DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

[MRP] Skirmish

Ziggy

• StarWarsRP Management Team

How would this work on Taiga v3, which appears to be the next map coming and presumably isn't too far away.

Referring to Skirmish objectives

Edited by Theos
  • Forums Moderator

I’d like to add something to this and just hear your thoughts. With the money you receive for holding a point i think that a small portion should go into a team vault or keep. This could be used for buying vehicles or buying back kidnapped soldiers. Then with this keep maybe you can steal some money from the opposing side by raiding. I don’t know if garnet or time could make that a possibility but it’s just a thought

also +1 to the new war system 

• Agree 2
2 minutes ago, Theos said:

How would this work on Taiga v3

Unfortunately I am not entirely educated on the layout of that map since it's been so long, but I assume there are portions of the map that could serve as small objectives. If not, then portions of big objectives can be utilized as smaller ones kinda like the [CRANE] objective I included. 

2 minutes ago, Python said:

I’d like to add something to this and just hear your thoughts. With the money you receive for holding a point i think that a small portion should go into a team vault or keep. This could be used for buying vehicles or buying back kidnapped soldiers. Then with this keep maybe you can steal some money from the opposing side by raiding. I don’t know if garnet or time could make that a possibility but it’s just a thought

I didn't provide any definitive reward and only suggested some, but this would be a cool concept if it's possible and would totally work hand-in-hand with this suggestion. 

• StarWarsRP Management Team

Should've put this in my earlier comment but how would the rewards be handed out? Would it need to be handed manually by a staff member, or automatically by the server for having an objective claimed at the end of the timer?

The reason I'm asking if you suggested the usage of claims during Skirmish, but if, for example, a faction used a claim in Skirmish and incidentally capped the location would they also then get the reward at the end of the Skirmish?

1 minute ago, Theos said:

automatically

Automatically would be the idea. I assume something can be created in which whatever team is holding x objective when the timer up, all players on x whitelist receive their reward from the server. 

2 minutes ago, Theos said:

The reason I'm asking if you suggested the usage of claims during Skirmish, but if, for example, a faction used a claim in Skirmish and incidentally capped the location would they also then get the reward at the end of the Skirmish?

Ideally, I would like to see some sort of system in which claiming an objective essentially "turns it off", but I don't know how possible that is. As I mentioned, there are a lot of obvious problems that present themselves if we want to allow factions to claim during skirmishing, so maybe it's best we just don't allow it. If it's possible to work in, then I'm all for it. Another solution could be to increase the amount of time in the post-skirmish peacetime to 30/45mins to allow more time for tryouts, but I feel like the hour and 20mins should be enough. 

• Like 1

+1 i’ve talked to you about my thoughts in dm’s. After you elaborated more this is my conclusion on what it could bring. It would bring more RP which people complain about, encourage players to make friends, and give players a reason to climb the ranks. 

+1, would give reason for recon squads as they can actually get intelligence on 'suspicious civilians' moving towards and objective. There should definitely be rules about basecamping during Skirmish though.
To decentivize basecamping, we could make it so that in order for objectives to be capped, you must stay on them. So if you are off of the objective, the % will constantly drop down.

4 hours ago, Python said:

small portion should go into a team vault or keep. This could be used for buying vehicles or buying back kidnapped soldiers.

Hear me out, how about something more like artillery strikes and air strikes that certain people could use. So the GA/Marshal would delegate as to who has permission to use each bank, preferably a whitelist and not steam:id tied as to avoid people using it while on a different life/character. These would only be usable during war/skirmish and would have a cooldown while costing huge amounts of money from the 'team fund'. Also maybe during war we could make it not usable on bases but during skirmish we could for some more chaos :).

Let me know of your thoughts.

Edited by Pencil
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
4 hours ago, bishopil said:

Unfortunately I am not entirely educated on the layout of that map since it's been so long, but I assume there are portions of the map that could serve as small objectives. If not, then portions of big objectives can be utilized as smaller ones kinda like the [CRANE] objective I included. 

Well I think comms was on v3, near the crashed blackhawk by fac, so that could be one, another one could maybe be the graveyard by old RU base, perhaps that's a stretch because it's literally just outside their base. Maybe both faction outposts. Honestly I'm not sure if there are sufficient tiny locations on v3 to support this type of gameplay, although I do like the concept, I don't know if its do-able, would definitely have to see the map again.

18 minutes ago, Bortnik_ said:

the map

I went ahead and found a bunch of possible objective locations. 

Ip2etPzXe3X1xBOQH-fsnNM9aHfYVyq7ZVuzvHSQzMv6r-cSGHV93M0e8zLRd4Ef4s_eVWWqWOcK8fMLzBYLBA0plot3i2NdHO_Eza19JsagZkgUxZ1v1ZJV55cdjgOTwQzWDwpI=s0

[AFG OUTPOST]

QiZTZe9Ez-U6Ho4qZOTHDoZ9oD4Q5j61XI6tyT6mGLUzKlh3rbDw7U9QyfnL-XO9DYavtVI3uAnOiLz_Et0ml4OKz6BEodmRmk3vO962pCKxZVPdSJlOl2mDU8XHjeNJ_Ve6Su4d=s0

[BLACKHAWK] 

FB1JYKtLsoHzfUSpOJmH2_dlmFQ0kou1hPV-6WJfzwDQg9C721ugcQ9creFgtCjUXQkZS1UejzrfRyO93WKG1LP3tigqgsxkYQt-6Lf-DPinleVwDx5-85rlrMZLOkrsODtUiccg=s0

[THE CRIB]

6R7vnT6cFYDNRnP34TTCu-bbhrVIn-yba0WuwVX1y_Una0FTEcE5eaqHxv7DQ6BJI9PEHzCwVlzzS3oN8LD0aq9NB9lGK0N7Kta3aqy7c0o-euE9NSKTrQDm71faxRAVg2THbzy2=s0

[REFINERY]

OIo-mopVc6TE93yiFS0tmKTI5nyAGLnjXWemhRx8CqkwDf3ZWVj0CaIoFCxmVGX1smAGKiVJKirHEHHrifP7463yLE1lYJwETfXbiRcRJ8_IkAlv9ZbCX9famENweLggVKHbkDbQ=s0

[GRAVEYARD]

hkwfi0JSGvhFZWSez97CaZVJifvQDvP_m8hiJfopI-i--zH9EUw8zhyV05HOFDjpdry9Y1gpQB7Z3HhlzMvz9KfJimUGn2YQtl3gpTVsRyhnvJ_kSz-AiDQRhjJAz4kxQOcAdYpF=s0

[LUMBER]

rmNKuwDDSoNnbBK2J7DhI9ARa06CCHsIz8Xz3zUhBMZFJi6TwJerNNrfoPupp1MDZRbhHGyQULTaeQfQmdm7AcNswhk_xQ0fWwBC5cf7lb5wvv-1ySy4e2fNdTax-hv0Qm0JVdV3=s0

[PEAK]

bQkAMg9PJwwXtNxj1a4aRqT1a3-W0KFtF2Rj0KAtC0faC8GFExRxx34hioKB4EIhnDMS1149jyJ2ZXcqTyzUBWcFTz0zxs8_1uR2_KeG0CrDsf80_VxTDp22h1b3UG_6qSWV7YYN=s0

[BUNKER]

41SdKVkssNYP6eXiiyqoozx2ss-Ap2zUwftXffHgt0sdmqUpS0avXI-uTvKhnUgQqDrYG6svvsrJIc5-yMAys4MCTnxJOLtVPA9kAD4_PUXOdaKmgZ0ZhRaCGobCDZKWuIZ9pu5e=s0

[US OUTPOST]

Edited by bishopil
  • Like 2
22 minutes ago, Orange said:

-1. Dont think we should be stealing ideas from other communities, just come up with something on your own

Lately, MRP has been super stagnant in terms of stuff to do. Who cares if another community uses multiple OBJs in a war? This point is completely irrelevant, the AFG remodel update has been really refreshing. So i'm sure something like this would also be super refreshing for the MRP playerbase. 

Overall, +1. I love the idea of having essentially another war period where peacetime activities can still occur. 

• Agree 1