DarkRP Rules Updated (4/28/2024) ×

Corbz - Moderator Application

Corbzz

In-game name: HG Corbz
SteamID (https://steamid.io/): STEAM_0:1:44388217
Warns: 0
Timezone: EST
Playtime?: | HG C̶o̶r̶b̶z̶ has played for 1092:23:30.
Do you have access to TeamSpeak and a microphone?: [YES/NO] Yes
Do you have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos?:[YES/NO] Yes
    Referral(s): [What administrator recommended you to apply?] Rosie
    Past experiences as staff: [Optional] Been a staff 3 different times on this server. I can add reasons why I am not anymore for each time if wanted.
    Why should we choose you over other applicants? [minimum 2 paragraphs]  I have been a relatively active player on Garnet for over 2 years now. I know the community and rules like the back of my hand. As stated above I was staff on three separate occasions on the server, but could not maintain the position at the time because of real life problems and such. I had thought about applying for maybe a week or so now just because I have rejuvenated my interest in the server and the community. I know that many people who apply say, "I would great because I play a lot," and I understand that my application might be coming off as similar, but that isn't what I am trying convey. I try to hop on as much as I can but being a college student it is hard for me to say I am active all the time. However, when I am on I do try my best to make sure that everyone is having a good time and enforcing the rules as best I can. I am assuming that many of the staff run into me playing music through my mic sitting in my hobo cabins just trying to have good conversations with many fellow members of the community. That is what I feel defines me as a community member and I want to join the staffing team so I can help maintain the community I have been a part of for so long. I would like to offer my free time on the server to rejoin the staffing team that I have been missing. 

For real life experience I can bring to the team, well for a few years now I have been a skills and development coach for children learning to play hockey (When I mean children I mean 8-16) . So I have a lot of experience dealing with teenagers who constantly want their way and such. Pretty much I am used to dealing with situations between people who may not get along (Teammates fighting etc.)  I am also a certified hockey referee which gave me the training to know the rules and how to go about enforcing a broken rule. However my previous staff applications also said the same things so I won't go into much detail to make sure I am not copying/repeating the same responses. If you have any questions or concerns about me as a staff member please don't hesitate to ask me or comment your opinion. Thank You!
    Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, Include details: Yes, I was in fact banned permanently by Garnet back in early 2020. The ban was for Chargeback. However, the ban was false and proggy unbanned me himself because I was not the person who charged back; it was a player whom I bought a custom class from. I will link my appeal for you to read if it is still available. I have no other bans on this server. Ban Appeal: 

Have you made any previous applications, If so when?: I have made three separate staff applications not including this one. 

Staff Application #3: 

Staff Application #2: 

Staff Application #1:

How much time do you have to contribute to the role?: Depends on the week. Midterms and such will definitely put a strain on the time I can do this. I try to get on atleast 10 hours a week at minimum but that can change depending on the circumstances.
    If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Garry's Mod? I have numerous hobbies outside of GMod. I play poker, ultimate frisbee, I am an avid skateboarder (Still in the process of learning tho) and I spend a lot of time with friends. Of course I am at college so parties are a usual pastime during the weekend. 
Did you read the staff rules?: Corbz

Edited by Corbzz
  • Like 4
  • Agree 1

Happy to see your staff app!  You're overqualified when it comes to playtime/experience, and I've never EVER had any bad experiences with you.  Your staff app is very well written, and the transparency you offer with your previous staff terms is a good sign for those who don't know you.  To sum it up, you behave better than some staff members, while not being one yourself.  

big +1 from me, good luck man!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Corbzz said:

Staff Application #3: 

As far as I'm concerned, unless, as I said in your staff app all that time ago, unless something comes up, you still got my support!

Been talking with you in game and have seen you on a lot, especially during some off time hours. Would be nice to work with you again.

I cant +1 this since I'm a manager, but I thought I'd mention it.

Edited by Shin_Tsukimi
  • Like 1
On 9/23/2021 at 12:37 PM, Corbzz said:

In-game name: HG Corbz
SteamID (https://steamid.io/): STEAM_0:1:44388217
Warns: 0
Timezone: EST
Playtime?: | HG C̶o̶r̶b̶z̶ has played for 1092:23:30.
Do you have access to TeamSpeak and a microphone?: [YES/NO] Yes
Do you have the ability to record Garry's Mod videos?:[YES/NO] Yes
    Referral(s): [What administrator recommended you to apply?] None
    Past experiences as staff: [Optional] Been a staff 3 different times on this server. I can add reasons why I am not anymore for each time if wanted.
    Why should we choose you over other applicants? [minimum 2 paragraphs]  I have been a relatively active player on Garnet for over 2 years now. I know the community and rules like the back of my hand. As stated above I was staff on three separate occasions on the server, but could not maintain the position at the time because of real life problems and such. I had thought about applying for maybe a week or so now just because I have rejuvenated my interest in the server and the community. I know that many people who apply say, "I would great because I play a lot," and I understand that my application might be coming off as similar, but that isn't what I am trying convey. I try to hop on as much as I can but being a college student it is hard for me to say I am active all the time. However, when I am on I do try my best to make sure that everyone is having a good time and enforcing the rules as best I can. I am assuming that many of the staff run into me playing music through my mic sitting in my hobo cabins just trying to have good conversations with many fellow members of the community. That is what I feel defines me as a community member and I want to join the staffing team so I can help maintain the community I have been a part of for so long. I would like to offer my free time on the server to rejoin the staffing team that I have been missing. 

For real life experience I can bring to the team, well for a few years now I have been a skills and development coach for children learning to play hockey (When I mean children I mean 8-16) . So I have a lot of experience dealing with teenagers who constantly want their way and such. Pretty much I am used to dealing with situations between people who may not get along (Teammates fighting etc.)  I am also a certified hockey referee which gave me the training to know the rules and how to go about enforcing a broken rule. However my previous staff applications also said the same things so I won't go into much detail to make sure I am not copying/repeating the same responses. If you have any questions or concerns about me as a staff member please don't hesitate to ask me or comment your opinion. Thank You!
    Have you ever been banned or punished on any server? If so, Include details: Yes, I was in fact banned permanently by Garnet back in early 2020. The ban was for Chargeback. However, the ban was false and proggy unbanned me himself because I was not the person who charged back; it was a player whom I bought a custom class from. I will link my appeal for you to read if it is still available. I have no other bans on this server. Ban Appeal: 

Have you made any previous applications, If so when?: I have made three separate staff applications not including this one. 

Staff Application #3: 

Staff Application #2: 

Staff Application #1:

How much time do you have to contribute to the role?: Depends on the week. Midterms and such will definitely put a strain on the time I can do this. I try to get on atleast 10 hours a week at minimum but that can change depending on the circumstances.
    If you have any, what hobbies or activities are you involved in outside of Garry's Mod? I have numerous hobbies outside of GMod. I play poker, ultimate frisbee, I am an avid skateboarder (Still in the process of learning tho) and I spend a lot of time with friends. Of course I am at college so parties are a usual pastime during the weekend. 
Did you read the staff rules?: Corbz

I haven't really seen you around a lot but everyone else has nothing but good things to say so why not +1

Edited by Mr_Therapist
Spelling mistake
  • Like 1