DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

General Weapon Rebalancing

-1, Whilst I understand all weapons and donator items are subject to change at garnets go ahead. But (Relating to what Zachman is saying) people donated money for the weapons and the stats it currently has it's also gone through some nerfs in the past if I recall with this nerf it'd be basically lowering the weapon to entry faction level which isn't what most people donated for. Some people dont have the capability nor the motivation to join certain special forces and the Orsis and Mosin are good alternatives instead of trying to spend hours practicing certain parkour or constantly re attempting to pass a tryout. I would also like to add onto the fact that I personally dont believe these updated stats would balance out with the IRL cost of the weapon.

Edited by Horseyy
  • Dumb/Shitpost 2
1 hour ago, Horseyy said:

-1, Whilst I understand all weapons and donator items are subject to change at garnets go ahead. But (Relating to what Zachman is saying) people donated money for the weapons and the stats it currently has it's also gone through some nerfs in the past if I recall with this nerf it'd be basically lowering the weapon to entry faction level which isn't what most people donated for. Some people dont have the capability nor the motivation to join certain special forces and the Orsis and Mosin are good alternatives instead of trying to spend hours practicing certain parkour or constantly re attempting to pass a tryout. I would also like to add onto the fact that I personally dont believe these updated stats would balance out with the IRL cost of the weapon.

My counter to this is, well, it has already been changed numerous times in the past, as when i first got it, i could snipe with that thing from Comms to US Base on CSCDesert. And again, the weapon isnt made to overshadow whitelist weapons, it is to fill in a gap, to be a backup. If i wanted to play on GRU Sniper, i would use a different weapon for other ranges. If i was on SSO SMG, i would use both the SMG and its grenades, as well as using a donator weapon (Say an M14, my old choice of long range tool) to fill in that gap.

Donators are not meant to be weapons that just become your default loadout, although they are completely welcome to be, they are meant to expand your capabilities, to open paths that allow you to become a "multi-tool" on the battlefield. Just food for thought, I don't mean to sound aggresive in the case i do.

-1 I own both the Mosin and the AEK and after a solid month or so I still get dunked on by others 6 to 7 times out of ten. I feel they are balanced enough as it is and I don't feel we should devalue the guns that bring revenue to the server by nerfing them.

Here this is coming from a uh fucking SWEAT on MRP 

The Orsis/Mosin are both god tier but It will still most the time if your aiming neck above 1 tap so a damage reduction wouldn't do to much to those guns. 

The AEK lowering the  DMG to 30 damage would only make it a 4 tap but just one head one body will kill someone. 

+1 for the weapon changes 

• Like 3

I do agree that class specialization is very important. However, I would need to see some balance changes to RU and US weapons before I'd be okay with +1ing this. I think its a noble idea though

Neutral

• Cringe 1
  • Community Director
15 hours ago, Gildarts said:

To be honest from my perspective, we have had so many "rebalances" that turn into more rebalances, It should just be set a way and done no ones ever happy with the outcomes and some are. So its a mute point to waste time and resources. Plus theres a reason theyre donator guns.

Yes, however donator weapons are always left out because people rely on them as a crutch in war (myself included). Donator weapons should SUPPLEMENT your loadout. NOT replace it. The fact that you can play virtually any class, and just use the AEK/Mosin/Orsis and makes you have an incredible advantage is not how the system was intended. 

3 hours ago, Kurtle said:

I do agree that class specialization is very important. However, I would need to see some balance changes to RU and US weapons before I'd be okay with +1ing this. I think its a noble idea though

Neutral

If you feel change is needed, then you should likely +1 - this would indicate to the executive team that change is wanted.

---

By no means is Kurtle the only one to say this: If you believe that change to the weapons should occur including SOME donor weapons, then you should +1 this - this shows that there is wanted change. People often mald in TS or OOC about getting one shot or getting lasered from across the map, but when comes time to open the doors for possible change, fall very short on it (including people opposing this change). 

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

I want this change but not that much. I think what we could do is penalize non-headshots a little more, but an upper torso/headshot still be a one shot. While arm and leg damage is significantly reduced(but still a 2 shot)

• Agree 2
On 5/20/2021 at 11:57 AM, AlexConway said:

Yes, however donator weapons are always left out because people rely on them as a crutch in war (myself included). Donator weapons should SUPPLEMENT your loadout. NOT replace it. The fact that you can play virtually any class, and just use the AEK/Mosin/Orsis and makes you have an incredible advantage is not how the system was intended. 

If you feel change is needed, then you should likely +1 - this would indicate to the executive team that change is wanted.

I actually disagree with this, simply because I use the guns because I donated for them; Not because they are "op" I feel alot of people do the same, but sure theres people who do it they way you describe. But to me the 5-10% difference on the aek dosnt matter. The snipers I still think should all be the same but a donator is a donator. Theres a reason each one of these guns are on the !credits menu. You can earn your right to use one if you don't choose to support the server you play which in my complete opinion is a fair trade off.

• 2 months later...

Accepted

We have been discussing donor guns quite a lot, the change may not happen exactly as described here but we are certainly looking to change the meta from donator back to class based weapons.

• Friendly 1