Xen Cheeky's Staff Application

In-game name:  Xen Cheeky
SteamID (https://steamid.io/): STEAM_0:0:558015776
Warns: None
Timezone: Central Time Zone
Playtime?: Xen Cheeky has played for 434:44:45.
Do you have access to TeamSpeak and a microphone?: [YES/NO] Yes
Do you have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos?:[YES/NO] Yes
    Referral(s): [What administrator recommended you to apply?] Xen Linux
    Past experiences as staff: [Optional]  None on Garry's Mod.

Why should we choose you over other applicants? [minimum 2 paragraphs]   I believe I should be chosen over other applicants, because I have intentions of being very active on this server, I do believe I can and will contribute good to this server. I would have a great amount of hours to put into moderating the server. I do tend to keep to myself some of the time, I consider myself a kind person as I do not recall being toxic to any member of this server. I actively try to keep myself humble and put others first. I see myself as a committed player to this server, and I love helping others anytime I can. I will not take part in any abuse of my powers. I understand what responsibilities I would receive. I love spending my time on this server, I genuinely hope I can make others feel the same by keeping it a cool and safe server for them to enjoy the time they have on it. I see a handful of people each day I am on this server, breaking rules when there are no staff on, and during these times I just wish I can enforce the rules.  I am also good at managing multiple things at once, I can use this skill to help me with moderation.

I fully intend on doing my job correctly. I think I will be a great asset to have on the staff team, by saying that I mean that I am able to be active at later times of the day. I can handle stressful situations fairly better than some others. I am fair-minded to both parties inside of a sit. I simply will not let individualized care for any specific person get in the way of me doing and completing my job accurately. I will carry out rules onto anyone that may be disrupting the experience of a fellow player. I wish to make everyone's experience even better than it already is. I intend to be a great role model for new players, I aim to make everyone's experience here be a great one, especially if they're a new player to Garry's Mod or the server itself. I have been playing on this server since September of 2020. I truly care about the players of this server. I believe I can help players when there seems to be no admin activity. I usually see chaos after 10-11pm, I can't even count how many times I have seen complaints of players in OOC complaining about their reports not being accepted after long periods of time. I will be very committed to my staff rank, and I am very friendly which means I am comfortable with working and collaborating with a wide variety of people. I see myself working very well when faced with stress and pressure. I will stay on task. I will be very thorough with me decisions, I will be sure to think before using any of my power. With my playtime, I am understanding of how I can keep the community safer.
    Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, Include details: Yes, I have been banned once for about 2 weeks, I was raiding the Police Department as a citizen, I didn't notice that I was a citizen at the time, I had killed about 3 police officers, and that counted as mass RDM resulting in me getting banned for 2 weeks, and I was jailed way back when I first started playing Garry's Mod. I didn't understand anything and had a fail base.
    Have you made any previous applications, If so when?:  I have made no previous applications.
    How much time do you have to contribute to the role?:  I can be active 4-5 days out of the week, with at least 4-6 hours each day.
    If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Garry's Mod? I play Rocket League quite a bit, I also pressure wash porches etcetera I genuinely enjoy it, and plus it does bring extra cash into my pocket. I do like anime, usually just some action anime, mostly Shonen Jump.  I enjoy music usually rap, some rock, and alternative rap.
Did you read the staff rules?: Xen Cheeky Yes.

Edited by cheeky
fixing paragraphs & format
  • Like 1
12 hours ago, cheeky said:

I fully intend on doing my job correctly

Well yeah nobody intends on doing their job incorrectly.

After seeing some other responses, I'm gonna have to go with a -1 on this. Your paragraphs are okay, and I barely see you around. I will consider changing this if you fix the problems. 

Edited by aidanpoppas123
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

-1 I’ll change to a +1 if you fix your paragraphs and make them well enough. Right now, you pretty much repeat the same points over and over with the generic, “I’ll make the server better, I’ll take sits, etc.” Not a bad app, just fix your paragraphs and I’ll reconsider. A little advice here, it seems like you’re trying to explain to me that you won’t be a bad admin, but I want you to convince me that you will be a good admin.

• Like 1

Neutral.

Needs Improvement but has potential in the future. Going Neutral.

Allow me to rephrase this. I haven’t really seen you around much. I think your paragraphs are good but is generic. 

I am willing to change based on other responses and changes to your post.

Edited by boop_xyz
  • Like 1
  • Disagree 1
36 minutes ago, TingleTheMingle1 said:

Neutral

I have nothing against you, but looking at my fellow staff feedback. I’m gonna go Neutral, maybe improve your paragraphs a bit more. Without that much filler, yk?

41 minutes ago, boop_xyz said:

Neutral.

Needs Improvement but has potential in the future. Going Neutral.

Allow me to rephrase this. I haven’t really seen you around much. I think your paragraphs are good but is generic. 

I am willing to change based on other responses and changes to your post.

51 minutes ago, JackJJ said:

-1 I’ll change to a +1 if you fix your paragraphs and make them well enough. Right now, you pretty much repeat the same points over and over with the generic, “I’ll make the server better, I’ll take sits, etc.” Not a bad app, just fix your paragraphs and I’ll reconsider. A little advice here, it seems like you’re trying to explain to me that you won’t be a bad admin, but I want you to convince me that you will be a good admin.

57 minutes ago, Zachman said:

i mean your app was looking good but the paragraphs are a lot of filler of "i can make the server more enjoyable and be an asset to the team" i would suggest maybe going back and give better details of why you would be helpful or how you can make it enjoyable for the server 

everything else looked great though just fixed your 2 paragraphs since they are the most important part of the app. i also have never met you but im not -1 for that reason

Thank you for all of your feedback, means a lot to me!

I have added more to my paragraphs that aren't filler, I did the leave the old stuff in it though, and I will definitely have future edits.

Not sure what format you followed because yeah you filled in the spots with correct information but you shuffled them around. To me the little attention to detail goes a long way. Things that might seem small like this might not seem like much but they do matter. You say you can handle the stressful situations which is something kind of expected for any staff member. The best thing you can do is make sound reasoning and logical decision making when it comes to handing out whatever disciplinary actions. Just stay unbiased and only use sound evidence for everything. That means if you have to ban your friend, you do it. As far as how I feel about your application, It’s not awful by any means just take the time to really look at everyone’s feedback and make sure you really want this. I’m leaning more neutral due to the generic responses and the fact that you didn’t follow the format exactly. 

• Agree 1
3 hours ago, cheeky said:

I believe

You believe or you know ? 

because I have intentions of being very active on this server,

I mean being staff should mean you have intentions of being active but not much else stands out.

I would have a great amount of hours to put into moderating the server.

Saying you're active again

I do tend to keep to myself some of the time, I consider myself a kind person

Filler

I love spending my time on this server,

Alright filler

I see a handful of people each day I am on this server, breaking rules when there are no staff on,

Ehhh I don't think this is true... this is usually during the graveyard shift and we have people on during those times like my self so I dunno about that chief

and during these times I just wish I can enforce the rules.  I am also good at managing multiple things at once, I can use this skill to help me with moderation.

Filler

I fully intend on doing my job correctly.

Makes no sense why you put this FILLER

I think I will be a great asset to have on the staff team,

You think ? again

by saying that I mean that I am able to be active at later times of the day

Saying you're active again repeating yourself like several times

can handle stressful situations fairly better than some others.

I mean okay... but this is common

I simply will not let individualized care for any specific person get in the way of me doing and completing my job accurately.

So your doing what each staff should do right not be bias okay

I will carry out rules onto anyone that may be disrupting the experience of a fellow player.

saying your gonna do your job 

wish to make everyone's experience even better than it already is

filler

I aim to make everyone's experience here be a great one, especially if they're a new player to Garry's Mod or the server itself.

sooo eh ig filler

have been playing on this server since September of 2020.

Alright Filler cool

I believe I can help players when there seems to be no admin activity

so when is this ? usually we have staff on every hour 

I can't even count how many times I have seen complaints of players in OOC complaining about their reports not being accepted after long periods of time.

Ehhh I work graveyard shift I don't think ive EVER seen you on 

I will be very committed to my staff rank, and I am very friendly which means I am comfortable with working and collaborating with a wide variety of people.

so you just want to work together so the bare minimum

I will stay on task. I will be very thorough with me decisions, I will be sure to think before using any of my power. With my playtime, I am understanding of how I can keep the community safer.

You said to do this and its the minimum

Overall in your paragraphs they only say it is just the bare minimum no matter what, so much filler overall I haven't seen you on like you said you are during the night shift. Here on 2nd thought let me go into a bit more detail you also chose Red and Green... two colors that do not go together more or less BRIGHT AS HELL. Your paragraphs are 5th grade best at most work on them and you might get accepted also you might want to get more known I don't care about your playtime you aren't known to me at all more or less you have no contact with anyone on the team.

-1 your paragraphs are bad. 

@Theta2 you know what to do 

Edited by Fetn
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, JackJJ said:

A little advice here, it seems like you’re trying to explain to me that you won’t be a bad admin, but I want you to convince me that you will be a good admin.

This was well said^

Neutral coming from me, Touch up the paragraphs a bit, its very repetitive of "I will do this and that" 

I'll keep myself updated on this and I'll possibly change my rep.

Why should we choose you over other applicants?

despite all other staff members comments, you answered this quite well to be honest. I haven't seen much of you in game from my experience but the paragraphs look pretty good to me. Simple and answers the question to why we should choose you quite well 🙂  +1

To Staff: don't over complicate every little thing in a paragraph, we are Gmod players, not NASA scientists 

• Agree 1
8 hours ago, Fetn said:

@Theta2 you know what to do 

Cough

11 hours ago, cheeky said:

I believe I should be chosen over other applicants, because I have intentions of being very active on this server, I do believe I can and will contribute good to this server.

Run on sentence but alright.

I will not take part in any abuse of my powers.

Yes, that is what we expect of a staff member. This doesn't make you much different from others.

I believe I should be chosen over other applicants, because I have intentions of being very active on this server, I do believe I can and will contribute good to this server. I would have a great amount of hours to put into moderating the server. I do tend to keep to myself some of the time, I consider myself a kind person as I do not recall being toxic to any member of this server. I actively try to keep myself humble and put others first. I see myself as a committed player to this server, and I love helping others anytime I can. I will not take part in any abuse of my powers. I understand what responsibilities I would receive. I love spending my time on this server, I genuinely hope I can make others feel the same by keeping it a cool and safe server for them to enjoy the time they have on it. I see a handful of people each day I am on this server, breaking rules when there are no staff on, and during these times I just wish I can enforce the rules.  I am also good at managing multiple things at once, I can use this skill to help me with moderation.

Half of this paragraph is just saying how much you love helping others and the server in general. Which is good, if it wasn't half of ur paragraph. couple run on sentences.

fully intend on doing my job correctly.

Yes, that is what we expect from a staff member and every applicant.

12 hours ago, cheeky said:

I fully intend on doing my job correctly. I think I will be a great asset to have on the staff team, by saying that I mean that I am able to be active at later times of the day. I can handle stressful situations fairly better than some others. I am fair-minded to both parties inside of a sit. I simply will not let individualized care for any specific person get in the way of me doing and completing my job accurately. I will carry out rules onto anyone that may be disrupting the experience of a fellow player. I wish to make everyone's experience even better than it already is. I intend to be a great role model for new players, I aim to make everyone's experience here be a great one, especially if they're a new player to Garry's Mod or the server itself. I have been playing on this server since September of 2020. I truly care about the players of this server. I believe I can help players when there seems to be no admin activity. I usually see chaos after 10-11pm, I can't even count how many times I have seen complaints of players in OOC complaining about their reports not being accepted after long periods of time. I will be very committed to my staff rank, and I am very friendly which means I am comfortable with working and collaborating with a wide variety of people. I see myself working very well when faced with stress and pressure. I will stay on task. I will be very thorough with me decisions, I will be sure to think before using any of my power. With my playtime, I am understanding of how I can keep the community safer

This paragraph is just a rewording of the first one.

I'd say make your reasons to be chosen over others different in the second paragraph, but keep the first one!