DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Amiss/Yurri ban appeal

Tuna

@Jackal not gonna go quote your entire post, but let me dumb down the situation for you considering that Yurri seems to have done a poor job explaining what happened. Yurri was a no-name who came on the server, cheated, and got banned. He later ban evaded, never cheated again, became staff, lead factions, all that shit, and then got caught.

• Like 1

+1 
I knew Yurri for a short period of time before he was banned i doubt he remembers me as i was a no name at the time, but from what ive heard he was banned in the past came back and became a huge part of the server and did a lot to help out and i believe we should give him another chance to prove himself 

4 hours ago, Jackal said:

'm confused then. Because the "ban reason" in the appeal is literally Cheating/ban evasion and even in the "What happened" describes exactly that.

Cheated on 1 account, got banned, came back on his Yurri account, didnt cheat. He's appealing the ban for the Yurri account's Ban Evasion. Not the account banned for cheating. If that makes sense

5 hours ago, Jackal said:

EDIT : Though I don't really care if you play other servers but it's up to their respective executives to determine if the ban should be applied there as well. Unless Garnet decides otherwise of course.

11 hours ago, Horseyyy said:

-1 to an MRP Unban, Forum Unban, and Teamspeak Unban

1+ to the removal of Yurri’s bans on Rust, DRP, or any other GG related server (Outside of MRP)

Exactly this, your appeal is almost exactly the same as oatlife and should be treated just the same. Although the community ban was maybe a bit much, especially from rust as thats an entirely different game. As for trying to "earn" an unban, i personally feel that you dont just ask for that. That should be something that you do yourself to show others that you are worth unbanning.

4 hours ago, Mavv_ said:

became a huge part of the server and did a lot to help

Also this, you say he became a huge part of the server, when in reality he really wasnt. Sure he led a faction and was staff, but there are hundreds of other people that did that. There will always be more people like yurri that join, especially with the new updates rolling out.

TLDR - I agree with Horse's verdict, -1 for MRP unban, and consideration of unban on other Garnet servers

• Dumb/Shitpost 1
  • Agree 4
1 hour ago, Party said:

what yurri did was cheat on his 1st account get banned, open a second account and play like a normal person would

you do realize how dumb you sound right? Literally endorsing ban evading as staff. Regardless he cheated, was banned, then ban evaded. Same as oatlife whether you like it or not.

Yurri - Cheated, was banned, alted and led a faction and was staff

Oatlife - Massed, was banned, alted and became a prominent officer in Rangers

almost the exact same scenario, and if you ask me a mass is far less worse than what yurri did. Just goes to show the bias within the staff 

Edited by huskaii
  • Dumb/Shitpost 1
  • Toxic 1
  • Haha 1
  • Winner 1
  • Agree 2
  • StarWarsRP Management Team
4 minutes ago, huskaii said:

Just goes to show the bias within the staff 

Part of these appeals is contribution to the server if they were unbanned. Some staff members know Yurri better than they know Oatlife, and are therefore better suited to determine if the person would contribute if unbanned, hence their response. (This is a presumption and I cannot speak for every staff member)

7 minutes ago, huskaii said:

Literally endorsing ban evading as staff.

Clearly not, as that is what got him community banned.

7 minutes ago, huskaii said:

Same as oatlife whether you like it or not.

Oatlife was not originally banned for ban evasion, then admitted in an appeal for Mass RDM that he has since ban evaded (admitting to deserving another perma ban in a perma ban appeal), whereas Yurri's appeal does not admit to further ban evasion.

I've avoided responding to this appeal prior to your comment, because I'm neutral on the matter so felt I provided nothing to the appeal. I know Yurri has the potential to contribute, but I'm in no position to make that judgement, and that is the same position I had on Oatlife. My responses to you are a matter of explaining the situation better, not a declaration of support for this appeal.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 2
1 hour ago, Party said:

this is nothing like outlife, what outlife did was vet mass and ban evade which got him banned

This is literally incorrect. He was banned for vet mass, not ban evasion. 

1 hour ago, Party said:

now for yurri, complete different scenario, what yurri did was cheat on his 1st account get banned, open a second account and play like a normal person 

Oatlife did something significantly less damaging to the server than yurri. Oatlife shot a rocket at some friends during low pop and was banned. It's incredible how you argued with me in discord for 30+ minutes about technicalities around Oatlife's situation, when now you go right back on your word and say this person should be unbanned, despite having an original offense that is much more worse than mass and damaging to the server. 

1 hour ago, Party said:

without cheating, got staff and lead a faction (GRU) and had a positive effect on the server overall, really nice guy I haven’t seen him toxic once.

"Oatlife came back, without cheating, became Ranger 2LT and had a positive effect on the server overall. After this, he went to SWRP to lead 2 factions. He was a really nice guy I haven't seen him toxic once."

1 hour ago, Party said:

I’m sure bishop would know that I was the law is the law no matters what, and when we talked he in time got me to get a open mind 

So you now agree that Oatlife should be unbanned? 

1 hour ago, Party said:

and also when he got banned he wasn’t doing harm in that second if we compare it to outlife ban, he was helping it. 

This makes actually 0 sense. He was cheating, while Oatlife fucked around with some friends during low pop. Also, how does cheating help anything???

24 minutes ago, Theos said:

Oatlife was not originally banned for ban evasion, then admitted in an appeal for Mass RDM that he has since ban evaded (admitting to deserving another perma ban in a perma ban appeal), whereas Yurri's appeal does not admit to further ban evasion.

It's sometimes incredible to read takes like this because you're saying that Oatlife is worse than this player, because Oatlife was honest and admitted to a wrongdoing during an appeal. This player literally cheated, ban evaded until he was CAUGHT, then decided to appeal. This player never stopped and admitted to his evasion, he did it for as long as possible. At least Oatlife stopped, waited a very long time, then appealed with some merit from SWRP. I can't believe you actually think that Yurri's situation is somehow more justifiable than Oatlife's. 

In regards to this appeal, I supported Oatlife's appeal because his original ban was for a harmless vet mass with friends during low pop. He was honest and came forward about his evasion during his appeal, rather than attempting to be a snake and gambling that no one would notice. I don't support this appeal because personally, I don't think we should ever allow cheaters past or present to take part in this community without doing something directly related to their situation, as pencil did (where he came back to catch the very same cheaters that plagued the server). 

I am an advocate for second chances and trusting people who have proven they have changed, but while Oatlife remains banned, there is no way for me to justify this player being unbanned. -1 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 3

8 hours ago, acer said:

@Jackal not gonna go quote your entire post, but let me dumb down the situation for you considering that Yurri seems to have done a poor job explaining what happened. Yurri was a no-name who came on the server, cheated, and got banned. He later ban evaded, never cheated again, became staff, lead factions, all that shit, and then got caught.

Oatlife also ban evaded, and was a role model within the community but you guys granted him no compassion... weird you're doing it here.

• Like 1
  • Winner 1
  • Agree 2
  • StarWarsRP Management Team
4 hours ago, bishopil said:

It's sometimes incredible to read takes like this because you're saying that Oatlife is worse than this player, because Oatlife was honest and admitted to a wrongdoing during an appeal.

Please read my full statement before telling me what I'm saying, and how that view I don't hold is wrong

5 hours ago, Theos said:

I've avoided responding to this appeal prior to your comment, because I'm neutral on the matter so felt I provided nothing to the appeal. I know Yurri has the potential to contribute, but I'm in no position to make that judgement, and that is the same position I had on Oatlife. My responses to you are a matter of explaining the situation better, not a declaration of support for this appeal.

• Spicy 1
5 hours ago, Theos said:

I know Yurri has the potential to contribute, but I'm in no position to make that judgement, and that is the same position I had on Oatlife. My responses to you are a matter of explaining the situation better, not a declaration of support for this appeal.

Would just like to state that this is my stance as well, before somebody decides to disagree with the support that I haven't given.

20 hours ago, huskaii said:

Exactly this, your appeal is almost exactly the same as oatlife and should be treated just the same. Although the community ban was maybe a bit much, especially from rust as thats an entirely different game. As for trying to "earn" an unban, i personally feel that you dont just ask for that. That should be something that you do yourself to show others that you are worth unbanning.

don't know much about Oatlife, but I've heard the situations are quite different.

18 hours ago, huskaii said:

you do realize how dumb you sound right? Literally endorsing ban evading as staff. Regardless he cheated, was banned, then ban evaded. Same as oatlife whether you like it or not.

Ok hold on a second. I'm sorry, but you realize how dumb YOU sound here? I don't think any staff member was endorsing any sort of evading, knowing that it led to a comm ban.

and if you ask me a mass is far less worse than what yurri did... ...I agree with Horse's verdict, -1 for MRP unban" -Huskaii, September 14

"But he[ozzy] literally did the exact same thing, if not worse. You can try and defend him[ozzy] however you want, but its still bias. The fact he[ozzy was unbanned while others weren't is proof of that." - huskaii, April 7th

"Doesnt make sense why he[ozzy] was unbanned AND given staff back, while Yurri is left perma banned. " -Huskaii, April 7th

Funny how there are easy sides taken until the appeals are treated differently...

Oatlifes situation, like party said, and from what ive heard, is different.

17 hours ago, bishopil said:

Oatlife did something significantly less damaging to the server than yurri. Oatlife shot a rocket at some friends during low pop and was banned. It's incredible how you argued with me in discord for 30+ minutes about technicalities around Oatlife's situation, when now you go right back on your word and say this person should be unbanned, despite having an original offense that is much more worse than mass and damaging to the server.

ok? I came back, applied for staff and got accepted within 10 days of being back, made my way to T.Admin, got staff MVP my first month, become a faction leader in less than a month of being in the server, basically reformed and fixed GRU from where it was, and became a Ranger 2LT right before my ban. I bet most people you talk to that knew me would say I'm a nice guy too. Without cheating I will add because in you mext paragraph, you make it sound like I was cheating the whole time--which couldnt be farther from the truth

17 hours ago, bishopil said:

At least Oatlife stopped, waited a very long time, then appealed with some merit from SWRP.

nowhere i can get merit from right now, so I'm not sure how youd like me to go about this.

17 hours ago, josh_cm said:

Oatlife also ban evaded, and was a role model within the community but you guys granted him no compassion... weird you're doing it here.

little bit of a different situation from what I've heard. Also, i literally was told by the owner of GG, who is fully aware of the situation, to check at the appeals in a couple months. (via cya around - Topic from Introductions & Departures).

-Yurri

Sorry for the double ping. I had to edit the post. ) Tuna

• 2 weeks later...