo.jpg

gr_0a4w3qrwodvr.jpg

gr_5tbkq8f7i046.jpg

Option E

CSCDesert - 2016

gr_cf7m8fm8lw4p.jpg

gr_hlwiqawmoeju.jpg

gr_op93ywtrz0cz.jpg

NOTE: OPTION E IS A JOKE, COMMENTING ABOUT OPTION E, WHETHER IN A JOKING MANNER OR NOT WILL GET YOU WARNED. shut the fuck up nostalgia nerds, you don't even play and you would commit to playing to more than 2 weeks. You're just attached to the way life used to be when you didn't have to pay any bills and/or were happier in life

• Haha 1
  • Agree 2

I see a “lot” of people voting for delta and I can already see it that if delta drops again(or chaharikar since it is close) base camp will become a major issue. To counteract this, I think there should be a slight map rework to counteract base camp for both sides. The base render rule won’t work because of how close base is to Embassy so I think that there should be some additional cover maybe in terms of more rocks added or like a mini outpost or other barrier type obstacles outside of base(I’m obviously not a map designer), but something along those lines; you could even try adding an obstacle type building or maybe some watchtowers with additional covers outside of base and make it base camp if the other side goes in them. Overall, I feel that a change like this would help out immensely with that issue that we are having and as I said the same really goes for chaharikar if it gets chosen.

To further this, I feel that just adding more cover around the map, as in like almost miniature outposts(in a way), with like a watchtower and some barriers would help out a lot and filling in the large gaps in between obj’s/open areas that normally would have no cover and you would just get sniped in. Personally I find this a lot between US base and KH; and US base and Silo. RU would also need some of these too to make it not too in favor of US but I feel that once both sides are given this between objs it would definitely allow for more close quarters engagements, as people would be allowed to get into obj without getting sniped but also give new players(as well as old players) a fighting chance as players can have more cover to hide behind effectively giving them more options to shoot back rather than just dying from out of nowhere.

All in all I feel that this would make the server more enjoyable while not completely revamping the map.

Edited by hysteria
  • Agree 2
  • The Garnut

Can you all please stop, I did warn and say i'll be handing out warnings

2 hours ago, Garnet said:

COMMENTING ABOUT OPTION E, WHETHER IN A JOKING MANNER OR NOT WILL GET YOU WARNED. shut the fuck up nostalgia nerds, you don't even play and you would commit to playing to more than 2 weeks. You're just attached to the way life used to be when you didn't have to pay any bills and/or were happier in life

Again, these "OMG VETERAN PLAYERS" would not last even 2 weeks before they quit, just like they've done a dozen times before.

• Agree 1

I actually really like the idea of adding trees to Delta.

I voted for Delta because I genuinely like the map when I'm not getting sniped a centimeter out of spawn (although this seems to have been an issue the second time around simply due to lack of coordination by US recently). I think increasing the fog and adding trees and grass like seen on Echo would majorly improve it.

Just my ideas as someone who loved Delta the first time around (I know I don't really play anymore).

Edit: I also agree with hysteria on adding more cover outside of each base.

Edited by Gythem

I'd definitely like Echo. I know a lot of people prefer Delta, but I feel like Echo would be a nice change of scenery from the dusty brown foggy mess that is Omega. 

5 hours ago, Garnet said:

Example: Create a mutation map by turning Delta into the same terrain that Echo is. Aka Forest Delta, then add Cars Garnet pls.

This would also work for me. Just a general change of scenery is what I'm looking for.

@Garnet Would it be possible for you to do a stream showing the community what the delta would be like if it were to be a forest theme with some added tree’s and barriers and what not? I think that it would look cool and it would provide a different feel than the iconic sniper desert map. Also in general showing the community what the new map looks like before it drops just so that we don’t have the whole omega situation where everyone is like: “thIS iS nOT WhaT i hOPeD foR11!!”

If you're interested in having a quick look around each map, these are the workshop links. With Echo, the fog & non fog variants are vastly different, maybe have a look at both, the screenshots provided are from the No Fog version I believe.

Garnet Omega Beta: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2304685763

Garnet Echo (No Fog): https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1998046914

Garnet Echo (With Fog): https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1909806842

Garnet Delta: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1766530681

Garnet Chaharikar: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2017765369

And if you want to see the map you're not going to get: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=781832992

8 minutes ago, hysteria said:

so that we don’t have the whole omega situation

Most of Omega was streamed regularly, people knew exactly what they were getting.

Edited by Jake

I don't have much to say about fixing the maps, but all I have to say is I disagree with allowing Delta to come back. While I personally love the map, the last time we bought it back there was even more complaints. @ This point I think either ECHO or Chaharikar  is the best bet for  dealing with base camp etc. It seems like these two maps are overall better and we had higher population count on them. 

Delta has a strong lead, so I went around and found some issues, all of which are aesthetic, but nonetheless issues. When I played this map I was always stationed at Embassy so that's where the issues stuck out to me.

spacer.png

In this screenshot the models' lighting makes them super dark making it hard to identify the model....

spacer.png

but if you move slightly to the right, you appear bright as day...

spacer.png

here is a side-by-side

spacer.png

The trees' lighting looks very off to me, this is just an opinion but they look very goofy without shadows

Delta.

It's always been my favorite map even though I've only been on it once, and that's when it originally released. Probably because it's the first map that I came up on in the server. Anyway it'd be cool to see warehouse (or w/e the warehouse like obj on that map's name is) get replaced with an obj from another map. I personally liked mosque a lot on Omega.

Silo can probably use a couple of changes, maybe more than 1 way to actually get into the cap point short of lobbing grenades up the stairway hoping you'll kill whoever is camping there.

I also don't see the problem with staying on omega and just adjusting that map to make it better. We never got that Taiga theme update for it, nor did we get the update that would add more cover throughout the map and stuff. Overall, it'd be cool to see that map get the changes it should. If I could vote for both then I would.

• Agree 2

Delta. Basecamp was an issue forsure but with the sniper nerf I think it will be a bit harder for people to run out to common spots considering how flat the map is at some points. Notable spots were the "palm rocks" for basecamp. A counter to this could potentially be adding trench routes in the sand or viable cover spots, maybe something like the bunkers used around the map on TaigaForest/Siberia.

One major thing I will suggest though, is remove the RAVINE/easter egg. PUSH WAREHOUSE and SILO into the back corners of the map instead of how far they stick out rn. For a map with 3 OBJ's the ones in the corners could almost always have a spot that cuts off access to that obj and either a flank or entire route to MOSQUE.

I know I said a lot of things that sort of require some memory from these maps so if screenshots are needed, please reach out. Delta is by no means a perfect map but with some changes it could be really fun with the way combat is at the moment.

• Agree 2